T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by riquelme375 26th January 2014, 7:14 pm

blood and torn clothes would be SO AWESOME!
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Z-studios 27th January 2014, 12:12 am

torn clothes would mean respriting everyone with a "damaged" look on every frame, might be too much work :/

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 9bc
UFOOO, more coming soon
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 27th January 2014, 1:36 am

Another UFO?! Cool, I guess you guys thought the other was too small?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 27th January 2014, 2:00 am

I thought its gonna be his runnig attack.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 27th January 2014, 3:21 am

I've been redoing a few of his animations, the old UFO I did was too small and kinda sucked lol.

Its going to be his Run Up attack, and you hover and control it a little I think

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 X9q
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 27th January 2014, 3:40 am

Lol I liked it, but this even better!! Sounds just like Kaizoku Musou 2 Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 27th January 2014, 5:51 am

I am Crying with JOY, Z, you are AWESOME!

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 27th January 2014, 6:24 am

ahh, too bad the torn clothes cant be done. its a pretty cool idea.
what about just blood though?
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th January 2014, 7:56 am

@riq: Not really sure about blood all over, but I believe little blood won't hurt. We will consider having that! Thanks for your suggestion!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 27th January 2014, 8:13 am

how about clash effect when you do attack at the same time?
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Post by AWSAN.awesome 27th January 2014, 8:18 am

^yah, I suggest the same thing Smile
AWSAN.awesome
AWSAN.awesome
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 14215

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 27th January 2014, 8:34 am

I'm sure there will be stuff like that, why not someone make 1 suggestions thread and list all this? it would be easier for the team to take a look at it
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 27th January 2014, 2:32 pm

not my suggestion but i think would be cool Very Happy
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 28th January 2014, 12:24 pm

About the enemy sets, I forgot about giant marines and chiper pol agents :3 Thanks Z

Anyway, can you code the marines, soldier etc fight more like systematic? Like they have plan to beat us. But the pirates are different, they just surround you and attack like maniac. Well not my best suggestion, but it'll make the marines and pirates look different in fighting styles and we know how to deal with it ._. I guess.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 12:45 pm

Beta96 wrote:About the enemy sets, I forgot about giant marines and chiper pol agents :3 Thanks Z

Anyway, can you code the marines, soldier etc fight more like systematic? Like they have plan to beat us. But the pirates are different, they just surround you and attack like maniac. Well not my best suggestion, but it'll make the marines and pirates look different in fighting styles and we know how to deal with it ._. I guess.
More systematic? Cool idea! Maybe we can make the grunts come in a square pattern. One row attacks, and not until you beat them, the next row will attack. Or maybe, the arena of the stage can be subdivided into "areas". Each area got some marine troops whom will not attack until you enter it. Its then your choice whether to follow their pattern and fight them one by one, or dive in until they all attack and you beat them one after the other. Grunts planning would be great; and would make the game play more lively. But how about some ideas of plans they can come up with? Here is one:
*Grunts will circumscribe you in a matter that they will always keep a certain distance between you and each. Then they will be assigning 6 grunts, 3 grunts from each side to attack you at once. Also, maybe we can allow several grunts to grab on you in place. At that moment some other grunt will stab/attack/shoot you.
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 XaFpMrZ
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 28th January 2014, 1:04 pm

Yes that's what I'm trying to tell you XD

Well the marines will have 1 line on the left/right, and they shoot you until their bullet/stamina is finish. How about that? If the line has been destroy, the marines behind them will come forward and stay at the line and also start shooting at us? OR if the line destroy the marines will charge you like the one you have stated!

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 4 CVRQg3M
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th January 2014, 1:08 pm

oh btw you should add, like it was in opgw, that when luffy gets shot by a bullet it bounces back at the shooter. reduces some of the more annoying gameplay (for me at least) while staying true to the series.
btw z you should add an avatar maybe. like this one from your deviant art:
This:
also for those of you who didnt see this yet, you're about to get your mind blown http://z-studios.deviantart.com/gallery/
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 2:30 pm

In the story/stage mode, we will have everything IDENTICAL to the manga/anime. Even the story mode will follow the cannon's story line. This includes Luffy being completely immune to electricity, Sanji falling for girls doing silly moves when you try to attack female enemies, logia being completely invulnerable unless when you're using a haki user...etc. However, in the VS mode, everyone will be affected by everything. That's to insure a more skills-based game play rather than the winner being a White beard user. That is also because I am planning to set up tournaments and cool stuff when I am do the online mode, and it would be stupid if I love Buggy and I can't use him because he is weak. You seeing what I mean?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 28th January 2014, 3:10 pm

This is sugoi, but Usopp will run if a strong enemy appear(he is my favorite char), enemys will underestimate their opponents?
there will be speeches or introduction of new chars, new stage?
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th January 2014, 3:13 pm

A-MAN wrote:In the story/stage mode, we will have everything IDENTICAL to the manga/anime. Even the story mode will follow the cannon's story line. This includes Luffy being completely immune to electricity, Sanji falling for girls doing silly moves when you try to attack female enemies, logia being completely invulnerable unless when you're using a haki user...etc. However, in the VS mode, everyone will be affected by everything. That's to insure a more skills-based game play rather than the winner being a White beard user. That is also because I am planning to set up tournaments and cool stuff when I am do the online mode, and it would be stupid if I love Buggy and I can't use him because he is weak. You seeing what I mean?
is it possible to have an option to turn it on or off?
like if its on enel cant zap luffy but if its off enel can zap luffy.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th January 2014, 3:47 pm

Option wont be suitable I believe.. the idea of story mode and vs mode suggested by A-man is perfect to me.
Also speeches will be like in any other game in story mode (bubble dialogues i guess)
And if you mean sounds then yes to that as well..

I guess guys you shouldnt ask these small minor things for now, more concrete ideas that builds up the base of the game should be needed more. like ussops running,i mean its something that can be done any moment, you guys should ask questions about fundamental features if game for now rather than minor details. I do hope that you get what im saying.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 4:26 pm

Lol, nope Rhino let them propose their ideas! I love ideas!
@riq: An option? Well, how about a whole mode for that? A mode where all characters follow the anime logic precisely (wouldn't be so fair though, but all for the fun factor!). I still need to hear other opinions about this though. Specially Team-A's members (so I suppose Rhino doesn't agree?)
So who would like to have that? *Raise hand.

@Lima: Hell yes! That would require a really complex AI that I haven't seen any in any game till now. But I think its worth it!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th January 2014, 5:30 pm

If you love them then no problem!! And a whole mode for it,I agree then.. I just didn't like the option system like a tick on or off feature thingy.. Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th January 2014, 5:48 pm

Agree with rhino, I don't think a toggle on logia would be necessary, just have to get creative with the attacks.  I feel that its possible to get the anime/manga accuracy in normal modes too.  

Well most characters now in TS have some method of hitting logia characters even if it isn't haki.  Usopp has seastone handcuffs and I had an idea of him using the stench flower to stun logia players before he can hit them normally. Also that wolf shockwave could probably hit logia types.  Nami has elemental attacks that should hit logia types, but say if she just hits them with her staff it wouldn't do any damage.   However most of nami's attacks are elemental/weather based so you wouldn't really be using her staff as a meele attack most of the times anyways.    

I think that logia types should have immunity to physical non haki attacks but better mobility and recovery than other characters because they can turn into their element.  However even in their element form moving around they're hittable by haki attacks still so it balances out.   ex.  if hit smoker can press special to phase into smoke and move away.  However, since most competitive players have haki, you're just setting yourself up for more punishment if you phase into smoke right in front of their attack and better off just taking it and recovering normally like other players.  However in stage mode where most grunts won't have haki.  Smoker's logia evade would be much more useful ad he can pretty much ignore all grunt attacks.  

But also how do you plan to take care of the admiral characters?  I had an idea to just treat them like legendary pokemon, kinda like just fun to use casually, but banned in competitive play and should have secret unlock codes and such.  I don't see how you can balance admiral characters really or say Goku Super Saiyan God.  I can see maybe regular and super saiyan goku being balanced but his other forms are just OP as hell.

Oh for stage mode, anyone play metal slug? I liked the style they used for the npcs and enemies like they get scared or just slack around on screen. I also kinda don't like text boxes or dialogue, just feel it should take place in the action. Reading stuff slows the pace down.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 6:45 pm

Z-studios wrote: 
I think that logia types should have immunity to physical non haki attacks but better mobility and recovery than other characters because they can turn into their element.  However even in their element form moving around they're hittable by haki attacks still so it balances out.  
Didn't quite understand that part. I understood that:
They should normally be hit unless they are changed into there fruit element; however, even in their Logia form, Haki attacks should still hit them. Changing into their forms should have a week point that is it leaves you open when you reform yourself back to a complete human. They should however have a faster recovery speed such that in most scenarios, taking the attack would be better than dodging with the fruit.
Did I get everything right?

If yes then. How about we have this logia change form work the same way we made the dodging haki works?: Defend + Up/Down will change you into your element for a short time; and if hit, you "teleport"behind your opponent and/or maybe counter attack him. This way, we will make such an overpowered feature turn into more of a skill-requiring awesome dodging.

Z-studios wrote:
But also how do you plan to take care of the admiral characters?  I had an idea to just treat them like legendary pokemon, kinda like just fun to use casually, but banned in competitive play and should have secret unlock codes and such.  I don't see how you can balance admiral characters really or say Goku Super Saiyan God.  I can see maybe regular and super saiyan goku being balanced but his other forms are just OP as hell.
A small note to everyone before I reply to this: We're planning to include characters from other animes. You will have to undergo a very specific difficult condition to unlock them. They will just be there in the VS mode for fun; so you won't really see them in the story mode or such.

@Z-Studios: But... but.. Fujitora VS ZORO! I know Fujitora is just stronger but so are most of the main characters in the anime.
Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Shanks, Mihawk, Big mom (who I am pretty sure is gonna appear sooner than we think), Garp, Dragon (same here).

Z-studios wrote:
Oh for stage mode, anyone play metal slug?  I liked the style they used for the npcs and enemies like they get scared or just slack around on screen.  I also kinda don't like text boxes or dialogue, just feel it should take place in the action.  Reading stuff slows the pace down.  
Yeah! I so wanted to have that! Marines backing away when you're about to launch your grizzly magnum or when you're going berserk all over XD. I also agree with the text box part, but its just that I've been asked that a loooot in the past by people. One Piece is just not suitable for these kind of stuff (specially since the game is a beat em up). Short skip-able conversations with bosses won't hurt though (?).

Offtopic: Oh and that's one hell of a jolly roger you got there as an avatar !! Its simple, still amazing XD!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th January 2014, 7:23 pm

A-MAN wrote:
How about we have this logia change form work the same way we made the dodging haki works?: Defend + Up/Down will change you into your element for a short time; and if hit, you "teleport"behind your opponent and/or maybe counter attack him. This way, we will make such an overpowered feature turn into more of a skill-requiring awesome dodging.
Well what about characters who can do both haki and logia evade like Enel?  Plus didn't you want all characters to have the same basic evade/defend to make things fair?  A brief elemental form could be similar like the unique zoan transformations.  You could just have to hold it to keep it going but it could be like Smoker with his bottom half made of smoke and move around freely but still vulnerable to haki attacks, and also going into the elemental form makes you a bigger target too.  It could be keyed the same way like a zoan transform or Luffy going gear 2 to make things similar among all characters?  Maybe special+defend?  

ex.  Say Smoker is getting beat up and is thrown into the air.  He can do his logia form recovery which allows him better movement and speed (like him with his bottom half made of smoke and smoking from body), but he needs to do it at a further range from his opponent as to not get hit again .  However he could just recover normally too like other players and has to be careful on when to use logia form. Also if you have to use it when holding down the keys it means you have let go and get out of the form to attack normally. Like imagine smoker turning into smoke, moving behind luffy, re materializing, and attacking from behind. However, luffy can just attack to smoke IF he can catch up to it with his speed. Haki is meaningless if you can't hit your opponent still like tashigi vs monet.

A-MAN wrote:
@Z-Studios: But... but.. Fujitora VS ZORO! I know Fujitora is just stronger but so are most of the main characters in the anime.
Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Shanks, Mihawk, Big mom (who I am pretty sure is gonna appear sooner than we think), Garp, Dragon (same here).
Well yea, I think they should all be playable but I feel like they should be treated as boss characters.  Unless you plan to balance them out with rage/stamina bars and but give them different values in stage ode to make them ore powerful than normal?  Also for Goku I don't see how you could balance the super saiyans without making the other forms useless or too OP.  

A-MAN wrote:
Yeah! I so wanted to have that! Marines backing away when you're about to launch your grizzly magnum or when you're going berserk all over XD.
lol yea, I always wanted to do different marine expressions.  Maybe falling in love with nami/robin or dancing along with Brook.  Could shout out "mugiwara!" when luffy appears or something too.  

A-MAN wrote:
I also agree with the text box part, but its just that I've been asked that a loooot in the past by people. One Piece is just not suitable for these kind of stuff (specially since the game is a beat em up). Short skip-able conversations with bosses won't hurt though (?).
hmm what about having text box there but not necessary at all to move along the story?  Like say you're on the Hody Jones boss level and he starts a long dialogue about blah blah blah, but in that state where he is talking you can just run up to him and hit him to shut him up and start the battle anytime you want.  

Also if we do make text boxes would it follow the manga/anime words or should we just make up our own versions that maybe poke fun at the series?  Like maybe Hody vs Zoro could be
Hody: I sure hope you don't OHK me or  Doflamingo:  Be honest, does this outfit make me look gay?  idk not really funny but random ideas.  Could be a fun forum project where we put together the series and write up the script of stage mode with everyone.  

A-MAN wrote:Offtopic: Oh and that's one hell of a jolly roger you got there as an avatar !! Its simple, still amazing XD!
Lol thanks, people keep telling me to fix my avatar so I finally did XD
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 8:12 pm

Z-studios wrote:
Well what about characters who can do both haki and logia evade like Enel?  Plus didn't you want all characters to have the same basic evade/defend to make things fair?  A brief elemental form could be similar like the unique zoan transformations.  You could just have to hold it to keep it going but it could be like Smoker with his bottom half made of smoke and move around freely but still vulnerable to haki attacks, and also going into the elemental form makes you a bigger target too.  It could be keyed the same way like a zoan transform or Luffy going gear 2 to make things similar among all characters?  Maybe special+defend?  

ex.  Say Smoker is getting beat up and is thrown into the air.  He can do his logia form recovery which allows him better movement and speed (like him with his bottom half made of smoke and smoking from body), but he needs to do it at a further range from his opponent as to not get hit again .  However he could just recover normally too like other players and has to be careful on when to use logia form.  Also if you have to use it when holding down the keys it means you have let go and get out of the form to attack normally.   Like imagine smoker turning into smoke, moving behind luffy, re materializing, and attacking from behind.  However, luffy can just attack to smoke IF he can catch up to it with his speed.  Haki is meaningless if you can't hit your opponent still like tashigi vs monet.  
I see what you mean. Such a self-contradicting a guy I am Razz. Totally convinced me!

Z-studios wrote:
Well yea, I think they should all be playable but I feel like they should be treated as boss characters.  Unless you plan to balance them out with rage/stamina bars and but give them different values in stage ode to make them ore powerful than normal?  Also for Goku I don't see how you could balance the super saiyans without making the other forms useless or too OP.  
Yeaaaa. That's a great idea! Totally forgot we can have different max HP, SP and RP values/regen rate for each character 🤦 So something like:
Whitebeard; Super strong devastating attack; high attack; high defend; but is low on Stamina and Rage points regeneration rate. Now we're cool XP! Guko's forms are surely supposedly overpowered, but transformation does require RP (right?). He should have too much RP (Bars size doesn't resemble how much points the character has; but what fraction of his max pts are available). Say about a 1000 max. About 100 is required to go SSJ1 which is the initial amount Guko starts with, so you can just go SSJ1 when you just start. 150 is the required to go SSJ 2. 350 is required to go SSJ 3. 650 is required to go SSJ 4. And 1000 is required to go SSJ God. That is, it is according to your patience what form you're gonna change into. Going to a bigger SSJ form will have it a longer period if you're up to going up another SSJ. (or maybe leave him just be overpowered as he is a super secret character (whom ironically everyone knows about already))))

Z-studios wrote:
lol yea, I always wanted to do different marine expressions.  Maybe falling in love with nami/robin or dancing along with Brook.  Could shout out "mugiwara!" when luffy appears or something too.  
And I am definitely going to have this in the game. pirat 

Z-studios wrote:
hmm what about having text box there but not necessary at all to move along the story?  Like say you're on the Hody Jones boss level and he starts a long dialogue about blah blah blah, but in that state where he is talking you can just run up to him and hit him to shut him up and start the battle anytime you want.  

Also if we do make text boxes would it follow the manga/anime words or should we just make up our own versions that maybe poke fun at the series?  Like maybe Hody vs Zoro could be
Hody: I sure hope you don't OHK me or  Doflamingo:  Be honest, does this outfit make me look gay?  idk not really funny but random ideas.  Could be a fun forum project where we put together the series and write up the script of stage mode with everyone.  
Man I just love the way your brain works! Preparing the script with everyone would be awesome, and would give everyone the opportunity to participate in the creation of the game in someway! We're sooo gonna have this!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th January 2014, 8:30 pm

Is it just me or is the game moving super-fast?
Gonna need a distraction before i start getting obsessed with a release date...
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 28th January 2014, 9:47 pm

So, how is Mark keep up with new style?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th January 2014, 10:00 pm

a few questions:
how many moves will luffy have?
what combos will be used? like opgw or like opae (a-d/a-j instead of a>d/a>j)?
P.S. z can you upload opgw version 0.3 to the old forums? i wanna show it to a friend and you took down the link (this is a new pc so i dont have it either)
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 29th January 2014, 2:22 am

About the key combinations, well they are rather different
. Up Attack, Forward Attack, Forward Down Hold Attack etc., you'll see soon..
finally Z putting an avatar! XD
for some reason though i want to have Goku in game, I don't want it in the game as well.. Like.. Its onepiece game, not allstars type.. But still goku would be cool :p
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 29th January 2014, 2:50 am

Rhino.Freak wrote:About the key combinations, well they are rather different
. Up Attack, Forward Attack, Forward Down Hold Attack etc., you'll see soon..
finally Z putting an avatar! XD
for some reason though i want to have Goku in game, I don't want it in the game as well.. Like.. Its onepiece game, not allstars type.. But still goku would be cool :p
Nah, hetoo old for this. I always didn't like "guest" characters especially Goku, if put someone like this let's put Gintoki from Gintama or Gon from Hunter x Hunter, but again, let's just wait for first playable demo, and then in far far future let's think about some guests.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 29th January 2014, 9:19 am

A-Man are you going to make tutorial mode?
I mean there will be something that will teach you about instruction of the game or maybe Pandaman as secret character who will pop up in stage mode ?
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by viv11 29th January 2014, 4:21 pm

[quote="A-MAN"]
Z-studios wrote: 
They should normally be hit unless they are changed into there fruit element; however, even in their Logia form, Haki attacks should still hit them. Changing into their forms should have a week point that is it leaves you open when you reform yourself back to a complete human. They should however have a faster recovery speed such that in most scenarios, taking the attack would be better than dodging with the fruit.
Did I get everything right?

If yes then. How about we have this logia change form work the same way we made the dodging haki works?: Defend + Up/Down will change you into your element for a short time; and if hit, you "teleport"behind your opponent and/or maybe counter attack him. This way, we will make such an overpowered feature turn into more of a skill-requiring awesome dodging.

I am not sure if this has been implemented already, but E.G When Kuma defends, he can repel the enemy attack. But in OPAE, even if Kuma's hands are on the right, and the enemy attacks him from the left, the enemy would still get repelled. I hope you implement this if you have not done yet as it would make it A-Man's idea of after doing logia move,teleporting behind enemy.
viv11
viv11
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 30th January 2014, 2:25 pm

Any new progress lately? Sprites, gameplay, story mode maybe? x)
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 30th January 2014, 2:31 pm

Sprites are being progressed, along with gameplay, be patient for new posts from Team-A. Story mode will be worked upon later, after the new engine has been developed fully, so there's time for it.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 30th January 2014, 2:38 pm

Wow fast reply! Nice! I'll keep supporting! Very Happy

Ps: Make the stage 1 easy, because I can't beat it in easy level XD

Some suggestion: In story mode, is it possible to change character? For example, Smoker vs Law outside of punk Hazard and the program suddenly make you play as Law. Law gonna fight the marine and defeat Smoker (Boss).
Then, we go in the Lab where the program automaticly make us play as Luffy. Luffy fight some grunts and then fight Ceaser Clown (Boss)
In the next stage, where we gonna play as Doflamingo and beat Smoker's ass near the shore XD

I hope this is possible since you can make us, the players, play different people and see how amazing that character has been developed.

Oh and please add checkpoint as I'm new in LF2 mode (Well, it's A-Engine now Razz), it'll be pain in the ass if I get beat up and have to start the story from the beginning!
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 30th January 2014, 3:30 pm

Beta96 wrote:Wow fast reply! Nice! I'll keep supporting! Very Happy

Ps: Make the stage 1 easy, because I can't beat it in easy level XD

Some suggestion: In story mode, is it possible to change character? For example, Smoker vs Law outside of punk Hazard and the program suddenly make you play as Law. Law gonna fight the marine and defeat Smoker (Boss).
Then, we go in the Lab where the program automaticly make us play as Luffy. Luffy fight some grunts and then fight Ceaser Clown (Boss)
In the next stage, where we gonna play as Doflamingo and beat Smoker's ass near the shore XD

I hope this is possible since you can make us, the players, play different people and see how amazing that character has been developed.

Oh and please add checkpoint as I'm new in LF2 mode (Well, it's A-Engine now Razz), it'll be pain in the ass if I get beat up and have to start the story from the beginning!
yeah, checkpoints would be great if possible.
also is it possible (like beta said) to make a story mode? (as in the actual story instead of the normal stage mode)
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th January 2014, 7:26 pm

I should've posted some progress today, but due to some built in mechanics in the A-Engine I had to implement, I've got the whole enine very low performance-wise because most of Law's abilities needed iterating and loop on all the object to check:
*Whether Law is inside the room or not.
*Whether the target is inside the room.
*Whether the target is the farthest/nearest...etc.
*Whether the room is actually on.

Which made so many for loops that I had the FPS (not First Person Shooter; Framerate Per Second.) decrease as I reach 50 characters on the screen (which is highly unacceptable, as 50 is a least number of enemies we can have in a phase of a stage mode.). That results into me having to redo most of the stuff and avoid for loops and checking as much as possible. I am really sorry for all that delay, but I must be done with all that soon.
@Kurogami: A tutorial mode? Maybe something like an interactive how to play mode can precede the story mode (? whatcha think ?)

@vivi: No worries at all. The whole team shall test the game thoroughly for about a week to insure the absence of any bugs.

@Beta & Riq: You're talking about saves? Indeed. And we will see about disabling character choice in the story mode; like every character will be played with according to their role in the story.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by jason007 30th January 2014, 8:02 pm

Everything seems great!XD and I cant wait for the progress coming up soon.
A gamesave will be awesome. About the part  disabling character choice in the story mode, I dont think that will be a good idea, if we do that according to their role in the story. Most of the time, we only get to play luffy, and some other main fighters. But some characters like smoker, nami will have too little chances to fight and use in the stage mode. It will not be fun when u cant play ur favourite character right?
Maybe we can change the character we use in every checkpoint, dunno.

jason007
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 30th January 2014, 8:49 pm

A-MAN wrote:I should've posted some progress today, but due to some built in mechanics in the A-Engine I had to implement, I've got the whole enine very low performance-wise because most of Law's abilities needed iterating and loop on all the object to chec
*Whether Law is inside the room or not.
*Whether the target is inside the room.
*Whether the target is the farthest/nearest...etc.
*Whether the room is actually on.

Which made so many for loops that I had the FPS (not First Person Shooter; Framerate Per Second.) decrease as I reach 50 characters on the screen (which is highly unacceptable, as 50 is a least number of enemies we can have in a phase of a stage mode.). That results into me having to redo most of the stuff and avoid for loops and checking as much as possible. I am really sorry for all that delay, but I must be done with all that soon.
sounds complicated o_0 is it a lag issue or something?

Keep it up though, looking forward to seeing what you can do with Law

jason007 wrote:Everything seems great!XD and I cant wait for the progress coming up soon.
A gamesave will be awesome. About the part  disabling character choice in the story mode, I dont think that will be a good idea, if we do that according to their role in the story. Most of the time, we only get to play luffy, and some other main fighters. But some characters like smoker, nami will have too little chances to fight and use in the stage mode. It will not be fun when u cant play ur favourite character right?
Maybe we can change the character we use in every checkpoint, dunno.
Agreed. Most games have it on the first playthough you have to play as the main character, but on the second playthrough you can choose whoever you like. I mean it would be fun stomping through stage 1 as Fujitora or something
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th January 2014, 9:07 pm

Z-studios wrote:
sounds complicated o_0  is it a lag issue or something?

Keep it up though, looking forward to seeing what you can  do with Law
Well computers are just made to follow orders, so nothing is complicated for them! For instance, here is the check I use for to see if that frame is inside the Room elliptical shape or not:
Code:
[f=61] #Switch self with farthest scan
img=88 delay=0 f_x=-80 f_y=0 f_z=0  center=37,135 goto=~$a$==1&&@facing@==1?~@x_pos@<$d$?61:1000;:~@x_pos@>$d$?61:1000;;
set_rect[|NOEFFECT|GHOSTRECT|STICKYRECT|
x=-10 y=-365  w= 81  h= 510 z=-999 d=2000 hit_frequency=1
x_target=~$a$==1&&((((@x_pos@-$b$)*(@x_pos@-$b$)*10000)/(475*475))+(((@z_pos@-$c$)*(@z_pos@-$c$)*10000)/(-71*-71))<10000)?($d$-@x_pos@)-43:4321;
y_target=~$a$==1&&((((@x_pos@-$b$)*(@x_pos@-$b$)*10000)/(475*475))+(((@z_pos@-$c$)*(@z_pos@-$c$)*10000)/(-71*-71))<10000)?($f$-@y_pos@)+135:4321;
z_target=~$a$==1&&((((@x_pos@-$b$)*(@x_pos@-$b$)*10000)/(475*475))+(((@z_pos@-$c$)*(@z_pos@-$c$)*10000)/(-71*-71))<10000)?$e$-@z_pos@:4321;
success=~$a$==1&&((((@x_pos@-$b$)*(@x_pos@-$b$)*10000)/(475*475))+(((@z_pos@-$c$)*(@z_pos@-$c$)*10000)/(-71*-71))<10000)?62:61;]
[/f]
What is in between the "~" and ";" are conditionals. You can see I had to use a nested conditional for the goto tag ("next:"s equivalent). But with all seriousness, I've got most of Law's A-Files filled with those. I never thought I would need to go this far; I am considering Law as a kind of a challenge for the A-Engine, and my boy should never lose! XD

Oh and not really lagging, but less FPS; Its like the game starts running at 40 FPS and something like that; which makes the game plays slow :/. Managed to stay away from most of the loops, but I had to make stuff more manual and technical. I am doing my best to make Law play as perfect as possible.

Just a note for all developers whom are looking forward for the A-Engine release: That above Frame is a frame from hell which you won't really have to write except in extreme cases. The above frame by itself can be simulated in about 100 frames of LF2's, and I like shortcuts so... XD.

Z-studios wrote:
Agreed.  Most games have it on the first playthough you have to play as the main character, but on the second playthrough you can choose whoever you like.  I mean it would be fun stomping through stage 1 as Fujitora or something
We can do that! Although, for some fights, say like Hody vs Zoro under the water (yea I would really love to have that fight in the game) you shouldn't be allowed to pick devil fruits users. And same applies for different impossible cases in the stages.

Edit: Freaky... I LOVE YAH FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH THE CODE TAGS!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 30th January 2014, 9:38 pm

A-MAN wrote:
We can do that! Although, for some fights, say like Hody vs Zoro under the water (yea I would really love to have that fight in the game) you shouldn't be allowed to pick devil fruits users. And same applies for different impossible cases in the stages.
DF users could be surrounded by a bubble like Luffy was. Idk how hard a personal bubble would be. Also fishmen like Jimbei probaly get boosts for underwater levels Razz
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 30th January 2014, 9:41 pm

Z, so who'm you working on right now? You upgraiding Luffy's sprites or working on Zoro?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 30th January 2014, 10:00 pm

Doflamingo wrote:Z, so who'm you working on right now? You upgraiding Luffy's sprites or working on Zoro?

Luffy and Law. Luffy's storm, elephant gattling, thank you fire are just needed to be cleaned up. Law I'm working on scan but I probally want to redo his basic combo too
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 30th January 2014, 11:18 pm

Elephant gattling? But Luffy already have Grizzly Magnum as Ultimate, so it will be his second Ultimate or you guys just didn't think about it yet?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 30th January 2014, 11:36 pm

Its just another special move I don't think characters should be limited to only one. Grizzy magnum sweeps along the floor, but elephant gattling pounds the ground under you.

Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 31st January 2014, 10:15 am

@A-Man : I mean like training mode where you can practice by yourself or by instructor that will teach you all about the game, about basic control and combo or maybe about all the item in game or something like that
because in my place some of my friend hardly to understand how to play this game
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 31st January 2014, 10:18 am

Yea I see what you mean. Even though the new OPAE will be way easier to play (with the easier input combinations for moves), I will consider having something like that.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 31st January 2014, 12:04 pm

So how does Law gameplay will be like until you have that code problem? O_K

Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next