T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Rhino.Freak 11th December 2013, 10:07 am

lovely work A-MAN! +1.. and you too mark.. and boy that X KOs will be definitely awesome! can't wait for it!!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by pack5642 11th December 2013, 3:31 pm

that zoro is amazing, amazing job mark, you are making my fav character epic  Thumbs up! . and wooow a-man, some amazing progress, really like how the HP/MP/Rp bar looks like. i agree with rhino for the KO's.

pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 12th December 2013, 8:07 pm

Alright then, thanks! Done with Luffy's jump attack and another combination move. Was really gonna showcase, but I am already in the middle of writing a great deal of code (the code for reading the BGs as A-Files). This is gonna take some time due to the fact that I didn't implement the camera and the parallax scrolling related stuff into the A-Engine yet. And due to my stupidity, that latest build of the exe is broken, and so I can't post anything unless I am done with the operation. Thanks for your patience.
Next up:
*The new BG: Dressrosa's Corrida Colosseum stage.
*Introducing BGs interaction.
*The KO system I talked about earlier.
*The latest progress I've done with Luffy + Zoro with his 3 hit combo and combination (hopefully).

After doing all of the above, I can say a demo featuring Zoro, Luffy and Marine soldiers isn't really far now. I would only have to code few other moves for Luffy and Zoro, and implement a menu and the selection screen for the engine XD.
(That would also mean the A-Engine will be ready for a real release afterwards. Not only that, but it would also mean that Rhino and Pack would be able to help in coding characters and stuff as well; 3 hands are sure better than one!; faster progress!)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jason007 14th December 2013, 4:11 pm

great news to hear!! I reli cant wait for that>.<
reli exciting, I visited this fourm so frequently recently
so we can expect there will be a demo version soon, right?

jason007
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th December 2013, 2:09 pm

If you mean literally a demo, then you can expect that soon. In case you mean a release like demo (like what we had in the previous versions), then its still too early to think of that.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 24th December 2013, 8:24 pm

Sup GUYS! So it has been a while since I last posted here, but as I usually say, this never means that we stopped working on the game. It's just that most of the work we did in the past days were a technical, like usual. There is still some stuff to show and that's why I am here now.

So ladies and gentle men, I present you, ZORO! (sprites edited by Rocker!):
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 KaoE5q1

He is a bit slower than Luffy, but more combo-able. His gameplay is more flexible, but has got less stamina points.
Moves:
3 hit combo:
So as you've noticecd, when Zoro slashes, a different effect appears rather than that yellow one. That's because the A-Engine allows effects for any sort of attack (cuts, blood, punches (normal hit sparks), poison, electricity..etc. In fact, the A-Engine has got 10 A-files just for these kind of effects. That's about 6500 frames! I've got more effects to put for each kind of attack for later characters!
Also, you can change the facing direction of your character between one hit of the combo and another. For instance, suppose you're surrounded by 2 opponents. You can do the first hit of the combo to the one in front of you, then hold the opposite key direction for your character to continue the rest of the combo on the other enemy on the back. This applies to Luffy's 3hit combo as well.

Dash attack:
Unlike Pre-Time skip Zoro's, it doesn't knock the opponent away, but more of dealing damage and pushing the opponent. Good to start a combo.

Defending Mechanism:
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 2pr9
You all must remember defending being the most useless action in the older LF2'd OPAE. Not any more! You can know hold down Defend to keep defending until you release it. It is useful to defend almost all the attacks! Including the hell moves and stuff! How ever, defending now doesn't keep all the damage, but rather reduce it to have it reach about 20% of the original. Defending can as well be penetrated if attacked simultaneously and smartly (like hitting the opponent from the back). The mechanism is pretty simple. Each character have about 200 defend points (can be changed to suit the character or balance it) which regenerate if ever reduced with a rate of 30 per second. Normal 3 hit combo attacks can reduce about 110 DP. After about 50 DPs are left, the defender will start budging and moving backwards being more affected by the attacks. A draw back of defending, is that SP (stamina points) regeneration stops while you're at it.

Ishi Sonson:
So I guess you all know that the A-Engine supports an additional button for input? (Heavy Attack/Special). This move can be perfored by merely clicking that! And as well, here, this does no knock out. Just a bit of damage and has a good defense penetration value (130). You can also continue pressing Attack to go on with the second hit of Zoro's original 3-hit combo.

Aaaand for Luffy:
Jump attack: Stamp Gattling!!:
Yup, didn't fix the hit_X text yet. So in that attack, you can hold A to keep kicking; however you will have your SP depleting as you go! So be careful! Not to forget to mention that your given control moving a bit in the x-axis with the arrow keys.

Grab and Punch:
Performed by holding forward + Special. Luffy drags the opponent to him to land a haki powered punch! (sprites by Rocker!! THUMBS UP FOR ROCKER!)

So any comments, questions or whatever are/is welcome!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 25th December 2013, 1:37 am

Awesome stuff A man! But on Luffy's grab + punch, his last frame punch attack he becomes sleeveless whats this all about A man xD.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

-|Mark975|- : Team A Spriter and Designer
Bellies Bellies : 16023

Back to top Go down

Post by jason007 25th December 2013, 3:23 am

Great work as usual and really good observation Mark, I have to enlarge the sprite to see whats's going on~~
so there will be 4 buttons for A-engines now, will there be more moves due to the increase of combinations of the four buttons?
BTW, I would really appreciate a Christmas release if possilbe  Razz Razz 

jason007
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th December 2013, 4:02 am

@Mark: Glad you liked it! And I know I know. That wasn't the punch of the sprites you made. Really sorry. But that's because that punch you sprited didn't look powerful enough to have it knock opponent all the way like this one. I thought about asking you to change it, but you were busy with Zoro. So I tried changing it myself, and it seems I failed XD.

@Jason: The main reason I had them 4 buttons is because I wanted to avoid 3-buttons combinations. And arrow key plus attack/special is enough now to cover all the moves I need to code. I think you can say some character will have more moves, while some will have less.
And a Christmas release? I don't think so. Maybe once I am done coding a third character (maybe it is going to be Law).
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th December 2013, 5:56 am

Fabulous. Man you rock. This post gave me happiness strokes.. All system is fabulous.. Effects are superb.. And it all looks amazing.. Well done a-man and mark. +1

edit: damn me.. I tried pressing "+" in your upper post but my phone lagged and i pressed "-" accidently.. So sorry a-man.. Sad it was a mistake.. Now all of you please "+1" the hell out of that post so that we don't get to see that red bar

edit 2: cmon A-MAN! I am soo waiting for your master A-Engine thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O 25th December 2013, 1:17 pm

Progress is awesome as always.. But I think Zoro is faster than Luffy but slower than Sanji.. And he has the highest stamina of all Strawhats..
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 16979

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th December 2013, 1:31 pm

@Rhino: Yea I will! Just let me finish with the BG A-Scripts. And don't bother about the negative rep thingy. That reputation stuff was never a big deal to begin with.

@TORNADO: Zoro is faster that Luffy? Having more stamina? And Sanji the fastest of them all? I don't think that was ever considered in the anime/manga. I do consider it still for balancing purposes. And glad you liked the new stuff!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th December 2013, 1:38 pm

well .. not acting bitchy but please be a little fast! XD A-Engine is too awesome for me to control myself!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O 25th December 2013, 4:00 pm

A-MAN wrote:@Rhino: Yea I will! Just let me finish with the BG A-Scripts. And don't bother about the negative rep thingy. That reputation stuff was never a big deal to begin with.

@TORNADO: Zoro is faster that Luffy? Having more stamina? And Sanji the fastest of them all? I don't think that was ever considered in the anime/manga. I do consider it still for balancing purposes. And glad you liked the new stuff!

Its actually obvious... Zoro has more stamina cuz he wields 3 swords which requires very much stamina to control.. Sanji is called Black leg because he can do awesome stuff with legs which I think would be logical if he is also the fastest.. Luffy has monstous strength.. So I conclude that

Luffy - Has Strength
Zoro - Has Stamina
Sanji - Is Fastest..

Again its just my logic.. Whether considering it or not is upto you..
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 25th December 2013, 8:05 pm

in one piece almost no one blitzes so I can't really say anything about fighting speed.....sanji has attack speed + combos, luffy has attack strength and gets g2 fighting speed and teleports around everyone, and zoro should be somewhat comboable and very versatile with his long and short range attacks.

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 1797

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 26th December 2013, 7:30 am

wow, just WOW, you really outdid yourselves Mark and A-man. zoro just looks so badass with 3 swords and the effects look amazing. i like how the game is gonna have the defend points , this implementation as well as the stamina points varying will make each character really unique in more ways than before. gotta say that im happy that my fav character zoro is gonna be this badass XD

as for which of the monster trio has more speed/strength/stamina.....let the engine be ready first lol. this stuff can be tweaked later on so no need to worry about it yet.
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 26th December 2013, 11:19 pm

Glad you all like Zoro.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th December 2013, 5:19 am

Thanks a lot dude!! And btw, when you feel like working on something again, let me know. I've got some work to ask you for but since you've asked for a break, I don't want to bother you about it till you're back.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 27th December 2013, 10:18 am

Depending how much work it is I don't mind working on it.
Aww, SHI~! I really thought I posted this in the assignments thread! Anyways,.. A-Man
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th December 2013, 8:37 pm

So its the end of the weekend, and I have had it all free to just work on OPAE. And here is what I have got:
For Zoro:
Uturo and Oturu:
As an alternative dash attack, (dash+special), very useful for direct knocking rather than just starting a combo. Can be very useful when you're looking to knock an opponent down in lava or water in stages they exist at (you're going to see one of those soon, hopefully in the next progress showcase). Consumes about 300 SP.

A jump attack:
Air+Attack. Self explanatory I suppose.

108 Pound Cannon:
Might not look good here, but I made sure it does as in the animation. Forward+ Special. Consumes 600 SP!! (means you have to make sure your SP is full to use it! Or you're gonna suffer from fatigue!) Takes about 2 seconds to charge. Doesn't cause as much damage as it seems. Breaks through defenses, and as you can see, covers a huge range.

The hawk attack thingy, BACK!:
Another air attack! (Air+Special). Zoro moves diagonally toward the ground. Hold Special to continue "wheeling" hitting opponents all over till you run out of stamina points. Doesn't cause any knock, nor break any defense. Useful for clearing up space for when fighting huge numbers of enemies.

And now for Luffy:
Dodge haki:
Defend+ Up/Down. Suppose you findd your self defending against a defense breaker move like Zoro's pound Ho. At the moment of defending, rather than just jumping from the attack or dashing a way, you're given the choice to simply press one of your Up/Down arrow keys to dodge the fastest attacks as if they were nothing. Of course, this would need a little bit of training as well as well timed reflexes. Consumes about 350 SP.

And like always, comments, questions or anything are welcome!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O 28th December 2013, 8:50 pm

You have left me speechless.... Not sure what I can ask! Its just pure piece of awesomeness!! That Air-Attack and Hawk looks epic!..

I have one question about prediction haki.. It is shown in anime that he dodges the attacks by only moving the upper part of body not the feets.. But here you have totally displaced him.. Not that I mind, just a question..
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 28th December 2013, 11:05 pm

Awesome work A man!

@IB
Thats true but the thing is its only a sprite we can't really make it so he moves his upper body like he does in the anime.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 29th December 2013, 1:38 am

cant u just make it so his upper body slants 5% in one of the frames? and make the attack miss, I think that would be awesome....nice job games looking awesome +1

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 29th December 2013, 4:28 am

Thanks everyone!! 
@Tornado and ULTIMUS: The thing is that you will not be dodging bullets through out the game. You want a move which can dodge almost anything, or why would you use it? For instance, the Pound cannon indeed would need moving as a whole to dodge, and so it is for most of the attacks. Also, I find the current one cool enough, cuz you're even able to slip all the way from the attack to the back of the opponent doing a counter attack. At first, I wanted to perfect the system I used for the dodging haki in the older OPAE's, but then I thought it would be cheap.
So are you convinced now XD?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 29th December 2013, 4:53 am

Not sure about them, but I am thoroughly convinced man.. Damn epic progress you got there.. Keep it up, cant wait to try it out.. And ofcourse +1
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 29th December 2013, 4:57 am

I'm convinced aswell.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O 29th December 2013, 6:59 am

Okay I got your point there.. Anyways 1st +1 was given by me... xD
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 30th December 2013, 12:19 pm

wohoo!! awesome progress A-MAN +1
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 30th December 2013, 6:12 pm

ok I see now...+1

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th December 2013, 6:29 pm

O.K! Thanks! So the next progress is going to take a while, as I've started with the new BG. Anyways, ANY suggestions will really be appreciated. Spark off! (oh and that's a new "catch phrase thing" I came up with.)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 30th December 2013, 11:21 pm

@A man
Send me the work man haha Razz.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 1st January 2014, 9:27 am

I'm already thinking of combos in my head lol, can't wait for upcoming progress . way to go man
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 5th January 2014, 8:35 am

Haha well tell A man those combos.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th January 2014, 1:29 pm

Hello everyone!! It has been a while y'all! So this time, there isn't any progress on any character, but rather, a new background. This has taken some time because of it being the first real interactive BG for the A-Engine:
Currently, we are unsure whether we will be using the water textures in the first, or in the second. Please help us by stating your opinion.
Dressrosa's Colleseum
1- https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/1SJFem5RoWxNFzHNH0sW+Screenshot_1.png
2- https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/ylA8IjSBGxIYuy1AUtAq+Screenshot_3.png

The TVs on the top are still to function by showing a recording of the playing of the player who has caused the most damage to the others. The stairs are still to be filled with people who cheers for the best. We are still waiting for the stage to appear in the anime for us to see more visual details. The water isn't just there for nothing. You can actually knock the opponent away from the ring causing him to sink losing some of his HP:
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 PJdoeEY One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 2 X2SyWfK

Be careful not to fall in accidentally! And that's it for now. I suppose the BG A-Files are enough now to code the most complex interactive backgrounds with everything you would ever imagine. The school's midyear exam are starting tomorrow; That's less work on the game unfortunately.
Comments, questions, suggestions or any other things are welcome!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -Shivam- 7th January 2014, 4:10 pm

I can't believe I missed this thread up until now. Amazing job Team A! Love the new progress! A-Engine is full of awesomeness, as expected, and new sprites looks amazing!

I think water looks better in first version. I got a little question, how will the character that falls in water will come out? Will they simply be teleported back or something?

+3 to A man and +2 to Mark! Very Happy
-Shivam-
-Shivam-
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 7536

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 7th January 2014, 5:18 pm

They'll be teleported to the middle while they blink for some moments i guess.. And yeah A-man and mark have left me speechless
glad you loved the workman..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th January 2014, 7:51 pm

Thanks!
I haven't worked out the blinking yet. But about what happens after they fall, they just recover back at one of the 2 ends of the ring depending on which is nearer to the spot you fell at. (got another idea? should I make them recover to the middle as Rhino have suggested?) Also, any suggestion for what Stage shall we plan for next? (Shapodi Island perhaps? Where you can jump on the bubbles and stuff?)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 8th January 2014, 5:34 am

how about a random location in the ground so that the character doesn't get fallen in traps that can be set keeping in mind where he will be coming? what say?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 8th January 2014, 12:30 pm

Being spawned randomly would rather be a disadvantage for the player who knocked you out. When you re-spawn, you are invulnerable for few seconds. Conventional logic suggests that the player who is just re-spawned will try his best to hit the opponent while he is invulnerable. Being re-spawned in a random place would even make it harder for the opponent to stay away from you; thus, the chances to surprise your opponent with a deadly combo makes you at an advantage. And that's not the purpose of all the falling stuff. When you are knocked to the water, you're at loss. Got it ;D.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -Shivam- 8th January 2014, 1:05 pm

In that case, recovering back to near edge is okay, like you originally planned. I just asked to see if you're gonna make it something like SSB or not. Razz
-Shivam-
-Shivam-
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 7536

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 8th January 2014, 1:54 pm

-Shivam- wrote:In that case, recovering back to near edge is okay, like you originally planned. I just asked to see if you're gonna make it something like SSB or not. Razz
Actually, a lot of things in this game are inspired from Super Smash Bros, but not everything. Super Smash's style is totally different, so you can't expect everything to be like it.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 9th January 2014, 4:57 am

Spawning near the edge is fine but not too close.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by jason007 9th January 2014, 7:01 am

Awesome stage and great work A man!
I just got an idea about a new stage where. The stage is on the ship Sunny, and there are many cannons attacking the ship and marine getting on the ship. Characters will have abilities to reflect those cannons away.
The marine and the cannons will attack the ship sunny, and sunny is given something like a hp bar, which will be reducing when it is attacked. When the hp of sunny goes to 0 , the game is over.
dunno if this is a good idea or if it is possilbe.

jason007
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th January 2014, 7:06 am

jason007 wrote:Awesome stage and great work A man!
I just got an idea about a new stage where. The stage is on the ship Sunny, and there are many cannons attacking the ship and marine getting on the ship. Characters will have abilities to reflect those cannons away.
The marine and the cannons will attack the ship sunny, and sunny is given something like a hp bar, which will be reducing when it is attacked. When the hp of sunny goes to 0 , the game is over.
dunno if this is a good idea or if it is possilbe.
You mean something like a survival mode? Actually, I have plan on having some stages in the story mode, where you are actually PLAYING WITH THE SHIP. You go forward destroying ships with cannon balls. When your out of them, you can always bash another ship to have the crew hunt that ship for Cola and Cannon balls. There will be this cola meter where you will be able to do some special moves with them like Coup De Burst, and that Hyper cannon Franky made. But I don't think I will be doing this anytime soon. Perhaps, in the future, when I get the story mode ready for the Engine.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 9th January 2014, 7:16 am

A-MAN wrote:
You mean something like a survival mode? Actually, I have plan on having some stages in the story mode, where you are actually PLAYING WITH THE SHIP. You go forward destroying ships with cannon balls. When your out of them, you can always bash another ship to have the crew hunt that ship for Cola and Cannon balls. There will be this cola meter where you will be able to do some special moves with them like Coup De Burst, and that Hyper cannon Franky made. But I don't think I will be doing this anytime soon. Perhaps, in the future, when I get the story mode ready for the Engine.

Ship battles sounds really fun, you could have another set of gameplay with different ships and characters, and maybe a certain amount of freeroam with ships. Ever play the new assassins creed pirate game? They did a great job with ship battles there.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th January 2014, 7:24 am

Z-studios wrote:Ship battles sounds really fun, you could have another set of gameplay with different ships and characters, and maybe a certain amount of freeroam with ships. Ever play the new assassins creed pirate game? They did a great job with ship battles there.
Never really played it (I'm a Nintendo fanboy btw Razz). Like what stuff made it fun like that? It's better for everything to be put into account for me, as it's going to make coding that easier.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 9th January 2014, 7:31 am

Well the ocean was pretty vast and you can go around looking for other ships. There are hazards like storms, whirpools, etc so its fun navigating your ship and exploring new islands. You fight other ships you come across and after weakening it with cannons you can board the ship and loot it and such. Also you have to run away from the navy and such too. Imagine that with One Piece with the thousand sunny. With the ocean you can have an actual weakness to DF users so fighting near the ocean could be a risk.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th January 2014, 11:16 am

We're going to make all that happen!
@others: It seems we won't be using OPGB ripped sprites anymore! Z-Studios, also known as Zxcv and a new teammate, is working on brand new awesome sprites! You're all going to see what you've never seen nor imagined to be in any One Piece games you've ever played! Keep eyes on this thread for the next progress showcase!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 9th January 2014, 12:08 pm

Out of curiosity, what will you do with the progress of zoro and luffy that you have coded yet since we'll be using zxcv's sprites? Team A will rule now by the way!!!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 9th January 2014, 12:42 pm

I played the assassin's creed game. But how are going to implement large oceans and free roaming into a 2d game?
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next