Items, status effects and character nature

4 posters

Go down

Items, status effects and character nature Empty Items, status effects and character nature

Post by Kurogami 5th February 2014, 9:09 am

Since A-Engine can do almost anything I think adding more items with variety effects won't hard, this is the list of the items, effects and character nature I hope you aren't get bored reading it

Food
-Rice balls: Recover a short amount of HP
-Takoyaki: Recover a moderate amount of HP
-Meat loaf: Recover a high amount of HP
-Rotten rice Balls: Cause an indigestion
-Rotten takoyaki: Cause an indigestion
-Rotten meat loaf: Cause an indigestion
-Poisoned rice balls: Cause an poisoned effect
-Poisoned takoyaki: Cause an poisoned effect
-Poisoned meat loaf: Cause an poisoned effect
-Bottle of sake: Recover a short amount of MP

Note: Food items will rot after staying for a while without being eaten. Certain character will get special bonus effect ex: Luffy will get higher amount of HP when he eat meat loaf, Zorro will get moderate amount of MP and short amount of HP when he drink bottle of sake

Attack items:
-Bombs: Explode at contact or after a certain amount of time.
-Peppers: Cause the spicy food status.
-Lamps: Upon broken, will spread little flames that cause a burning status.
-Perona den den mushi: Summon perona and perona wiil does attack that will make you depressed using her negative hollow

Status effects
Status effects are caused either by objects found on the battlefield or by certain attacks received by the character:
-Paralysis: You are stunned for a while. Keep pressing on a direction to reduce the paralysis time
-Indigestion: You are stunned for a while and lose HP and mp. Caused by eating rotten food
-Poison: You are constantly losing HP for a certain time
-Frozen: You are stunned for a while and the damage received is doubled
-Burnt: You are constantly losing HP. However, you can pass your burn to an opponent by touching him (and in the opposite you can be burned by touching a burning opponent)
-Hot Food: You can't stop running and guarding for a while
-Electrified:You are sustaining shocks every second, preventing you of doing combos and executing your special and secret attacks ex: law's counter shock
-Confused: Your left and your right are inversed
-Slowed Down: You are running slower for a short while
-Depressed: You can't move for a short while. Caused by Perona
-Constricted: Can't attack nor block for a while

Other items:
-Attack Up: Grant an attack boost for 5 seconds
-Defense Up: Grant a defense boost for 5 seconds.
-Speed Up: Grant a speed boost for 5 seconds
-Speed down: read the slowed down effect

Note: I think if you can pick all of the item and throw it to your friend or opponent would be awesome ex: if you touch the poisoned food you will get poisoned but if you grab it fast enough and throw it to your opponent and your opponent will get poisoned effect

Character Natures
Standard (No devil fruit)
Advantage:
-Damage reduction from falling into water (if in the future OPAE have stage with water)
-Boost items effects increased
Disadvantage:
-None
Superhuman (Paramecia)
Advantage:
-Can break guard after constantly attacking
Disadvantage:
-More damage received from standard type
Elemental (Logia)
Advantage:
-Logia Guard
Disadvantage:
-Logia Guard drain your MP while doing it
Animal (Zoan)
Advantage:
-Have more HP
-Faster at MP recover
Disadvantage:
- Receiving damage make MP recovery slower
- Rage bar take longer time to fill

Some characters also have specific characteristics on top of their nature. Examples:
-Luffy is immune to Hancock Stone Attacks
-Fishmen (Jinbe) doesn't take any damage when falling into water
-Usopp cannot be depressed by Perona's Negative Hollow
-Blackbeard cannot use Logia's abilities even tough he's logia user (Logia Guard)
-Sanji is weaker against women

All suggestion above are based on my own opinion and some of them are from internet, though. Here I just post my suggestion and I hope you will take(at least some) it. I don't mind if you(A-Teams) don't like it
(sorry for all the long post, sorry if the suggestions are already posted and sorry for my English too)
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Items, status effects and character nature Empty Re: Items, status effects and character nature

Post by A-MAN 5th February 2014, 4:08 pm

Lol, thanks for all your suggestions and feedback! You shall indeed see some of what you've suggested in the game!
So, we've been discussing items and foods in the workstation for a while now, and most of what you've suggested seems to agree with a lot of what we had in mind. Food items will be accessible to pick and store in your "pocket" for when you want to eat it or for when you're knocked down. Items we've agreed on include:
Meat: Recovers about 100/500 of health.
Rice: Recovers about 50/500 of health.
Sake: Lowers speed BUT increase attack for a while.
Cotton Candy: Increases the stamina regeneration for a while.
Takoyaki Balls: Recovers Rage points.
Cola: Increases Speed.
We've also planned some stage exclusive items. I liked the idea of the chilli.

Regarding character natures:
Every character should have different characteristics and advantages over others.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Items, status effects and character nature Empty Re: Items, status effects and character nature

Post by Kurogami 5th February 2014, 4:17 pm

woah, finally someone answer my suggestion
how about items with unwanted effect? maybe one item with random effect if you touch it? it will make you paralyze, poisoned, slow down, and maybe defense down ?
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 5th February 2014, 6:52 pm

eh, then what would be the point of getting an item?  Fighting games should be quick, just grab item, get a safe distance, use it to heal.  It should be a simple, shouldn't have to worry about if the food is rotton or poisoned.  Also that would also clutter up the screen with too much different kinds of items.  

Though before I was suggested before that magellean/ceaser could poison food items he goes over to make them useless. That I thought would be cool since it adds to their character and annoy other playes with it.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 6th February 2014, 8:30 am

if you said it would clutter up the screen if there's too much items then how about chest with random effect if you destroy it, I think it would be cool if you can use item to hurt your opponent, maybe it can explode, spreading poisoned gas, paralyzed, burned
ex: if you grab and throw it to your opponent and make your opponent paralyzed and we can take advantage of the paralyzed enemy to use ultimate move on them

Last edited by Kurogami on 6th February 2014, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 6th February 2014, 8:32 am

That would make the battles based more on luck than skill, think about it..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 6th February 2014, 11:15 am

oh that's right I just realized it, you know the idea just pop up by itself so I just directly wrote it and I though it will be cool to have item like that

Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 6th February 2014, 11:18 am

We do have plans similar to a paralyze item already. Its something you pick up and throw that summons foxy and he slows down whatever is in front of him.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 6th February 2014, 11:30 am

is that item only appear on stage mode or what? if it's really true then I think the item will be Foxy Den Den Mushi

off topic: btw Z-san can luffy do teleport move or something like that in OPAE? because in punk hazard arc he always teleport behind his enemy whenever enemy attack
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down