T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by wdkace 11th February 2014, 4:44 am

The fixed one seems much better

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Rhino.Freak 11th February 2014, 4:49 am

foaming isn;t necessary imo..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 11th February 2014, 5:57 am

Your foaming marines are more realistic than the anime lol. They usually have a stiff foaming bubbly bearded looking thing when they fall. Looks great!!
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 11th February 2014, 1:23 pm

I was thinking if A-engine will have automaticly zoom in/out camera, i mean if 1P get separated too far from 2P and there's not enough space to see both of them at the same time(like in lf2 we can only see 1P if 2P get separated to far from 1P) or maybe we can see both of the player by spliting the monitor into two like in One Piece Pirate warrior
well this is not suggestion though, just curious about the camera thing
Sorry if it's hard to understand  Embarassed 
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 11th February 2014, 2:04 pm

That was too much foam 0_o. Are you guys sure it looks alright? Put in mind that there will be tens of these doing that at the same time in the game.

@Kurogami: Cool idea! And definitely possible! Unfortunately, that might still need some work because that will require setting up the width and the height for ALL the sprites in their corresponding frames for the screen to zoom and fit for moves like Grizzly magnum, for instance. I say we're going to have that, but not in the coming release since I am trying to rush that.
And split screen? That's not necessary at all for a beat em up game since all the players on the screen sees the same thing from no different angle.
Thanks for your suggestion!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 11th February 2014, 4:43 pm

^You know, it will be cool if you make Viola character. Viola's power will just zoom out the stage so she can see what is going on in-front or her back.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 11th February 2014, 5:28 pm

well if I make the foam smaller it just makes him look like he has big teeth :/

could do what barfix said and randomize it, I can make animations of them falling backwards too just for variety's sake.

The anime doesn't have mouth foam actually, its only in the manga. Its up to u guys which to use XD

For viola I think its too soon for her. As for now I kinda just see her as a support item character, she dosen't seem too much like a fighter.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by viv11 11th February 2014, 5:43 pm

I was wondering if you could change the timing of getting back into action; currently when a play is attacked, he falls to the ground and then you have to wait some time before you can move again. I was thinking of keeping the long duration only for when the enemy does a special....
viv11
viv11
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 11th February 2014, 5:50 pm

Yea I can have it random.

@viv11: Actually now, you're vulnerable even when you're laying on the ground. However, you can press right or left to have your character recover right away in that direction.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by viv11 11th February 2014, 6:39 pm

@A-MAN Awesome... Have you put a chip in my brain while i was sleeping because you always have a solution to a problem...

P.S Have you got an estimated release date... (Maybe this friday?)
viv11
viv11
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 11th February 2014, 10:02 pm

Z-studios wrote:well if I make the foam smaller it just makes him look like he has big teeth :/

could do what barfix said and randomize it, I can make animations of them falling backwards too just for variety's sake.  

The anime doesn't have mouth foam actually, its only in the manga.  Its up to u guys which to use XD

For viola I think its too soon for her.  As for now I kinda just see her as a support item character, she dosen't seem too much like a fighter.  
it would be pretty awesome to have a few different animations!
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 12th February 2014, 6:43 pm

cannon?

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 X2zy
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 12th February 2014, 6:45 pm

Awesome! Care to explain how is it used? Operated?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 12th February 2014, 7:05 pm

Z-studios wrote:cannon?

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 X2zy
To big, I think. Its only for ship level's, will be a bit stupid to use it in other levels D:
Hope to see some rifleman from Marines. But everything else - 10/10
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 12th February 2014, 7:15 pm

Eh, why too big?   Its a cannon o_0

lol thx, I'll get more of the rifleman soon XD

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 Jru

Put wheels so the enemy can push it into the stage, figured it just fires straight but swordsman can cut up the cannon and such

Any thoughts on how the marine should fire it?
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 12th February 2014, 8:10 pm

Z-studios wrote:Any thoughts on how the marine should fire it?  
Hit it?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 12th February 2014, 9:39 pm

Cool. Maybe add a tiny fuse, so they won't be able to spam it?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 13th February 2014, 12:03 am

if they gonna fight with tactics, is better if they shoot like in manga and anime
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 13th February 2014, 12:53 am

Eh hitting it is too simple, need a animation for it.

How do they do it in the anime manga? The cannons just seem to appear, can't find a proper vid :/

Lighting a fuse might work. should make them reload the cannonball too to make the intervals long enough between shots.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 13th February 2014, 3:02 am

That sounds cool. You're really going all out lol. In the second arc they just lit it with a match, I think. It was back when Buggy was trying to blow up Luffy with the bagi dama
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 13th February 2014, 3:19 am

I think the fuse thing is more logic. You know. I also think they need two people to operate this thing.

The first man, he will open the cannon to refill the cannon ball out of his "pocket" (Mean it suddenly appear so you know, easy for you to sprites and A-man will fast coding that thing :3) and shoot.

The second guy is helping him to move the cannon ball since cannon are very heavy, and also he is the one that give the instruction. Like he giving a sign and said "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" kind of thing.

The cannon should be powerful if we get hit because of how (maybe) the slowness of them to refill and move the cannon. But we can easily destroy it, or dodge it when the second guy giving the command.

Another thing is, if their cannon are destroy by us before they get kill, there are two situation that I would like to see in the game.
-First, when the cannon is destroy, they will be take out their weapons (either sword/rifle)
-Second, when the cannon is destroy, they will run back and take another cannon. Well, if we didn't manage to kill them.

About their movement, they are kinda slow consider the way cannon is freaking heavy.
Their stamina (if they have stamina), it will be like this
- one cannon = whole stamina
- their stamina a.k.a refill the cannon ball are slow

But the weapon should be powerful.

Sorry about lack of english and mess up suggestion since I've been really tired. That is all.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 13th February 2014, 5:06 am

very well done! the cannon seems cool, and the size is great, but, if thats going to be the size make sure there are not more than 5 in the screen at a time! keep it up guys! Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatEmoGuy 13th February 2014, 11:34 am

Just wondering if you can do this.....for fun....Jk...You can add some assist character for some support for the character you are playing as.

Oh and you could add this for counter attack or to defend yourself...

Last edited by ThatEmoGuy on 13th February 2014, 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : For fun)
ThatEmoGuy
ThatEmoGuy
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 13th February 2014, 3:29 pm

I vote a fuse and a match. Here is my idea on how should it work:
There is about 5 cannon balls next to a cannon for refilling it. As Beta has suggested, maybe 2 marines should be there to operate it; one will refill the cannon from the by placing the cannon ball inside and will then rotate/target the cannon before it shoots, while the second will be there to light the fuse with a match. Cannon balls are fast and strong; but they can still be cut by sword attacks or deflected by some moves like Luffy's Fussen. Stamina should not be involved I think; except maybe for when you're holding a cannon ball (or any other weapon), stamina regeneration will freeze.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 13th February 2014, 3:48 pm

So they will rotate? Then it will have to be remade in a 3D way..wouldnt a simple linear directional throw be better? I mean it would be easier to dodge/code/sprite...
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 13th February 2014, 4:53 pm

Hm yea, the animation itself would be long enough, no need for stamina. I like the idea of the marine pointing and directing the cannonball shots, but I think just one might be enough if I'm making him reload from the back....

thx for the suggestions, Ill try a few things out

Rhino.Freak wrote:So they will rotate? Then it will have to be remade in a 3D way..wouldnt a simple linear directional throw be better? I mean it would be easier to dodge/code/sprite...

hm I can make 3 angles. straight, and the other two slightly off to the side. Shouldn't be too hard.

ThatEmoGuy wrote:Just wondering if you can do this.....for fun....Jk...You can add some assist character for some support for the character you are playing as.

Oh and you could add this for counter attack or to defend yourself...

Yup we have den den mushis planned that do exactly that
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 13th February 2014, 4:57 pm

Yeah I see your point. From the coding side you can always leave it to me; no matter how hard it can be. When a real man decides something, he is going to do it as long as it is an element of/belongs to the set R :afro:But now that you've mentioned it, it might require respriting so I think I am  going to give my ideas a flush.
And btw, I really like the way the cannon fires! lol It looks really cartoonish and lively!

Edit: Ninjaed by Z-Studios  Suspect 
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 13th February 2014, 5:27 pm

3 directional would be cool and easy to operate..
...as long as it belongs to set R
LOL!! XD
[offtopic]A-Man : check sprites and such thread Serious [/offtopic]
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 13th February 2014, 10:39 pm

i wonder if we can run this new A-engine OPAE without any problem on low spec PC
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 14th February 2014, 8:16 am

this is the best valentine present ever!! LOL!! I think the cannon can be alittle smaller, just a little little bit, and the it will be great if u add sound effect to those cannon shooting

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 15th February 2014, 10:27 pm

I have thought about defense system:

1. You press D = Normal defend
2. You press DD = DF defend, hold second D button for logia.
3. You press D left/right = rolling dodge defend
4. You press D up/down = haki defend

Not much since Team A have been said this a lot in this thread. Maybe you all from Team A have figured out already. Not much~
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 16th February 2014, 7:32 am

you are pretty much right lol, congratz beta Razz XD
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 16th February 2014, 11:29 am

Cookies? lol

In addition, DF defend will not work for haki user. For example logia user.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 16th February 2014, 1:33 pm

Hey i like Beta's idea about defense system and i think it will be better if OPAE have defense bar maybe it can be glass colored and it can recover quickly, ex: if normal defense guard against armament attack the defense bar will reduce drastically and when it happen the guard will get break, if you do DF/haki defense the defense barr will reduced slowly until you stop the defense
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 16th February 2014, 6:05 pm

Hmph.. first of all, I am really sorry I am not that active here anymore; it has just been a tough week with horrible school scores coming and the school's parents meeting and stuff.
Anyways.. Regarding Beta defending suggestions: It is already in there. Defend+Right/Left, however, can't work because Left and Right when defending changes your facing. Regarding a defense bar; wouldn't really work. We're having 3 bars already, plus these states things I am going to show once I am done with them.
@Kurogami: Don't worry, it should work at 100% speed on any average computer! (a Dual Core processor can do without any single defect in the FPS)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 16th February 2014, 6:16 pm

Well school should come first. Maybe make a time table for this project and studying. It always work Wink

About the defend rolling dodge. Maybe press down first then defend? I don't know how backward and forward should work. Didn't thing about that yet.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 16th February 2014, 9:32 pm

I think we're already using something similar to lf2's roll dodge of run defend.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 17th February 2014, 12:13 am

this game seems to be very complex, but if we had a defence system like that would be amazing and the defence bar, think it's unnecessary, you guys can make colors of warning, like, when the defence is going to break, the character it's envolved with red color or something like that.

it would be nice if we could get away from the oponent with backflips and somersaults.
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 17th February 2014, 11:04 am

I think the summersault stuff will make game complex, not the way it is now Razz

we should have more features of attacking style than defending or dodging, which is currently the deal. and it is pretty good!
We have already 2-3 different way of dodging the attacks, so it wouldn't be really wise to add yet another of that.

The defence break warning is also not necessary imo, however it won't be a bad deal as well, lets see what others say on that! Wink
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 18th February 2014, 1:49 am

No suggestions here. With so many members on the team I'm sure it's all gonna come together great Very Happy

@A-Man: I'm sure school is a pain man
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 18th February 2014, 7:52 am

doflamingo

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 H9my
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 18th February 2014, 8:06 am

Awesome! The fur seems so..furry!! The only thing is its eyes, i mean he wears goggles with a dark tint, it seems white in this one, keep it up! Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 18th February 2014, 8:22 am

Woah! Nice! Umm just my opinion though, his body should be a little bit tall and arm to. Ilike that fur jacket. Overall he look so awesome!
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 18th February 2014, 10:26 pm

Looks great Z, how's Zoro going?
Beta96 wrote:Woah! Nice! Umm just my opinion though, his body should be a little bit tall and arm to. Ilike that fur jacket. Overall he look so awesome!
His height looks just about right. He's 10ft tall after all. Law is a few inches above 6' so Doffy when standing would be just the right height. Smile
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 19th February 2014, 8:59 am

maybe you're right! Because sometimes in the manga he became taller and more taller.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 19th February 2014, 12:57 pm

I checked the wiki lol. You can kinda eye it a bit.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 19th February 2014, 4:02 pm

He looks soo perfect! Awesome job on the shading! His size is such a perfection in my opinion.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 19th February 2014, 5:35 pm

Thanks guys.

I do might have to make him a little taller after all though...

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 7 T4xpv7

fuji WIP. Think he is about the right size, but doflamingo stands much taller than him right?
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 19th February 2014, 6:15 pm

Such awesomeness! I am really starting to worry about spamming this thread with all my useless "AWESOME" posts. I just can't help but post that!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 19th February 2014, 7:35 pm

Awesome....simply awesome. My favorite one piece villain in this style +1

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 1797

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next