T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Beta96 20th April 2014, 2:06 pm

Wow pretty neat sprites! Keep it up Z!
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Flash9tk 20th April 2014, 3:56 pm

I'm pretty sure that they already said that you'll be able to tamper with the health and stamina values, right? :S

Great job Z! Smile Is Luffy nearing completion?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 20th April 2014, 4:12 pm

Since people are asking on that point. Yes pretty much everything will be in your control. Currently IN-BATTLE stuff is being worked on more I believe.
Those are just menu options that can be added whenever however Razz

Luffy is near completion EXCEPT G2 and a few moves viz Elephant Gattling etc.. Rest its more than done Imo.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 20th April 2014, 6:41 pm

You guys can make haoshoku no haki have the same effects that One piece Film Z like this:
Spoiler:
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 20th April 2014, 8:14 pm

Well, everything EXCEPT the stamina. The stamina doesn't take much time to fill up anyways. Just about 5 seconds and it is back to full. The reason for why we can not have infinite stamina as an option is because that it plays an important role in the game play mechanics; How you can pull out the most effective combos with the least SP possible. It also does some role in keeping spamming moves and infinite comboing away from the game play in a way that only the really good player are to be considered good. Now I can only imagine what would happen if stamina was to be turned off completely...

I completely understand why you guys want infinite SP cheat so bad. Pretty much because in LF2, moves used up a lot of MP and the MP bar itself required a lot of time to recover which just makes the process of learning and trying moves a bit boring. In the coming OPAE, you are going to see how different this is. The SP bars fill up in an instant and the whole game play speed is considerably faster. One thing I know you guys would be happy to hear is that even if you're low on SP, you can still do a move which requires more SP. A drawback is that if your SP goes negative, the character will go to a fatigue state where you will lose the ability to do any moves, run, or jump for few seconds and then the SP bar will start regenerating again. Lying on the ground won't do any buying time either because you're now vulnerable even when you are.
The RP bar, however, will have some options to modify. (The RP bar is the thing concerning hell moves, transformations, or finishers).

@Lima: The link of the picture is not working for me :/.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 20th April 2014, 9:56 pm

But Law Sp is lower than guys like Zoro that don't have akuma no mi, right, because he said that his Akuma no Mi requires his energy.

The image is here
Spoiler:
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 21st April 2014, 6:46 pm

I think he means in the manga/anime Law says he has to conserve his powers since his DF takes large amounts of energy, so his stamina might be lower than others.

Some more progress with item stuff. With A engine we can do more with the items than LF2 so if anyone has suggestions feel free to say anything.

I know lifting is boring but animation wise putting weight in something takes more trial and error than attacks :/
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 23ll9p1
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2lc3au0

Luffy's heavy lift. Able to pick up boulders, law's spikes, marine's heads, etc.

Think its mostly done, I'll shade it quickly and finish up Law's set
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 21st April 2014, 6:51 pm

Umm marine's head?? XD
The animation makes his head seems quite heavy..well we have to deal with it Razz
I remember with .A files, we can define SP, HP AND RP points differently for each character so that wouldn't be a problem.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 21st April 2014, 7:12 pm

Luffy looks rubbery Very Happy
great job!
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 22nd April 2014, 6:49 pm

Thanks

Took a little break to redo Sabo

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 148opf
better/worse?

not shaded yet but yea, trying to show more of his face and fix his outfit
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 22nd April 2014, 6:53 pm

Haha XD! It looks better now.
And get to the chatbox if you've got time.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by barfix 22nd April 2014, 9:06 pm

Looks great Z! Don't forget to make the scar on the other side of sabo's face.
barfix
barfix
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxlance 22nd April 2014, 9:22 pm

Saw this topic today......Pretty sure dat this game will overtake NTSD.......xD
Maxlance
Maxlance
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 22nd April 2014, 11:55 pm

kk, shaded and added a hint of a scar on the other side

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2uhve5l
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 23rd April 2014, 12:07 am

Looks great as usual Z. Keep up the good work Very Happy

Any plans?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 23rd April 2014, 2:48 am

just messing around, I'll get back to luffy in a moment XD

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2zducnc
dragon claw
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 23rd April 2014, 2:51 am

Well Sabo only show 3 techniques, it doesn't hurt if you make more of Sabo XD
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 23rd April 2014, 3:31 am

lol I might XD Figured Sabo will use most of Ace's moves anyways so he has a pretty decent movepool

few more frames
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 974ffn

Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 23rd April 2014, 4:09 am

Lool, I like where this is going XD. So I suppose with Sabo, you won't have to charge attack to use armament? This can be a good last hit of a basic combo.
I can see that you're in the chatbox now, but I've got school in few minutes therefore I won't be able to log in.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 23rd April 2014, 4:29 am

Well I think all characters with haki will still have to charge their basic combos for haki attacks.  (even doflamingo used haki punches now XD)

Dragon's claw I thought could be >A.  His basic combo I wanted to do something with his pipe for a combo attack.  :p

Sabo'a Attack keys should be set to his haki based attacks while special should be keyed to his fire ones imo.  Also VA should be dragon's breath

blocking out colors and effects..
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 10h3dlh

and suggestions/fixes/etc. plz gimme
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 23rd April 2014, 5:04 am

Damn thats fine! LIke i said.. stance is better, dragon claw seems nice and fluid for now, really cant see any problem in it :/effects are cool tho
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 23rd April 2014, 5:48 am

it really looks amazing, and the thing i love most about z's custom drawn sprites is that not only they look awesome, but, same as the a-engine, it lets you do so much more.
with the normal sprites from opgb or opgb2 you wouldnt have had room for so many moves, but with the custom drawn sprites, not only does it look way better, it also removes the need for there to be sprites, and you dont have to count on different sources.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 23rd April 2014, 1:46 pm

This is why you have such a following Z. You've done one attack for Sabo and everyone loves it like a new chapter of One Piece haha Very Happy

I wanna see where this is gonna be in a year!
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 23rd April 2014, 2:31 pm

Lol yeah... no buttering and stuff but once this game gets known Z you will be approached by bigass companies XD same goes for A-MAN
Flash9tk : cant really notice "1 new message" right? Razz
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 23rd April 2014, 4:03 pm

It's kinda cool how it's so unknown to so many people lol, but when the time comes.. the world will be at your feet. Well really just people that enjoy one piece haha. Off topic Sad

Sorry Rhino. I'm using my phone and I'm way past my data limit. So it's really slow and I don't even bother to browse unless I'm connected via WiFi. I'll check now though! Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 23rd April 2014, 4:33 pm

I really really liked it! Damn dude.. I so wanna code this right now XD. >A it is! The move should have high Strength value to penetrate through defenses. Makes me wanna get back working on the clashing system as well XD. Also, if all the characters will still have to charge for Haki, is Dragon claw going to have a non armamented version as well??

@Others: Super thanks for all your support! I've been working on the moves Z has made plus few new systems to improve gameplay. Z has shown everything there the way they are in the gifs already.
Added "Air resistance" for when player are knocked with strong attack; They will eventually stop before reaching the other end of the stage as a result of air resistance. I did that because attacks which knocks far away were getting annoying with the camera and stuff, and there was no other way to make an attack look strong other than giving it a high knocking distance. Another thing I've been working on is a system which makes a knocked target "float more" at the tip of his parabolic path without actually decreasing gravity. Idea was given by Z, and combos work really sweet with this XD. A 3rd thing I've just finished working on is the camera. Previously, in LF2, you were used to a static camera which can only scroll in the X Axis. Now, The camera can scroll in the Y and the Z axes too. The Y Axis has proved very useful for some attack like Storm (and Elephant Gattling in the future):
Camera following Luffy doing storm to the sky:
Fussen, thank you fire, Snake, Storm and Law's new slash are all in the game now. I've stopped working on the menus since it started to get boring, but I will get back to it in a while.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 23rd April 2014, 5:36 pm

Sabo looks really cool and the Dragon Claw is very nice, the effects are perfect.
Z and A-Man, you guys are awesome, i really want to play this game.
So Law is finished?
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 23rd April 2014, 6:30 pm

Your supporters will only grow! Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 24th April 2014, 1:38 am

Finally, a camera that follow our own character~ Nice!
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 24th April 2014, 10:50 pm

Finally done, sorry it took so long. Not used to drawing Sabo left, shading his outfit took longer than I thought

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 Sabo_dragon_claw_by_z_studios-d7ftln2

thx guys for the feedback :p Gonna try to get more done soon
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPhyrrus 25th April 2014, 12:07 am

Wow, Sabo looks so awesome! Great job Z! Very Happy

@A-Man: Storm looks good in the game! If you fly up that high, though, I think you should make the sky a little more scenic or something. Like on Punk Hazard, maybe add the winter sky in the background like Nami saw when they first got to the island.
DarkPhyrrus
DarkPhyrrus
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 100

http://darkphyrrus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 25th April 2014, 4:15 am

Those animations are clutch lol. Sabo needs to hurry and show some new techniques Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 25th April 2014, 7:24 am

Dragon's Breath?
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2gub39u

and fire gun
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2eefqcl
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th April 2014, 11:10 am

Dragon 's breathe looks cool the way its done yet..nice! And faast damn.
I would like his stance different while shooting fire though (not matters mostly)
Both legs in front and a bit leaned back fire seems great in my mind..
Also his finger seems a bit weird (dont know what exactly)..
+1 man.. :d
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 25th April 2014, 12:18 pm

his finger might be too long. its also too thick, considering its as thick as his arm Smile
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 25th April 2014, 1:38 pm

Dragon breath its nice, but the fire gun, its weird his finger are very big.
but great job Z.

I think that Sabo will fight for real in Dressora and Dressrosa is in the end, so we will see his full power
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 25th April 2014, 7:39 pm

for some reason the finger reminds me of Kaku's nose lol

dragon claw looking amazing. is it possible for this move to work as a grab?
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th April 2014, 9:06 pm

@DarkPhyrrus: Well, the sky looked all blue because no parallax scrolling was done with the mountain. With that, the mountain view shouldn't be moving at all (since it's too far away). Thanks for pointing that out nonetheless!

@Pack: The move is no way supposed to be a grab. It's just some defense breaker cool tackle. You really should start following up with the manga next to the anime. Else, everything will be spoiled for yah =D.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 25th April 2014, 11:19 pm

fixed up fire gun's hand, hopefully it looks better
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2n0n8sp
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 25th April 2014, 11:37 pm

Awesome stuff Z. I'm late to notice, but cool this is what fire looks like now lol
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 26th April 2014, 5:02 am

Loved it! Perhaps Hiken should be a finisher ?(and maybe Dragon's breath too. depends on how you do it). Also, put in mind that we don't want to have any forever going projectiles at all; so that fire should disappear after moving some distance (think 750 px will do?). Moves can get too spammy otherwise.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Superball 26th April 2014, 8:10 pm

I think dragon breath should be a finisher but hiken should be a normal skill.
Also i think its better to have forever going projectiles i wouldnt like the projectile to vanish in thin air most ts characters should have kh so it should not be too spam the only problem is stage mode
Superball
Superball
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 27th April 2014, 6:44 am

Hey yo guys, I think you all are waiting very patiently and that's pretty good so here's a reward, a GIF of gameplay (only 1 move)..
The gif is pretty big itself so please blame your internet if it is loading very slowly Razz
Here's a bit of teaser Razz

Volcano + Storm:

I won't be doing more of these since there soon will be a video trailer.. Enjoy Razz
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th April 2014, 5:06 am

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 2j0eg54
liftin bro
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 29th April 2014, 11:37 am

Cool Sabo Smile
Is he going to be playable character?

and about the camera
what will happen if there's 2 player and 1 AI on the field, will the camera follow character who use special attack like gomu gomu no storm?
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Post by vunguyen97 29th April 2014, 5:01 pm

Sabo is so badass @@. I want to play him and Law as soon as possible TT. And thank you Z-Studio for your work.
@Kurogami: wait, if the camera follow the player's move, the other player wouldn't be able to see their character :-?
vunguyen97
vunguyen97
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 912

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 29th April 2014, 8:22 pm

So cool I can't wait to play the game its so awesome.
nice work. Very Happy 
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 29th April 2014, 8:30 pm

Thx guys, we're doing polish on the characters. Adding a few bits here and there

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 12 Xfszut
shotgun progress, its an extension to pistol
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by barfix 29th April 2014, 9:45 pm

Looks great right now, waiting for more Very Happy
barfix
barfix
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 30th April 2014, 3:46 am

@Kurogami&vunguyen: Yes, Sabo is going to be a playable character. Regarding the Camera, it only follows the human players around. In case there is more than one player, the camera tries its best to share the view. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work right, specially since Storm is going as high as that, so we are going to have a Zooming in and out system.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next