Rhino.Freak
Doflamingo
Mr.Sh!t
A-MAN
28 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who should I code now?

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_lcap46%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 25 ]
One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 17 ]
One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_lcap22%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 54

Poll closed

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress

Post by pack5642 17th July 2013, 9:05 am

Im pretty sure once A-man has something worth posting he will post, the stuff he has been doin on the A-engine are mostly technical so there is no point in showing anything. as for lf2, all in good time
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress

Post by ofekia123 17th July 2013, 1:49 pm

When updating the game came out?

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 17th July 2013, 2:05 pm

maybe end this july, lol idk
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 17th July 2013, 7:01 pm

I say at the start of August. And about the A-Engine, I am facing some very weird errors (stack overflow? at least that's what they said). Once I am done with that, I will be showing some progress about it. (perhaps a tiny test release where you can beat up some marine soldiers with TS Luffy ;D)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 25th July 2013, 11:28 am

So what's ya doing with game/engine?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th July 2013, 3:57 pm

For 1.8, finished data changing almost everything I need. Waiting for the stage mode plan by Pack, so I can get to code it and release the game.

For the A-Engine: Finished coding multiple tags which I will be showing in a separate thread. Working on the jumping algorithm now.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th July 2013, 4:45 pm

man waiting for it!! awesome progress Very Happy

(sorry for inactivity, my net bleww off, AND HAPPY BDAY A-MAN! sorry for late Sad )
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 29th July 2013, 11:09 pm

Got really excited
hope that it works on windows 8
and hoping from u guys to focus on Shanks for example:
-Houshouko no haki doesn't effect the main chars very much knowning in anime he can easily affect most of them
-add more combos
-add more special attacks

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 12:53 am

masterx1 wrote:Got really excited
hope that it works on windows 8
and hoping from u guys to focus on Shanks for example:
-Houshouko no haki doesn't effect the main chars very much knowning in anime he can easily affect most of them
-add more combos
-add more special attacks
-So how do you want this change to be like? I think stunning the foe for some time is more than enough. I might increase the time of the stunning, but if that is to happen, the it will have to wait till demo 2.0 (using the A-Engine).
-That doesn't explain much. Can you please elaborate on the point?
-Same goes for this.

And when you said "hope it works on windows 8", do you mean that 1.5 didn't work on 8 as well? Incase it did work, then no worries. 1.8 will work on it as well. Otherwise, can you please tell me what happens?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 30th July 2013, 1:09 am

-well for me the you should increase the time of stunning and it's power (that's what i think, others might not share the same view)
-well for shanks (because i loved it *-*) the combo attacks should have at least 5 hits
-don't know why i said it but i think we need other special attacks or just edit the previous ones (for shanks) it special attack take all of time to make the last hit and the enemy easily escape

and for working on windows 8 the 1.5 edition worked perfectly and i was thinking if u changed the engine it might not work, but i think im wrong.

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 1:58 am

masterx1 wrote:-well for me the you should increase the time of stunning and it's power (that's what i think, others might not  share the same view)
-well for shanks (because i loved it *-*) the combo attacks should have at least 5 hits 
-don't know why i said it but i think we need  other special attacks or just edit the previous ones (for shanks) it special attack take all of time to make the last hit and the enemy easily escape 

and for working on windows 8 the 1.5 edition worked perfectly and i was thinking if u changed the engine it might not work, but i think im wrong.
-I will see about that Wink
-He does have lots of combos, but some of them are kind hard to do. Try doing Attack+Attack+Attack, then dash toward the opponent while he is flying and hit him wiht your dash attack (if you managed to land a dash hit, then you will be able to do 2 more). Or try Defend+up+attack+attack then combo with a Defend+Down+Attack.
-Will make it faster just for you XD.

And then A-Engine won't just work on windows 8. or windows in general, but in Linux and Mac as well XD.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 30th July 2013, 6:40 am

yes I guess you should make the gameplay faster by making combos faster and less wait for injury frames please! coz playing online in lags, its a nightmare trust me
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 2:19 pm

Conclusion → A-Engine == Dreamscometrue. Since the A-Engine will be using 60 fps, I will be able to do the conversion such that rather than doubling the delay (wait) values of each frame, it just multiplys it by a 1.5. This will speed up the game play by a factor of 1.5/2 *200 = 150% =D
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 30th July 2013, 2:29 pm

that will be really epic man! does that mean that delay will support decimal values too? like delay 3 will become delay 4.5 ?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 6:26 pm

Rhino.Freak wrote:that will be really epic man! does that mean that delay will support decimal values too? like delay 3 will become delay 4.5 ?
Err a miscalculation. Remember that LF2 uses 30 FPS when the A-Engine will be using 60 FPS. This means that wait:2 == delay=4. The FPS being double means the the speed of the game will increase by 125% when the delay is multiplied by 1.5; 1.5/2=0.75 slower.
Put in mind that wait:0 actually delays 1/30th of a sec; wait:3 delays 4/30th of a second. So doing the operation on wait:3 will return 4*1.5= 6; 6-1 is delay= 5; 6/60th of a second. But operating on wait values such as 0, 2, 4...etc will return a float (a.k.a decimal number). Having a delay value like 0.5/60 which simplifies to 1/120th of a second is obviously impossible because this will require it to wait a 1/120th of a second each frame; and that's double the fps, ergo 120 fps will be required. And so I will allow decimals, but they will be rounded.

tl;dr:
Its impossible for decimals to work perfectly even if I want to, but I guess I will be allowing it to be rounded.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 30th July 2013, 7:05 pm

Its all great news, but what about 1.8? And you told us that progress of A-engine will be showed in other thread.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 7:17 pm

Lool, I am very sorry man. I've been working on the A-Engine for a long time now forgetting what you guys are actually looking for now; 1.8. I tell you what, give me 1 week starting from now, and if 1.8 isn't released by then, feel free to bug me all the way you want. *A-Man puts Dev C++ aside and opens LFStudio* (I really hate giving deadlines, but I guess that's the only thing which will work)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 30th July 2013, 9:23 pm

so, verison 1.8 will Advertising Next week?!

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th July 2013, 11:04 pm

ofekia123 wrote:so, verison 1.8 will Advertising Next week?!
Hopefully, Yes!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 5th August 2013, 10:37 pm

i wait so mutch for this verison .
the 1.8 verison will be advertising this week?
soory about my bad english Wink

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 6th August 2013, 5:01 am

yes hopefully the version will be out Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 6th August 2013, 11:52 am

Maybe even today?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 6th August 2013, 4:43 pm

haha not so soon man.. Razz
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th August 2013, 8:14 pm

Dear Sir, Mr-Doflamingo (and everyone looking forward for the release),
````As we, Team-A, have decided once before that the release date of OPAE 1.8 is going to be August 6th 2013 which maps to today, we have encountered some problems that we will have to postpone the release. A main problem is what is known to everyone to be the "couldn't create art surface error". Few weeks before, I had this wrong assumption that turning the images format from 24-bit to 256 colors would fix this problem, but I wasn't completely right. Changing the sprites depth would obviously reduce the memory usage of the game, BUT it would also destroy their quality. The quality of the new sprites after conversion was tolerable, and so we advanced and started applying that to whatever sprite with no black outlines (mostly balls and effects sprites, as characters have black out lines with RGB values of like (4, 4, 4) which turns during the reduction of the depth of the pixels to a complete black color (0, 0, 0) which is then processed by the game as the color-key showing the sprite without their outlines). I executed the game on my ordinary laptop hoping it would run; crashed 10 dat files before the end; the reduction of the depths of the sprites wasn't enough...

````And so, I thought for long, looking for a solution to the problem. The only solution was to take the sprite grids of the characters and look for the ones whom its' squares is way bigger than the sprite itself and start clipping it down such that the sprite is exactly fitted into each square in order to save memory. That answer was obviously the best, and the most guaranteed-to-work one. However, that was very time consuming, and would've taken forever.. Going on, I had this idea of creating a macro (a small program or a script) that would do all the clipping work for me; But another problem was arisen , I've never ever dealt with "pixel manipulation with pixel arrays" problems in programming before, but I just went on, thinking "there will always be a first time", and started learning that stuff. It was all simple, but there was one thing which drove me crazy, a different type of arrays I had to use known as "ndarrays". Skipping through what was hard with that concept, I finally managed to create the "A-Grid Clipper V1" ! You place your sprite grids in an "input" folder, and specify their "w: h: col: row: "values. The program then divides each grid into squares and starts doing a pixel scan on them looking for the width and height of each sprite by scanning their x (from left to right, and vice-versa) and y (from top to bottom and vice-versa) for non-black values, and subtracting the 2 x values and the 2 y values. After doing all that to all the squares, the program would then create a grid whom its square is equal to the highest width * highest height and place the sprites inside it. The new grid would then be saved into the "output" folder and the process will be repeated for all the grids in the "input" folder!

````Now after the development of the "A-Grid Clipper", I was 100% confident (and I still am) that removing the "couldn't create art surface error" wasn't a dream any more. The dimensions of the grids has pretty much fallen to degrees varying from 70%, to 50% and some of them were even resized to 20% of their original size:
Before:
After:
But then, I had to reposition the centerx's and y's, the opoints, bdys, itrs, and all these to match their new grids. Now imagine what would changing hundreds, no, thousands of these values would be like? It took me about 7 boring hours to just match the ones for Ace!!! The solution again was to implement the ability to even change the dat files along with the grids to the A-Grid Clipper; too lazy to describe how it is going to work. I have already started working on that, and it might take some more time. Just a day ago, I have realized that even if I managed to fix that error, there are still a load of work to do on other stuff including the AI, hexing the exe, adding compatibility for more movelists in the special exe and allow joystick inputs, adding some missing special bdy's for some characters, installing the new bg (which is not yet fixed by dan), adding an Upwards laser move for pacifista and few almost ready air moves for some chars, optimizing the new exe for the new design Yin has prepared ...etc. After saying all this, I would hate to say that this is going to take few more days. Just give us one more week, no, 10 days (as I've got this annual traditional anniversary coming in few days, so I might sorta get busy with it), and I promise, something will be released by then. I will try to get it done in the next 7 days though, and thanks for your patience. And yea, you are free to bug me now (via pm, email, or anything you like) Razz .

Thanks for reading Razz
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 6th August 2013, 8:54 pm

So this week, did not happen?

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th August 2013, 9:35 pm

ofekia123 wrote:So this week, did not happen?
Well, that's another angle to view it from Razz
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 6th August 2013, 9:49 pm

So, I kinda lol'd when I read this, no offense but, you start working on one problem, and you create one program, then its create another problem, and you create another problem for wich you creat another program. When I done reading all of this big post I was like
this:
But, no offtopic. I had a feeling that it won't by anywhere around this week, so its not a problem for me. But great news:
With, decreasing size of each sprite, their weight will decreas what will cause a smaller size of whole game, and thats cool for those who have slow internet or old computers! I think about 25-40% size than how it is now, аm I right?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th August 2013, 9:58 pm

Doflamingo wrote:So, I kinda lol'd when I read this, no offense but, you start working on one problem, and you create one program, then its create another problem, and you create another problem for wich you creat another program. When I done reading all of this big post I was like
this:
But, no offtopic. I had a feeling that it won't by anywhere around this week, so its not a problem for me. But great news:
With, decreasing size of each sprite, their weight will decreas what will cause a smaller size of whole game, and thats cool for those who have slow internet or old computers! I think about 25-40% size than how it is now, аm I right?
Yup, the size will decrease indeed. And I am one of these slow internet users, so that also means less uploading time for me. And lol, it kinda put me in a circle of problems, but it was really the only way around it. And don't worry, I made a promise up there, and I never promise unless I am pretty sure that I can do what I've promised for. And when I do, nothing can stop me from full filling it. I don't even mind staying the whole night of the 10th day trying to get it finished and release it.
So yeah, leave it to me!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 6th August 2013, 9:59 pm

A-MAN, think of all that boring sh*t that you doing with all that centrx and etc as a necessary step to creating something epic! If you resize all that for 1.8 it would stay like this, much more optimized for all next releases! And in the end you would create something as epic or even cooler then LF2/NTSD 2.4!
And almost forgot about one question:
Did A-Team already fix these little centerx/centerz sprite bugs for Luffy and others?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th August 2013, 10:17 pm

Doflamingo wrote:A-MAN, think of all that boring sh*t that you doing with all that centrx and etc as a necessary step to creating something epic! If you resize all that for 1.8 it would stay like this, much more optimized for all next releases! And in the end you would create something as epic or even cooler then LF2/NTSD 2.4!
The centers and these stuff won't be a problem anymore soon. Once I am done with what I am doing now, it will just be a matter of:
Put all the dat files and sprites in the input folder, run the program, go make some tea, come back with everything ready for me. At that point, I will start doing the real stuff and get it release ASAP. Programming can be waaay more useful than you think ;D . And NTSD2.4? This isn't my goal. What I am dying to release right now is One Piece 2.0 (the one which will be using the A-Engine). Then THAT will rise up to the moon! Imagine you playing a Law vs TS Zoro fight. You are playing in Marineford's fullscreened bg where the ground is turned all ice that it is slippery to walk on, Akainu's meteors falling down occasionally to hit the players and destroy the icy ground melting it into water where you can fall into. In the field, there are some buildings where you can actually go on their surface, or even destroy them if you want. Law having the ability to actually cut the players parts such that if he manages to cut you with his devil fruit's ability, you will be cut down into pieces and spread everywhere on the bg. Once you have turned into pieces, you will be given the control of the legs, and you will have to go gather your torso and head back in order to return to normal. All these effects which may sound like a dream now will come true, and in OPAE once the A-Engine is complete XD. That's how awesome the A-Engine will be like XD.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 6th August 2013, 10:29 pm

Hope for it, maaaan. So good luck!
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 7th August 2013, 10:46 am

I trust in A-MAN's epicness and he really can make the best game ever Smile good luck man Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 7th August 2013, 2:22 pm

Can't wait for the demo 1.8 got really excited

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th August 2013, 6:58 pm

ITS FREAKIN' COMPLETE!!! (the new A-Grid Clipper which edits the dat files as well!!!) I just put in the .dat file, and the sprites mentioned in their bmp part, the program does EVERYTHING for me XD. Was thinking about copying the whole content of the data folder, and the whole content of the sprite folder, run the program and go to sleep XD. MAGIC!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 7th August 2013, 7:21 pm

So no more 'couldnt create art surface' error ?
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th August 2013, 7:24 pm

gerafi wrote:So no more 'couldnt create art surface' error ?
YESS! (FINE ME PACK! I DON"T CARE NO MORE XD)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 7th August 2013, 7:27 pm

Now all we need is to make a competition after demo1.8 .
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th August 2013, 7:35 pm

YEA! But this time, we are gonna have competitions on a very deadly survival mode Pack is preparing Twisted Evil (of 50 stages)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 7th August 2013, 9:07 pm

Doflamingo wrote:And almost forgot about one question:
Did A-Team already fix these little centerx/centerz sprite bugs for Luffy and others?
Anyone?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 7th August 2013, 9:41 pm

will be 50 stages?

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th August 2013, 11:02 pm

@Doflamingo: We tried polishing them together. But I don't remember if I installed the results or not. Furthermore, I did some polishing on my own as well, so you can expect better stuff from that point of view.

@ofekia: Lool, not 50 real stages, but they are just survival ones. Something like:
Stage 1: You against 20 marine sword soldiers
Stage 2: You against 30 marine rifle soldiers.
Stage 10: You against 2 Pacifista + 20 marine rifle + 50 marine sword
Stage 30: You against Kizaru + 3 Pacifista + 60 Marine sword
...etc

Its just a stage where you keep fighting simultaneous waves of enemies to see what level you can reach. There will be 4 levels of the classic type where you play them to get the unlock codes.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 8th August 2013, 8:39 pm

lol ok
this is realy get out this week?

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th August 2013, 6:27 am

Yeah Very Happy. You gotta be patient till the next Friday XD.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 9th August 2013, 1:36 pm

Ok thanks, I really look forward to it: D

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 5 Empty Nice Work! :D

Post by GodDx 12th August 2013, 2:26 pm

Very nice A-Man next update is going to be great. I just finished the game now but did not bother to register all this time but finally got around to doing it. Keep up the good work A-Man we all know your trying hard so I don't think anyone will bother you especially since it is coming out Friday.

Thanks again Very Happy.
GodDx
GodDx
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 15th August 2013, 7:12 pm

u said friday the release
can't wait for it

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th August 2013, 7:45 pm

@Dx: Thanks man! I appreciate your time!
@Everyone: I am still on my word. Wait for it!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 15th August 2013, 7:54 pm

there is a trailer for the new release ?

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by ofekia123 15th August 2013, 8:40 pm

this will release tommorow?

ofekia123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th August 2013, 8:52 pm

Trailer? I don't think so.. I mean a trailer is something to be shown sometime before the release of the game. But the game is releasing tomorrow, so all yeah.

@ofekia: Yes. Tomorrow.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next