T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Z-studios 15th July 2014, 7:06 am

Bout beta's suggestion:

Can't have the sword change randomly. From shifting between forms I need to keep the animation simple and consistent when he pulls out or puts back a sword. Shushui stays in his right hand the entire time when shifting forms, so when going from mouth to belt with Wado Ichimonji it needs to stay the same too. Hope it makes sense, it'll be clearer when I animate the sword shifts.

Also thoughts?
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 2lsve3c
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Rhino.Freak 15th July 2014, 7:52 am

WOHOHO man, Sanji looks perfect! so awesome! but his height is a bit short.. according to wiki, he's 180cm and Zoro's 181cm.. so yeah almost same height is what we should have!
+1 for the perfection!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 15th July 2014, 10:26 am

Thanks XD

How about the height now?  
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 9r3pfq
law 1 pixel taller cause hat, but only 2 pixel shorter than zoro

Also defend animation.  Pretty quick to do Sanji's stuff, might do him alongside Zoro
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 4tx5eg
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 15th July 2014, 10:56 am

In wikia they said Law is taller than Zoro and zoro is 1cm taller than Sanji. Lol

Edit: oh rhino already mentioned it. Nevermind. #nohaet #luv4evry1
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by vunguyen97 15th July 2014, 11:09 am

Sanji looks perfect @@. Damn you're awesome, Z.
And about the height, Law is 191cm and Zoro is 181cm(wiki). So Zoro should be shorter than Law.
vunguyen97
vunguyen97
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 912

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 15th July 2014, 11:16 am

perfect defending! GODDAMN Z WHAT ARE YOU
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by vunguyen97 15th July 2014, 11:31 am

He's God to us. I can't wait to see Zoro's Asura and Sanji's Diable Jambe. It's gonna be awesome.
vunguyen97
vunguyen97
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 15th July 2014, 11:32 am

Thanks guys XD

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 2uepgly
Alright so lowered Zoro by one pixel.  This makes Law taller than zoro by one pixel, and sanji shorter than zoro by one pixel as well, and 2 shorter than law.  Looks about right now? (honestly, when breathing though they'll be moving up and down one pixel anyways)

Think I'm done with the frames of gorilla.  17, any more changes?
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Gorilla2_by_z_studios-d7qrcgg
Does the attack look like it has enough power behind it?  Is the settle back into idle arlight?
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th July 2014, 1:52 pm

Yay! Sanji XD! Looking really SICK!
Regarding the Gorilla, some dust effects when the muscles pop out will do. Everything else is perfect. So what have you planned for Sanji's move set?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 15th July 2014, 2:36 pm

I have been waiting patiently for Kuroashi no Sanji to make his appearance!!~ XD

@Z: 'Cause he's like a stick figure right..? one suggestion, please incorporate sky walk into some of his techniques. Like >>A could be that one kick he did on Bins in film Z. Where he sky walked into a side kick. Sanji has so much potential haha

EDIT: Maybe his charge attacks will be diable jambe and sky walk? Of course diable jambe depends on the frame he's in and sky walk can be for attacks where he augments his kick power going forward, or he can maneuver above or around his opponents defense and then attacks. Keeping his maneuverability in mind, I think he should be a bit lower in dps for his basic moves. Or sky walk techs can just be regular non-charge attacks in order to make it eaasier.Thoughts?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 15th July 2014, 3:55 pm

Gorilla looks amazing! I think for powerful effect, make him shake a little during charge up? And maybe a stumble when he lands on his feet to show his strong momentum.. Like make him go a bit forward.. If you get what I'm saying Razz

Also, I personally think, we should ONLY think about Zoro's moveset for now, and probably get all the basic movements done for Sanji? (like run, walk, jump, roll, flip, damage, etc).. Just saying so we can concentrate better on Zoro's moves and then go for Sanji's.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 15th July 2014, 4:54 pm

Back from a week in crete Razz
Zoro looks amazing Very Happy
Didnt quite get how the system works though D:
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 15th July 2014, 5:17 pm

Sorry my bad. I just got carried away with my excitement for sanji... Sad =.="

I'll stay on topic guys
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 15th July 2014, 5:57 pm

Flash9tk wrote:Sorry my bad. I just got carried away with my excitement for sanji... Sad =.="

I'll stay on topic guys

Lolh no.. you weren't offtopic so no need to be sorry, I just gave my views that we should consider and discuss Zoro for now and that's it. Your ideas still count and were on topic, chill. Razz
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 15th July 2014, 6:01 pm

Wink i have an idea for zoro maybe he should have 3 forms that in its first form he can use 1 sword technics and in its second form 2 swords technics and in its third form he can use 3 swords technics with bandana or without it and he can use the same combination as every character and to switch between the forms with the combination of d+j+a >or< thats my opinion i hope you understand and soory for my bad english

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 15th July 2014, 7:02 pm

onepiece22 wrote:Wink i have an idea for zoro maybe he should have 3 forms that in its first form he can use 1 sword technics and in its second form 2 swords technics and in its third form he can use 3 swords technics with bandana or without it and he can use the same combination as every character and to switch between the forms with the combination of d+j+a >or< thats my opinion i hope you understand and soory for my bad english
From what I've been reading, I think the switch between the swords is already planned for Zoro. I don't think he'll switch between with and without bandanna though since it will take too much time. Those moves will probably be integrated into his 3-sword form instead somehow.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 15th July 2014, 7:17 pm

Also, for gorilla, i think it should be
Starting pose>Muscles>Blow
Instead of the current
Starting pose+muscles>Blow
Get what i mean?
Like he should get into the pose AND THEN pump his muscles to emphasize it.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th July 2014, 9:34 pm

Zoro switching between the 3 sword styles is the plan; however, it won't feel like a "transformation" as you will be going in between the modes as you fight; certain moves will trigger what mode is Zoro at.

The bandana will be more of a taunt form which you would need to use Rage Pts for. The only special thing with it is that finishers will only be available when you're wearing the bandana.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 15th July 2014, 10:10 pm

A-MAN wrote:Yay! Sanji XD! Looking really SICK!
Regarding the Gorilla, some dust effects when the muscles pop out will do. Everything else is perfect. So what have you planned for Sanji's move set?
will do dust effects.  XD

Uh sanji's basics would be really simple, the ^>V will just basically be the direction of his kick.

^-Bouquetière Shot (kicks opponent up in the air)
>- Mouton Shot (straight forward smash)  Escalope (air)
V- Collier (kick opponent downwards)  Brochette(air)

<>-party kick course

ah and Sanji's charge attacks might be a rapid kick of the direction you're charging in. Just to vary things up a little.

Flash9tk wrote:
@Z: 'Cause he's like a stick figure right..? one suggestion, please incorporate sky walk into some of his techniques. Like >>A could be that one kick he did on Bins in film Z. Where he sky walked into a side kick. Sanji has so much potential haha
lol pretty much.  Also since his body is pretty black I just have to fill in my sketch and just do the head and he is pretty much done.  

Ah that sexy fire kick finisher?  I'll def add that XD

Flash9tk wrote:
EDIT: Maybe his charge attacks will be diable jambe and sky walk? Of course diable jambe depends on the frame he's in and sky walk can be for attacks where he augments his  kick power going forward, or he can maneuver above or around his opponents defense and then attacks. Keeping his maneuverability in mind, I think he should be a bit lower in dps for his basic moves.  Or sky walk techs can just be regular non-charge attacks in order to make it eaasier.Thoughts?
hm dunno about charge attacks being fire, it might be too similar to Sabo.  Was thinking of S being spin, and the more you spin the longer your diable jamble mode will be on.  Like you can just tap it once and use a quick fire attack, but spin longer to stay in fire mode more.

And his sky walk will just basically be a double jump you can keep chaining to stay in the air, just takes stamina though  

Rhino.Freak wrote:Gorilla looks amazing! I think for powerful effect, make him shake a little during charge up? And maybe a stumble when he lands on his feet to show his strong momentum.. Like make him go a bit forward.. If you get what I'm saying Razz

Also, I personally think, we should ONLY think about Zoro's moveset for now, and probably get all the basic movements done for Sanji? (like run, walk, jump, roll, flip, damage, etc).. Just saying so we can concentrate better on Zoro's moves and then go for Sanji's.
Thanks, will fix up momentum and add a shake.  

Ah I'll get sanji's basics to you soon, think you can just add them as I go along? XD

riquelme375 wrote:Also, for gorilla, i think it should be
Starting pose>Muscles>Blow
Instead of the current
Starting pose+muscles>Blow
Get what i mean?
Like he should get into the pose AND THEN pump his muscles to emphasize it.
I combined the pose+muscles to make the timing faster, otherwise the start up would take too long and you won't be able to hit anyone.  Zoro might charge to the gorilla spirit too, and going from pose to muscles would take too long, almost amount the same time as giant pistol.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 16th July 2014, 2:39 pm

@Z: yeah the sexy fire finisher will be a great addition!! But I was talking about the weaker one.

https://youtu.be/wcuHEDYf2gk

Check out the kick at 00:43 secs. Imagine that with no flame and coming at different angles.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 16th July 2014, 7:11 pm

Ah the rapid kick?  Yea so for Sanji we planned for his charge to be rapid kicks instead of a power attack like luffy/zoro, just to make his gameplay style different.  So a move like that might be >holdA, then release and sanji will dash forward and do that rapid forward kick.  

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Gorilla3_by_z_studios-d7qxzjj
finished blocking in and cleaning up, also added effects.  just shading left I think

and the charge version
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Gorilla3_by_z_studios-d7qy16i
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 16th July 2014, 7:20 pm

Oh man I wish Sanji can be combo char with his kick
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 16th July 2014, 8:07 pm

Ah yea, I think Sanji could be the most combo heavy character. His kicks have very little start up time and its basically knock the opponent in whatever direction you want. His drawbacks are just lack of range in his attacks, but he is probably the fastest of the trio outside gear 2nd.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 16th July 2014, 10:30 pm

Looks really nice ^^
Great work!
So, i didnt completely get it, but is luffy done?
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 16th July 2014, 10:57 pm

Awesome everything sounds like it'll be spot on Very Happy. Zoro's looking great too!b
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 17th July 2014, 12:17 am

Z, its just me or 1 frame is needed in last 4-5? Its kinda looking weird or its weird cause of no shading on it?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 17th July 2014, 12:47 am

Ah Luffy is still polishing, working with Aman on his gameplay and I think working on his AI too.  

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Sanjiwalk_by_z_studios-d7r0lhd
walk progress, still fixing upper body, just getting his legs set up first

@Doffy:
hm elaborate more?   Like after the swing or when he settles back into idle?  I might add another frame in there, you think it isn't look smooth in that area?

Last edited by Z-studios on 17th July 2014, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 17th July 2014, 1:25 am

woah! that's awesome...but his head looks 3d O.o. Just a request, but could you guys convert the old game into the a-engine... it makes a nice pre-timeskip game, but loading takes so long.....

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 1797

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 17th July 2014, 1:38 am

ULTIMOS wrote:woah! that's awesome...but his head looks 3d O.o. Just a request, but could you guys convert the old game into the a-engine... it makes a nice pre-timeskip game, but loading takes so long.....

If team-A took their time to do that...imagine how much of the new OPAE could be done. 'Cause it's not just transferring sprites.. I'm pretty sure it'd take some work and they are too motivated to step backward haha
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 17th July 2014, 2:04 am

a-man is making a program that can change lf2 to a engine(don't know if its just chars though) so maybe its possible.

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 1797

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 17th July 2014, 2:56 am

Interesting. Time will tell.. throwing the old in with the new would make a nice demo
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 17th July 2014, 4:40 am

ULTIMOS wrote:a-man is making a program that can change lf2 to a engine(don't know if its just chars though) so maybe its possible.

That being true, will definitely do the lengthy works of conversion by changing the syntax (I hope), but there will be some sweet portions that would be left to actually code. I think this can be made, but will probably be given less priority. I think I will do it if time lets me Wink coz I was indeed planning to get some popular LF2 mods to A-engine.

@Z : Yes I think I have some time before college start so I can work Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 17th July 2014, 9:44 am

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Sanjiwalk3_by_z_studios-d7r1t3h
getting there

Last edited by Z-studios on 17th July 2014, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 17th July 2014, 12:30 pm

Z-studios wrote:@Doffy:
hm elaborate more?   Like after the swing or when he settles back into idle?  I might add another frame in there, you think it isn't look smooth in that area?
Swing part, i think, but its only my opinion.
Z, you ROCKS!
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by vunguyen97 17th July 2014, 1:39 pm

I think it's perfect.
vunguyen97
vunguyen97
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 17th July 2014, 3:52 pm

Nice! I especially like how he rotates himself as he walks.
I think itll be cool if you can see a part of his other shoulder when he walks.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 17th July 2014, 7:46 pm

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Sanjiwalk3_by_z_studios-d7r37mw
added a little shoulder turn

@Doflamingo:
oh might be this frame throwing it off. Its gonna be used when clashing, normally wont see it probably.
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 4_by_z_studios-d7r37ma
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 17th July 2014, 8:52 pm

I know the walking animation's still being worked on, but I really do not like how only one leg keeps being put forward. Just saying.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by AWSAN.awesome 17th July 2014, 9:52 pm

Holy S_h-i.t (damn the "fecal matter sensor" Razz ). Man this stuff's amazing. Show me moaarrr!
AWSAN.awesome
AWSAN.awesome
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 14215

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 18th July 2014, 12:21 am

@Dragon:

You mean just the same leg keeps going forward?  Its just a starting point, after I get the leg movement right I just mirror the shading to make the other leg.  

should be better here
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Sanjiwalk3_by_z_studios-d7r4inf

Also mouton shot sketch
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 20 Moutonshot_by_z_studios-d7r4ofi

Last edited by Z-studios on 18th July 2014, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 18th July 2014, 12:23 am

Awesome! Just don't forget, that you will need to re-do his hair for left/right Smile

-------

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=594
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20