Special Effects

3 posters

Go down

Special Effects Empty Special Effects

Post by Flash9tk 2nd April 2014, 5:19 pm

I lost my net, that's why I'm not as active. Sad Im using my phone now.

Anyway! I wanna suggest special effects when damaged. Similar to the clashing effects that Z wants to add, but it's more of a dust/dirt cloud that appears when thrown, punched or shot away with great force. I know you guys probably already thought about this, but I just wanted to put it out there. Honestly, I think it's environmental effects like these that make their strength more believable.

How was that king punch?! Epic?!! Hahaha it was freaking awesome lol Very Happy:D
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Special Effects Empty Re: Special Effects

Post by A-MAN 2nd April 2014, 6:13 pm

Damn, thanks for reminding me about the clashing effects! I've almost forgot about that!
And lol yeah, animators are doing an AWESOME job with animating this arc! Such effects are indeed possible! And they will be added hopefully as soon as I am done with the character selection/loading mechanism/rest of the game's logic and physics. I remember I once read about something called a "Particle engine", which is basically programmable dust/wind ..etc that can be made into any shape. Developing a particle engine for the A-Engine would be more convenient than mere sprites, which is what I am planning to add later for the engine.

Thanks for your suggestion! +1!!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 3rd April 2014, 1:37 pm

Haha thanks A-Man! King Punch was only the beginning.. the animators really threw people for a loop with the slow pacing at first, but now they're stepping it up! I can't wait till later in the anime! Very Happy

+1 to the particle engine idea!! Because I was thinking along the lines of mere sprites that would end up looking repetitive after a while.. maybe! It sounds so epic. The engine could be used in conjunction with some characters sprited attacks then? Like flying blades, punches, Nami's gust sword etc....to give it more OOMPH lol.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 3rd April 2014, 4:20 pm

As long as particles are not very small, it would be great to use Wink
A live example we can see in NTSD II actually, it has water, dirt, sand particles (a bit big though).. Its kinda realistic feel. Good suggestion Flash! Smile +1
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 4th April 2014, 5:14 am

Ahh, I see. I never really noticed the particles in NTSD II, despite them being so huge haha. Thanks Rhino! Since this is kind of all I can do, I'll try to keep it up at a not hindering pace Very Happy

EDIT: I suggest that everyone play other fighting games for inspiration later on. I played dragon ball advanced adventure recently and it was a pretty awesome 5mb game lol. The devs did great with the sfx and the visuals. Sound is really important and it adds a whole lot to the gameplay. From ambiance, destruction, character interactions etc.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down