T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th May 2014, 5:03 pm

Yes indeed, as long as we have sprites.
punkpirate also joined the team recently, Z is teaching him his ways towards awesomeness (Razz),
and once Engine is 100% done, me and A-MAN will be doing only and only scripting of in-game objects (characters, items, support, whatever XD)
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Beta96 25th May 2014, 5:04 pm

Wait, the engine is already finish?
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th May 2014, 5:13 pm

It's not actually me, Freaky and Z working on this. Mark, Freaky and Punkpirate (a new teammate) has been helping Z with shading sprites. Mark has also been covering for Pack with the sounds since Pack is sorta busy at the moment. He has got us some really cool sounds for the moves which are directly extracted from the anime XP. Well, once the basic Engine stuff are done (or once we release a first release), stuff will go waay faster than now. Whereas we used to release demo's with completely new content (other than characters), this is going to be different. The whole thing will be updated whenever a new character or a new stage is added.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 25th May 2014, 5:20 pm

A-man what i meant was if there could be more than 8 fighters at the same time lol Very Happy
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 25th May 2014, 5:21 pm

A-MAN wrote:It's not actually me, Freaky and Z working on this. Mark, Freaky and Punkpirate (a new teammate) has been helping Z with shading sprites. Mark has also been covering for Pack with the sounds since Pack is sorta busy at the moment. He has got us some really cool sounds for the moves which are directly extracted from the anime XP. Well, once the basic Engine stuff are done (or once we release a first release), stuff will go waay faster than now. Whereas we used to release demo's with completely new content (other than characters), this is going to be different. The whole thing will be updated whenever a new character or a new stage is added.
YES YES YES! Sound is in! Love it! Its main problem for me (apart from joystick work in LF2 xD). 80% of games that have cool sprites and etc. Have no sound so its kinda lost atmosphere of real action in game, just a bunch of dolls kick each others faces. Sound part is still best in NTSD. Hope you will create completed characters (sprites/sound) with as less bugs as it possible. Good luck!
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 25th May 2014, 5:37 pm

@riq: Currently, there can be 10 Human & Com players at once. Grunts when selected, however, gets you to choose a multiple of 10 and they will appear in that number.

@Doflamingo: Thanks =D.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 25th May 2014, 10:34 pm

I was thinking when marine shoots luffy with a rifle can the bullets bounce off? and nice idea
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 26th May 2014, 5:39 am

Yup Luffy will have bullet immunity.  Might make a whole stance for that though to balance it out.  

few quick touch ups
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 30rxojs
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 14bs5rd
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 W9cyt5
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 26th May 2014, 10:06 pm

I'm crying in joy, I know my life just became 1000000000000000X better

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 26th May 2014, 11:11 pm

We have a pretty full moveset for luffy right now, we might leave out grabs for until a later release. However we're still missing a bunch that luffy did in the anime/manga and and any suggestions or inputs about them would be great.  

Gomu Gomu no Rocket (>grab)
Gomu Gomu no Bow Gun  (part of grab move)

Gomu Gomu no Cannon (add on to gattling)

Rubber Rubber Mallet/Hammer (air >A)  The difference between mallet and hammer is that luffy uses hands instead of legs, but its up to you guys which one to use.  They're both pretty much the same move.  

Gomu Gomu no Yari (airVA) *still need to do

Gomu Gomu no Kama/Sickle (part of grab?)
Gomu Gomu no Ogama/Scythe (???)

Gomu Gomu no Kane/Bell (part of grab or counter move?)

Gomu Gomu no Kazaguruma/Windmill (hell move? maybe special attack to grab?)

Gomu Gomu no Tate/Shield (VD?)  Idk what the effect should be.  Luffy used to to block incoming swords in the manga/anime but that might be too specific of a block.  

Gomu Gomu no Ami/Net (I thought this could be the regular grab, while >grab  stretches Luffy's arms out and grabs the nearest person/object

Gomu Gomu no Ikebana/Flower Arrangement (No idea)

Gomu Gomu no Dame Da! (dunno)

Gomu Gomu no Baku Baku (maybe eat whatever food is in front of him?)

Gomu Gomu no Marunoko/buzzsaw (part of grab?)

Gomu Gomu no Boh... He already has haki dodge so idk.  Maybe a special taunt?

Gomu Gomu no Tako/Octopus- could be a funny taunt

Gomu Gomu no Mikata Robo/Human Robot- part of grab move with marines

Gomu Gomu no Ame/Rain- gattling when downwards.  We could just rename air gattling to rain.  It will go diagonally instead of down but I think we can get away with it.  Also we already have stamp gattling which is pretty much the same thing.  (Oda also stated in a trivia that Luffy spits when doing this move to make it 'rain'.  It might be funny to add a spitting aspect to it if you press S or something when doing this move?)

Gomu Gomu no Migawari/Scapegoat- Could be part of a grab move

Gomu Gomu no Pachinko/Slingshot- could be a move when holding an item like a cannonball.  Luffy can have a special throw

Gomu Gomu no Tsuribashi/Bridge- could be a stage only move where luffy stretches across a gap to help ppl across.  Of course most characters can just jump over gaps...but it could just be for fun.  

Mizu/Water Luffy-  The Colosseum has water all around, maybe luffy can drink it and transform?

Giant Balloon- Maybe hold S when charging to balloon and you'll turn into a huge balloon?  Also you can go right into giant pisol by transferring the air into your arm so it could be a combo.  ALso can be the set up to giant jet shell, the ultimate he used against moria?

Gomu Gomu Twin pistol- He does it more in the anime than the manga, but I always like the sound of it.  Idk how it would be though.

Gomu Yo Yo- Anime only, but maybe grab when doing balloon?

edit:
whip progress

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Kbc9ig
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 33xwvww
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 2w3aplw

Last edited by Z-studios on 27th May 2014, 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 27th May 2014, 12:22 am

All i think is a good idea and the water do luffy have to be in the water or will some water fall into is mouth?
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 27th May 2014, 12:23 am

Also in One Piece Grand world do you have the link for the new version(sorry i as here)
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marriks 27th May 2014, 2:41 am

I think most is good except that Windmill maybe be a regular grab attack instead of a hellmove (unless you may add larger grunt enemies..... would it be possible to add Sea kings to the colloseum  Question ) And Kane should also be a grab. Great progress, it all looks very exciting  cheers 
Marriks
Marriks
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Marriks 27th May 2014, 2:44 am

I just realized how weird it would be for the colosseum to have sea kings but it would still be cool  Twisted Evil 
Marriks
Marriks
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 27th May 2014, 5:21 am

Whoa.. Shocked I never knew Luffy has done so many moves Razz

The whip looks promising! Keep it up Very Happy

thunder249265 wrote:All i think is a good idea and the water do luffy have to be in the water or will some water fall into is mouth?

thunder249265 wrote:Also in One Piece Grand world do you have the link for the new version(sorry i as here)

1st Reminder : Please don't double post! Use the One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 I_icon_edit button instead to modify and update your message!

Marriks wrote:I think most is good except that Windmill maybe be a regular grab attack instead of a hellmove (unless you may add larger grunt enemies..... would it be possible to add Sea kings to the colloseum  Question ) And Kane should also be a grab. Great progress, it all looks very exciting  cheers 

Marriks wrote:I just realized how weird it would be for the colosseum to have sea kings but it would still be cool  Twisted Evil 

1st Reminder : Please don't double post! Use the One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 I_icon_edit button instead to modify and update your message!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 27th May 2014, 5:29 am

Whip looks kinda like his leg does a full spin around him (which doesnt make any sense). i think maybe he should change the direction of the momentum in the last second (like you do with a whip- you swing it and turn it back at the last second, unlike something like a sword which you swing to the end) so that it comes back from the other side (that is his front).
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 27th May 2014, 5:38 am

riquelme375 : actually it seems that his leg does a full spin around him, as its a rough sketch and not shaded, once the shades and stuff will be done, you will be able to imagine it 3D-ily..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th May 2014, 4:53 pm

I really loved the last one XD. That can help clear out some of the grunts behind you too Razz.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 27th May 2014, 4:56 pm

Thanks XD

cleaning it up a little
also flail progress
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 2wrffnk
HA YOU"VE GOT CENTRING PROBLEMS Razz~A-MAN
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Playdomano 27th May 2014, 5:37 pm

Oh my god!! It really really look so awesome! I'm crying for playing it right now!
Guys I have three questions.
1. The Haki users could use bososhoku whenever they want? I mean like a stand by player with black arms because of the busoshoku? Running with it, defending and attacking with it with it activated before the action? I don't know if i was clear LOL
2. The characters who doesn't use Haki would't hit logias, right?
3. A logia user lose sp when some try to hit and go throuhg him?
Thanks guys! keep it up
Playdomano
Playdomano
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 27th May 2014, 6:01 pm

1. Yes.. the basic structure for that is holding the key. Attack, normal punch, hold attack, armamented punch
2. Yes
3. Yes

Everything would be balanced according to the game mode you choose while playing and you will have various settings to match how you like too.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th May 2014, 6:09 pm

Here is a detailed version of Freaky's answer:
Ans 1: Well yes whenever they want. And for almost every attack. But there won't be any "haki mode" or something. To activate haki, you simply have to hold the last key in the combination for longer to "charge", but put in mind that it takes some time to charge.

Ans 2: Logia characters will have some sort of a "Logia mode" where the lower bottom change to their element and continuously lose SP (or RP maybe?). In that form, only haki powered moves will work on them.

Ans 3: In the way I stated above. Having it automatic will have it cheap, and since every move uses up some SP, one can simply barrage the opponent with something like gattling until he is out of SP (which will pretty much render him useless) and then do all he wants.

Also, the questions you asked were discussed in an even more detailed manner few pages back in this thread. The Search function of the forum can prove useful for that Wink.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 27th May 2014, 8:24 pm

I dont like making a "useless" post but i cant see flail D:
never mind, i can see it now.

Last edited by riquelme375 on 28th May 2014, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 27th May 2014, 11:38 pm

I wonder if logia user won't lose rp/sp in logia state when they in insane mode. Because in the story it look like they didn't lose energy at all. Or maybe the sp/rp decrease a little.

I hope it used sp though cause I thought rp is not easy to fill the gauge.
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marriks 28th May 2014, 1:40 am

Whats the first logia user that you're planning to make? It would be cool to see Ace.
Marriks
Marriks
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th May 2014, 2:44 am

Story mode the marines will have seastone nets and such so Logia's aren't fully invincible. Also as it goes along and the marines form squads you'll come in contact with marine commanders and cipher pol agents, most would use Haki.

The majority of characters we're planning have haki or some way to hit logia types so hopefully it won't be unbalanced.

First logia type would probably be Sabo, and he'll have most of Ace's moves

More flail, idk does the postioning look better?
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Xgd3cj
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th May 2014, 4:08 am

Well seeing it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXNN5cvycE
I guess when he launches the punch, he should be leaned back forward, not backward.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th May 2014, 4:28 am

I'm trying to vary the pose though since pistol already uses that stance,
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 4sy1dd
Thought it might look more dynamic when throwing out a far out attack, but I could still change it.  

edit:
Whip- Not happy with the ending...going to redo that part completely... Maybe make it more of a snap at the end on his foot?
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 20sakg1

flail-
think I got the movement down, just need to smooth it out mostly.
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Vfusdl
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th May 2014, 11:54 am

i think when luffy loads flail it should not only be covered in armament but it should also keep spinning, not releasing the fist and increasing the damage.
i mean when he holds the flail button.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th May 2014, 2:08 pm

Looking great!
@riq: The move already has an insane range, so it won't have any armament. Holding the A in the combination will "charge" it for more range and damage. The punch, however, will lose momentum the more it travels, so the damage will go down the further the target is.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenachi 28th May 2014, 4:35 pm

Flail is great, you don't need to change it's end stance Wink
But I'm thinking, that spining fist should be quicker.
Kenachi
Kenachi
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 28th May 2014, 4:44 pm

didnt say it yet, but flail looks really good. the pose is perfect imo. well done ^^
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th May 2014, 4:49 pm

yes! that little leg raise in the end did it for me! well done! super smooth and satisfying as usual! ^^
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th May 2014, 10:42 pm

Touching up Punk Hazard, redoing it to implement platforms and other stuff

Just some mock ups, thoughts?
Spoiler:

Also sweating...
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 2i6yv5w
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Marriks 29th May 2014, 1:04 am

Oh yeah i forgot everything was after timeskip, Sabo makes more sense  Laughing Also great work on flail and whip!
Marriks
Marriks
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 29th May 2014, 4:34 am

Looks really exciting XD. I assume the length of the stage is going to be bigger than that? Well at least 400px left and right for people to have more space and especially when someone wants to have some grunts there. Also, consider increasing the ground's z-width (even if it gets bigger than the screen, I've got some awesome z-camera waiting to be used XP) because if we're planning to animate that dragon, then the player will indeed need more z-width to dodge his flames XP.
p.s: how about a lava pool in the left-top corner of the stage?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by dorddd1 29th May 2014, 3:23 pm

Flail looks great.

I don't think the big buildings will fit the gameplay very well. The small objects adds alot though, I love the lake and the fact that you can pick up rocks.
The only thing I would want to change in the map is the ground, its looks like a mirror instead of look as it was made from stone like here:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/132850/one-piece_v67_ch658_by_mangarule/18

Sweating is alright, you're thinking really far Very Happy

keep up the amazing work...! can't wait...

dorddd1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 30th May 2014, 1:28 am

kinda like this?

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 34pyhdg
For the big building I think if you feel like its getting in the way you can just do grizzly magnum to destroy it.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 30th May 2014, 8:55 pm

awesome progress Z
but what about other chars ?

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 31st May 2014, 5:26 pm

Uh thinking about it I should probably work on the marines. A Lot of games neglect their enemy grunts, but beating them up is one of the biggest fun aspects of games. I need to make 'surprised' and 'scared' actions for the grunts too.

Law's sprites I'll need to clean up, his moves are all there but just need some tweeking. He won't look as smooth as luffy but it shouldn't be too much of a problem since his moves are more special abilities rather than psychical attacks.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 1st June 2014, 8:57 am

wow i think the new punk hazard ground is better. To make the map more lively how about the yeti cool brother will jump down from that snowy mountain and randomly appear from above the stage and crack the ground and smash everyone around it, there will be circle shadow on the ground to show where the yeti cool brother will appear
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 1st June 2014, 9:03 am

indeed its awesome.. keep it up Z Very Happy and yeah your ideas on Marines grunts sound cool XD
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 1st June 2014, 12:04 pm

lol thank XD

Oh for the Yeti bros we'll have them in the snowy stage of punk hazard in the future :

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 34qr4gy
flail is done cept for the shading

edit:
shaded

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Dnowhd

Last edited by Z-studios on 2nd June 2014, 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 1st June 2014, 6:27 pm

WOW.
WOW.
it looks really really awesome. great job on this one Z Very Happy
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 2nd June 2014, 11:53 am

Thanks Razz

finished whip too
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 10qgkyt

Think I'll work on the air attacks next
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 2nd June 2014, 1:43 pm

very cool man! the flail looks so smooth especially! Whip is cool too, but a bit laggy for some reason..maybe its the frame rate or it probably needs a few frames in between to smoothen more..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 2nd June 2014, 5:34 pm

rhino, it look just fine...

i like how every island have different stages. ph should have:
outside the lab (law vs smoker), you can have many interaction with this, ex: smiley falling, cool yeti brothers etc.
inside the lab/SAD room
the place which Luffy vs ceaser
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 2nd June 2014, 6:29 pm

Yea I was planning to have the lab all as one big stage so there would be the biscuit room with monet, the lufy vs ceaser place (smilie room I think?), and the SAD room with vergo.  

Also might think it might be cool to do that lake the connects the two parts of the island.  You might have to platform across it maybe.  

@Rhino: I dont want to add too many frames though or the move gets too slow in gameplay.  Which part of the move seems laggy to you?   I might just need to fix the drawing.

Spear- Air down A

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 Qpicua

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 16 16h3hns
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 3rd June 2014, 5:41 am

The ending part seems a bit stiff to me out of all..

And the spear is awesome! Rubbery!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 3rd June 2014, 7:08 am

Looks great. But isn't there a gap between the 2 legs when Luffy does it?
@Freaky: That's probably because the blurry withdraw frames are of the same color of the legs now; as nothing is shaded yet. It's going to look alright in the end. Muchi is quite smooth too IMO XP.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next