T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rhino.Freak
-|Mark975|-
Doflamingo
A-MAN
43 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by Z-studios 31st January 2014, 11:22 pm

Scan, more coming soon

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 Cs1g

20 frames
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by wdkace 1st February 2014, 5:15 am

Z, u rocks!!! Nice work with Law

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 1st February 2014, 5:40 pm

Indeed he does! XD
So, finally managed to semi-fix everything (thought I did, but while I was doing the screenies, I noticed some other trivial thing going wrong Mad... no worries though, they all get fixed after HOURS AND HOURS of debugging, but that's my problem so yea.. XD). What you're going to read isn't really much, as Law did indeed need lots of coding and programming especially for the A-Engine. But I think I've got the most important stuff required for manipulative characters down.
About Law:
Unlike what you're used to in every One Piece game out there; we've tried our best to make Law plays just like in the real Anime/Manga.
Law is totally dependent on his Room. Without his Room, he can't really do much. You're first attack press whether you're running, or walking, in the air or just standing brings out your room. Once you're in the room with an opponent, you can be sure you're gonna make him beg to go easy on you in order for him to leave the Room area Twisted Evil. Pressing attack anywhere outside the Room will have Law recreate his Room at that point; also, knocking out Law will make his Room disappear also.

Rooom! (Attack for when the Room is "off" or when you're out of the Room bounds:

Hit combo (Attack+Attack while inside the Room bounds; should be remade/updated to feature 4 continuous cuts rather than the 2 they are now:
The pressurized air resulted from these cuts can go enough to cover decent ranges. The first cut will cut the target into 2 halfs, while the second will knock them away. Cutting in halfs doesn't cause much damage, but knocking them while they are does.

Run Attack:
"A picture's worth a thousand word"

Counter Shock (Combination:
Probably the only move that doesn't require Room to be on. Not even sure if Luffy should be affected by that or not, but it seems it has something to do with charging the nerves rather than the person itself. (So Luffy shouldn't be immune to that(?))

Paralyzing Arrow Heart Attack (Forward+Attack):
It continues until the room bounds; dependent on the room as well. I don't understand either how it works, but I would guess it has something with doing something with attacking the heart which causes temporary  paralysis. Useful for when the opponent is trying to escape the Room.

Tact (Combination:
Attack with a Spear shaped Rock slab from beneath the nearest opponent (as long as he's inside the Room bounds). It knocks the opponent towards you which opens the way for more combos and opening to Grab His Heart (which I haven't coded yet). I know the Rocks are missing their shadows; forgot to show that Razz. You can also Cut down the rocks to use them as projectiles to launch at opponents. (still need to work that out too. Shouldn't be hard at all now with the new tags and statements I've implemented for the A-Engine B) )

Swap Self with Farthest object (forgot its name XP. Combination:
Mostly used to dodge incoming attacks. Law swaps himself with the farthest object in the Room. (For Z's concern, YES! You can swap yourself with even opponents at air to be the one in the air instead.) As you can see in the screenies, I was easily able to swap my self with Luffy about to launch his attack on me, having Luffy punching on the other side like a retard :trolololol!:.

Just a note, any of what you've seen above (specially the combinations input) might change in the future.
Questions, comments, suggestions..etc will be answered/appreciated/considered..etc.

Next up from my side: Some updates on the new stuff Z has made on Luffy and the rest of the attacks for Law.

P.S: I knew I said the next would be G2 progress, but there has been a change in plans.
[offtopic]School starts again tomorrow =(; More time for plots and flow charts! XD[/offtopic]
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatEmoGuy 1st February 2014, 6:18 pm

Great...
Hoping for more progresses.
I got an idea for the game
Look at this video

If you did watched the video, you would see sonic using his special to run fast.However, instead of sonic outrunning the camera...The camera itself catches on to sonic.
This could be great for characters using attacks to outrun the screen.

Last edited by ThatEmoGuy on 1st February 2014, 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Putting More Info and grammar.)
ThatEmoGuy
ThatEmoGuy
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 2nd February 2014, 12:21 am

A-MAN wrote:
Counter Shock (Combination:
Probably the only move that doesn't require Room to be on. Not even sure if Luffy should be affected by that or not, but it seems it has something to do with charging the nerves rather than the person itself. (So Luffy shouldn't be immune to that(?))

Well counter shock is supposed to be a defibrillator.   It shocks the heart internally.  I had lots of requests before since Luffy does have lighting immunity, but idk...it is internal damage, and Law does have haki to hurt his rubber body.  Up to you really, maybe make a poll?

Oh what about this for the sound effect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzL9VaCzWuk

reversed of course, but I like the charging should effect

A-MAN wrote:
Paralyzing Arrow Heart Attack (Forward+Attack):
It continues until the room bounds; dependent on the room as well. I don't understand either how it works, but I would guess it has something with doing something with attacking the heart which causes temporary  paralysis. Useful for when the opponent is trying to escape the Room.
Nice, its supposed to be his personality switching move here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLawmu70ahw

Seems kind of useless if there isn't another person to switch with though so a stun works XD

A-MAN wrote:
Tact (Combination:
Attack with a Spear shaped Rock slab from beneath the nearest opponent (as long as he's inside the Room bounds). It knocks the opponent towards you which opens the way for more combos and opening to Grab His Heart (which I haven't coded yet). I know the Rocks are missing their shadows; forgot to show that Razz. You can also Cut down the rocks to use them as projectiles to launch at opponents. (still need to work that out too. Shouldn't be hard at all now with the new tags and statements I've implemented for the A-Engine B) )
Shouldn't the rock just knock the opponent upwards though if the rock is moving in an upwards direction?  I like the idea of making the rock knock the opponent toward you but I can make a diagonal rock for that. Just think it might have a weird physics look, plus it might be cheap if it knocks toward you, the attack already instantly appears at the opponents feet already.

Just how many pieces do you think the rock should be cut into?  I can make more pieces, and also maybe that square hole for when Law pushes his fist through to take smoker's heart? Razz

I'll make lifting/throwing/carrying sprites for Law for the rocks asap XD

A-MAN wrote:
Swap Self with Farthest object (forgot its name XP. Combination:
Mostly used to dodge incoming attacks. Law swaps himself with the farthest object in the Room. (For Z's concern, YES! You can swap yourself with even opponents at air to be the one in the air instead.) As you can see in the screenies, I was easily able to swap my self with Luffy about to launch his attack on me, having Luffy punching on the other side like a retard :trolololol!:.
Haha thats awesome, I love that Luffy still does gattling while being teleported and that you can switch in the air too XD

So characters and objects are treated as the same thing?  What about the switching opponent with an object (JA in OPGW)?  It could be used like if the opponent is far away you just switch him with a rock in front of you and hit him with counter shock or something or vise versa where the opponent is running at you and you just switch him with a piece of meat to bring the health item right to you and put your opponent far away so you have time to eat it.  More of an offensive move rather than the defensive that he does when he switches himself with something.  

A-MAN wrote:
Just a note, any of what you've seen above (specially the combinations input) might change in the future.
Questions, comments, suggestions..etc will be answered/appreciated/considered..etc.

Where did you put the move imputs?  I can't seem them lol XD
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 2nd February 2014, 1:55 am

Cool progress. I'm curious as to how strong Law's attacks are gonna be though? He's practically useless outside of his room, and it just seems a tad small since Luffy has that huge grizzly magnum that can change the tide really quickly.

EDIT: Also you guys should check out this thread. I posted a link in the spoiler.
To those who do not read the manga, do not open!! Smile:
Maybe it can be added later though, if it's confirmed and is showed in the anime.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 2nd February 2014, 3:36 am

Flash9tk wrote:Cool progress. I'm curious as to how strong Law's attacks are gonna be though? He's practically useless outside of his room, and it just seems a tad small since Luffy has that huge grizzly magnum that can change the tide really quickly.

EDIT: Also you guys should check out this thread. I posted a link in the spoiler.
To those who do not read the manga, do not open!! :
Maybe it can be added later though, if it's confirmed and is showed in the anime.

Well when Luffy starts up grizzly magnum Law can just switch Luffy with an object and make him miss. Plus Law's attack range in the room is enormous too, despite having not much outside it.

If there are attacks based off his king's haki then the moves could just be keyed as extensions to his normal king's haki attack. No need to hold off on moves to make space. This isn't LF2 where there is limited amount of move space Razz
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey.D.Lima 2nd February 2014, 3:38 am

its fantastic, but i think that counter shock is more powerfull, and i guess you guys have to add smoke too, because when Law does counter shock on Vergo, appears smoke and Vergo seems to be very hurt, i think it should be a strong attack.
none oponent can defend Law cuts when he is using room, right?
i want to see Luffy gear second and some Zoro progress Very Happy 
Monkey.D.Lima
Monkey.D.Lima
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 2nd February 2014, 3:57 am

That's true Z. I doubt Luffy will change his attacks just from supplementing them with king's haki.
I keep forgetting that the A-Engine isn't limited! Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 2nd February 2014, 7:54 am

awesome progress! some images are broken though.. Sad

nothing much I can say so just keep it up, looks good, +1
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 2nd February 2014, 12:30 pm

About the teleport system, does it kinda hard to code? Idk coding stuff, but that took a lot of work and also Idk, kinda hard :3 what if Law had bullet time when do the teleport command? If you guys play gta v or Max Payne, you might know. It's like this:

1. You do the law's teleport commands
2. than bullet time (Slow-motion) begin,
3. You guys can choose for Law to teleport to the food, opponent, or switch opponent and food, or swith Law with the opponent.
4. After the changing has been done, the game has normal speed than it should be.

How's about that? It sound or might be over-powered so I don't care if you don't take this Smile
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 2nd February 2014, 2:18 pm

Z-studios wrote:
Well counter shock is supposed to be a defibrillator.   It shocks the heart internally.  I had lots of requests before since Luffy does have lighting immunity, but idk...it is internal damage, and Law does have haki to hurt his rubber body.  Up to you really, maybe make a poll?

Oh what about this for the sound effect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzL9VaCzWuk

reversed of course, but I like the charging should effect
Yup! Will go with a poll! And thanks for the sound effect! Although I didn't do anything with sounds in the A-Engine yet.

Z-studios wrote:
Nice, its supposed to be his personality switching move here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLawmu70ahw

Seems kind of useless if there isn't another person to switch with though so a stun works XD

Shouldn't the rock just knock the opponent upwards though if the rock is moving in an upwards direction?  I like the idea of making the rock knock the opponent toward you but I can make a diagonal rock for that. Just think it might have a weird physics look, plus it might be cheap if it knocks toward you, the attack already instantly appears at the opponents feet already.

Just how many pieces do you think the rock should be cut into?  I can make more pieces, and also maybe that square hole for when Law pushes his fist through to take smoker's heart? Razz

I'll make lifting/throwing/carrying sprites for Law for the rocks asap XD
OOOOOOOOH!! My bad, I never thought of that 🤦.. I can have it work the way it really should, but how (I mean how should it be like?). According to the video, Law had to stab them all, but that would be harder to do in the game play. I can make the "arrow" paralyze them for sometime waiting for you to stab another, but for how long? A solution would be to have it change hearts for those whom are on a straight line in front of Law.
Regarding Tact: YES! Another diagonal rock should do! Dunno about rocks, but the current 2 or a more piece where the tip is cut longitudinally since you will be using these pieces as projectiles and I think they need to be spiky.

Z-studios wrote:
Haha thats awesome, I love that Luffy still does gattling while being teleported and that you can switch in the air too XD

So characters and objects are treated as the same thing?  What about the switching opponent with an object (JA in OPGW)?  It could be used like if the opponent is far away you just switch him with a rock in front of you and hit him with counter shock or something or vise versa where the opponent is running at you and you just switch him with a piece of meat to bring the health item right to you and put your opponent far away so you have time to eat it.  More of an offensive move rather than the defensive that he does when he switches himself with something.  

Where did you put the move imputs?  I can't seem them lol XD[/quote]
Harness the power of the A-Engine B).
Basically, everything on the screen is an object. It is a character (a living object) when the object get a name and a Hp-Sp-Rp bars, and objects when you disable that. I can even have an object become a dead object or a living one per a frame through these awesome stuff I came up with called Switches. If you are talking about certain moves affecting certain kinds of objects, then I can easily achieve that with another thing I've came up with called "Flags". They work like these special body's you used to have in LF2, but allow even more advanced exceptions without having to touch any of the coordinates or having to have different body's for what so ever. For now, I was planning to have Law have 3 kinds of teleportation moves:
1-Teleport yourself with whatever is the farthest. (whether it is a dead object or a living one. That's the one I showed above).
2-Teleport your nearest to what is farthest (not sure if that thing should be a live or a dead or any. (?) )
3-Teleport food/dead items (including the hearts) to your hand. (?)
Oh and I put the moves inputs in the spoiler titles.

@Flash: Glad you liked it!. What Z has said. Regarding how much attack: I don't think that can be decided now with only incomplete characters. However, I've done something that will make it all easy for me to tweak everyone's over all attack.

Also @Z, how about we have some foods increase Speed, Attack, etc??

Monkey.D.Lima wrote:its fantastic, but i think that counter shock is more powerfull, and i guess you guys have to add smoke too, because when Law does counter shock on Vergo, appears smoke and Vergo seems to be very hurt, i think it should be a strong attack.
Glad you liked it! Damage, Stamina consummation..etc will all be tweaked later. I think Law's cuts should be normally blocked except that they will have a bit extra ordinary Strength value.

Beta96 wrote:About the teleport system, does it kinda hard to code? Idk coding stuff, but that took a lot of work and also Idk, kinda hard :3 what if Law had bullet time when do the teleport command? If you guys play gta v or Max Payne, you might know. It's like this:

3. You guys can choose for Law to teleport to the food, opponent, or switch opponent and food, or swith Law with the opponent.
4. After the changing has been done, the game has normal speed than it should be.

How's about that? It sound or might be over-powered so I don't care if you don't take this Smile
That's gonna slow down (that is spoil) the game play I think. Doesn't work and shouldn't be in a beat em up kind of games. Thanks for you suggestion though!!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 2nd February 2014, 3:58 pm

Beta96 wrote:About the teleport system, does it kinda hard to code? Idk coding stuff, but that took a lot of work and also Idk, kinda hard :3 what if Law had bullet time when do the teleport command? If you guys play gta v or Max Payne, you might know. It's like this:

You think that teleport is hard and suggesting slow-motion? lol That's even harder to code. Regarding all progress - its awesome! Keep it up!
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 2nd February 2014, 8:54 pm

Whats up with the dodge meme? o_0

A-MAN wrote:
OOOOOOOOH!! My bad, I never thought of that 🤦.. I can have it work the way it really should, but how (I mean how should it be like?). According to the video, Law had to stab them all, but that would be harder to do in the game play. I can make the "arrow" paralyze them for sometime waiting for you to stab another, but for how long? A solution would be to have it change hearts for those whom are on a straight line in front of Law.
Hm changing hearts in a straight line is too situational, but I like your idea that the arrow paralyzes/stuns for a brief time until you stab another person to switch. That makes it a simple fairish stun move in 1v1, but in stage mode where there are team battles it'll be a fun OP move XD Maybe just a brief 1/2 second stun?

Idk how you would really tell if it worked on AI opponents though....

A-MAN wrote:
Regarding Tact: YES! Another diagonal rock should do! Dunno about rocks, but the current 2 or a more piece where the tip is cut longitudinally since you will be using these pieces as projectiles and I think they need to be spiky.
Cool I'll make different rock versions and pieces. I know in the fight vs smoker he made like really tall versions too and whatnot. Idk what the input is but if you could somehow control the size/height/direction of the rocks?

A-MAN wrote:
Harness the power of the A-Engine B).
Basically, everything on the screen is an object. It is a character (a living object) when the object get a name and a Hp-Sp-Rp bars, and objects when you disable that. I can even have an object become a dead object or a living one per a frame through these awesome stuff I came up with called Switches. If you are talking about certain moves affecting certain kinds of objects, then I can easily achieve that with another thing I've came up with called "Flags". They work like these special body's you used to have in LF2, but allow even more advanced exceptions without having to touch any of the coordinates or having to have different body's for what so ever. For now, I was planning to have Law have 3 kinds of teleportation moves:
1-Teleport yourself with whatever is the farthest. (whether it is a dead object or a living one. That's the one I showed above).
2-Teleport your nearest to what is farthest (not sure if that thing should be a live or a dead or any. (?) )
3-Teleport food/dead items (including the hearts) to your hand. (?)
Lol thats awesome, the 3 different moves sound good.

A-MAN wrote:
Oh and I put the moves inputs in the spoiler titles.
I see them for a few of the attacks, but don't see it for countershock and teh teleportation moves :/

A-MAN wrote:
Also @Z, how about we have some foods increase Speed, Attack, etc??
That sounds good, just healing health would be boring XD

Monkey.D.Lima wrote:its fantastic, but i think that counter shock is more powerfull, and i guess you guys have to add smoke too, because when Law does counter shock on Vergo, appears smoke and Vergo seems to be very hurt, i think it should be a strong attack.

lol I'll upgrade that countershock move with smoke XD
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 3rd February 2014, 12:34 pm

Hmph.. Too lazy to start quoting, so imma just post XP.
1-Alright then XD! It would still work good on computer players. How do you think an AI that was originally made for a grunt play with Luffy and vice versa? You will find the grunt in Luffy doing nothing but performing his 3 hit combo and running away when he is in danger, while the Luffy in the grunt is trying to pull out combos with his stabs.. That sounds extremely overpowered though.. Maybe one of Law's hell moves?

2-Hmph.. not really sure how. How about making the different shapes appear at random?

3-Alright!

4-Switch self with farthest: Tap defend twice; just like Fussen
Counter Shock: The Special key only. Thought it is also low ranged; just like Luffy's haki punch.
Tact: Hold Forward+Hold Up+ Attack
The originally heart switch move: Forward + Attack
And that was it.

5-Yep!

[offtopic]Such a dodge meme.. Much awesomeness.. We're very fooling around... WOW![/offtopic]
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 3rd February 2014, 4:13 pm

A-MAN wrote:Hmph.. Too lazy to start quoting, so imma just post XP.
1-Alright then XD! It would still work good on computer players. How do you think an AI that was originally made for a grunt play with Luffy and vice versa? You will find the grunt in Luffy doing nothing but performing his 3 hit combo and running away when he is in danger, while the Luffy in the grunt is trying to pull out combos with his stabs.. That sounds extremely overpowered though.. Maybe one of Law's hell moves?
Hm I don't think it should be a hell move. On boss characters it shoulden't work at all. I don't think Law can do it on vergo or doflamingo or he would of done it ages ago. Maybe if its very easily locked and for stronger opponents have a higher priority defending against the move or the stun effect lasts much shorter?

A-MAN wrote:
2-Hmph.. not really sure how. How about making the different shapes appear at random?
Random sounds good

A-MAN wrote:
4-Switch self with farthest: Tap defend twice; just like Fussen
Counter Shock: The Special key only. Thought it is also low ranged; just like Luffy's haki punch.
Tact: Hold Forward+Hold Up+ Attack
The originally heart switch move: Forward + Attack
And that was it.
Sounds good so far. But how about just up attack for tact? Also what about his mes, heart stealing attack?

A-MAN wrote:Such a dodge meme.. Much awesomeness.. We're very fooling around... WOW!
much lol
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 3rd February 2014, 8:11 pm

Say Zoro and Luffy switch bodies, and Zoro gets beat up. Will Luffy take damage after it wears off and will Zoro have the same amount of health if his body wasn't harmed?

such progress, much ideas.. wow lol.

It would be cool if you could make whoever switches with Luffy miss while attacking. Like when Luffy was a kid his pistol sucked.. also depending on who was switched with who, their stronger abilities shouldn't work because it takes knowledge as to how to use it. EX.: Nami in Franky's body couldn't fire the radical beam. I think whoever switches with Chopper should rampage like Franky did, or just be random like you said. Monster point is bound to happen)

It's little details like that that make it epic. It would also be less OP because there would be people who would be hopeless if they switched bodies, and those who you'd fear if they switched. Like someone rampaging in Chopper's body lol or even Ace/Akainu;  intangible and fiery haha. such suggestion.. much  big.. wow!

Sorry lol. Hope you'll consider it!! Smile
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 3rd February 2014, 8:24 pm

Flash9tk wrote:Say Zoro and Luffy switch bodies, and Zoro gets beat up. Will Luffy take damage after it wears off and will Zoro have the same amount of health if his body wasn't harmed?

According to what happen to Chopper after Franky uses chopper's Monster mode (which causes immobility), so i guess it should consider switching health too

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 3rd February 2014, 8:43 pm

Right right. It can get a bit complex. Everything should just be simple when it comes to health values
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 3rd February 2014, 9:54 pm

Well it should just be like ginyu's body switch kinda.  The body retains the damage, so I don't think the health would switch around too.  

Maybe make the switch only last a few seconds to make it not too OP?  

IDK if you should be stuck with completely useless moves if you're switched into another body.  The move is OP enough switching you into another body, but giving you attacks that don't do anything might be over kill, the confusion of getting switching into a character you weren't planning for might be enough. You should be able to counter attack in someone else's body, and it'll prompt more players to get familiar with all characters in case someone does Law's switching personality moves on them.  

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 486
upgraded heart effects to match the anime.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 3rd February 2014, 10:58 pm

Yeah, that makes sense. Since the main point is to just give Law a chance to dish out some damage while others are unsuspecting. Oh, and that suggestion was more for the cpu, so it would be more of a double edged sword for Law since he has a chance to possibly ko someone. Also to sorta show that they aren't in their body, but I guess it just adds on to what A-Man thought of(the random attacks).

The time limit? Hm...I say at least in between 5-10 seconds. Is that too long, or too short??

Cool heart btw! Very Happy

Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 3rd February 2014, 11:57 pm

Thanks, if anyone has any suggestions on what other moves you want me to sprite for Law shoot away... XD

Lol like in a fighting game have you ever chosen a character  you didn't mean to by accident and got stuck with it?  It needs to have that "sh*t I'm not used to this character" feeling :p

Last edited by Z-studios on 4th February 2014, 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 4th February 2014, 1:47 am

Lol then make it long time haha. I just didn't wanna say anything extreme :DI hate that feeling!

Maybe this: https://youtu.be/ysXI5g_2cx0?t=5m12s
Haoshoku and an airborne counter shock. I don't know if you wanna go off of Pirate Warriors 2 because he hasn't used CoC in the manga yet.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 4th February 2014, 2:46 am

The airborne one like him upside down against the yeti bros?  

I'm not sure of Lwa has haoshoku, probaly should wait for the manga to confirm first.

Law still needs that version of tact where he lifts the ship and throws around objects.  Might be too cheap if it affects players though but maybe grunt level characters.  

Also how about if he performs counter shock over a dead player he will revive them with 1 hp?  It'll be very defibrillator like and make Law more like a doctor?

Battlefield Countershock XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwaFELd1ac
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 4th February 2014, 3:13 am

Yeah the airborne counter shock looks bigger than the one he used on Vergo, esp in the pirate warriors gameplay. It was huge.

I think he would've used haoshoku by now if he could willingly, idk. Time will tell.

I was gonna suggest something with tact and ships, but I don't know how that would work. Wait! Is that how the interactive backgrounds would work? Instead of having a "set piece" in the middle of the stage it'll just be in the bg?

Reviving chars would be awesome. Maybe it could just be counter shock that he does on the ground and it prevents people from interfering with the revival?
Sorta like Blanka: https://youtu.be/UOudcmydFOg?t=59s
No major damage but it just pushes players back while he's crouched down reviving whoever.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 4th February 2014, 4:44 am

Well I think the ship would be exclusive to stage or the winter part of punk hazard stage.

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 N204
quick effect test of counter shock revive
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 4th February 2014, 5:27 am

That was really fast man. It looks pretty cool too.

How big do you think the ship would be though? I wonder what he'd even do with it lol
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 4th February 2014, 1:57 pm

@ A-Man : I have a question for you, how many character that can be effected by law's attack inside the room? is it limited or all of the character inside can be attacked at the same time?

I have some suggestions about basic control on the game, look on 03.50 and 06.00 part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38p5JjDaD8
you can do semi hold attack and full hold attack, for example luffy will does galting gun with semi hold attack and does armament galting with full hold attack
and I think you should add counter attack, for example you're as law and you press attack key right after guarding enemy attack and law will do counter shock and paralyze the enemy or maybe luffy can does gomu gomu no ballon as counter attack and bounce all enemy around him
and the last one guard breaking attack I think every character should at least have one guard breaking attack, like you can't guard luffy's elephant gun attack or something like that
well this is just my suggestion and I don't mind if you don't take it
btw AWSOME progress !!! keep up the good work
(Sorry for my bad english)
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 550

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 5th February 2014, 2:22 am

Here's my final suggestion for Law. It's about his tact.
Law using tact against Fujitora's meteor:

@A-Man and Z: Is it possible to have him aim the objects he levitates with the directional keys?

Sorta like this, or no?
Controlling tact:
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 5th February 2014, 5:22 am

Z-studios wrote:Well I think the ship would be exclusive to stage or the winter part of punk hazard stage.

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 N204
quick effect test of counter shock revive

wow, looks really cool and fluid man.. keep it up! does it heal or cause damage? [offtopic]sorry lol I'm not up to date with manga so don't know about Law really XD[/offtopic]

@Flash9tk : I guess the aim suggestion is good, but since the direction keys are only 1 set, if he aims it, its impossible to control him, that means while he aims, he will be vulnerable. and Aiming, will atleast take 4-5 seconds, don't deny it. so people can just knock off Law in that much time.. Lets take a look at what A-MAN says.. hmm

Last edited by Rhino.Freak on 5th February 2014, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 5th February 2014, 5:28 am

@Rhino Freak: Yeah, I thought about that part. A while back Z was joking about how it would be cool to use tact on Fuji's meteors, so I figured if Law can re-direct powerful attacks then maybe he should be vulnerable for a bit? Haha

I'm starting to feel that all of these moves are a little too OP lol
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 5th February 2014, 4:32 pm

About Law ultimate move, is it the big slash that he used to sliced Vergo's body in two?
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 5th February 2014, 6:57 pm

I like the idea of reviving, but I think it should only work for teammates and for once on each character. Also having the heart change attack last only for few seconds is good; I believe 10 seconds would do. However, if it happens that one of the characters who had their hearts change died, the new owner should be the one who dies for all; therefore the living, heart-changed one should continue playing with that body as if it was actually his.

Regarding tact and Flash suggestion: Too complex :/; not coding wise, but the gamepaly-wise (if you still think it would work, then play your arguments and convince me). Maybe different versions of Tact with different directions might work even better. Although I think the 2 we've already planned for are enough (one which knocks the opponent up, and another which knocks them toward your side).

@Kurogami: Didn't really watch the whole video, and so I am not sure if I understand what you mean. If you mean that holding the action button would sort of upgrade the move, then that's exactly what we're having. The mountain cutter is going to be one of Law's hell moves. Put in mind that some characters will have more than one.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 5th February 2014, 7:04 pm

But Flash suggestion is so awesome. Maybe the command should be like this: "arrow key" + "defend/jump" button. It might make the enemy can hurt him, but that move is op! So I like it 80%
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 5th February 2014, 7:06 pm

He means the tact that lifts objects in the air and manipulates them, not the tact that lifts a rock spike off the ground. Law seems to name his moves the same lol.

I like the idea of moving objects around and it would be really fun to redirect meteors.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 5th February 2014, 7:12 pm

OOOH!! I was thinking of an entirely different thing! (was too lazy to read all the posts you guys wrote, so I skimmed and replied XP). I should have it work that way then!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 5th February 2014, 7:56 pm

A-MAN wrote:Although I think the 2 we've already planned for are enough (one which knocks the opponent up, and another which knocks them toward your side).
Haha Law does tend to say "tact" a lot: he either creates creates obstacles or picks up huge stuff. A-Man, I'm sorry.. I lied. I have another suggestion lol. During tact while lifting an object in the air, Law should be able to attack it. Not other characters, but the object and only that.

Like the same way he cuts his spikes in half. So you'll have the option to destroy it or manipulate it. This sounds really ridiculous to code.

My bad. I'm just voicing stuff I'm not cut out to create yet myself XD
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 5th February 2014, 8:17 pm

This is really awesome, though I would prefer law doesn't use room the second he attacks that would make him OP someone could just spam a long range sword slash. Tact is just 1 move that moves many things, but I do agree that it looks like hes using many moves with the same name instead of spamming the same move in different ways.

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 1797

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 5th February 2014, 11:46 pm

lol yea we need to rename a few things in the moveset, any ideas? He uses "shambles" as his teleport, switching items, and scrambling items too.

What about doing tact once will lift all objects in the air and they'll hover for a few seconds. Doing it again will throw all objects at the nearest opponent?

Oh I had attempted to do this in opgw but didn't really work out
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 Xcz0

When two characters attack they cancel out the attack and stagger for a second. It'll make a simple clash system and it'll add another layer to gameplay so that you don't just have to dodge or evade but face attacks head on too. I just kinda treated the frames of attack as defend points effects too in my version, dunno if it'll work the same.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 6th February 2014, 12:27 am

would be cool, but can the a engine do that without making things look crappy Ex: stopping luffy's grizzly magnum with a regular pistol

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 6th February 2014, 12:31 am

Nah, grizzly magnum will just blow through pistol. I think its strong enough to auto break all defend.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMOS 6th February 2014, 12:52 am

thats not what I meant...I meant that will the a engine tell the difference between what is stronger and make attacks with certain level of power cancel each other out instead of someone using a weak move to cancel a strong move

ULTIMOS
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 6th February 2014, 1:29 am

@Z-Studious: Whatever is less tedious man. Smile Yeah the objects that Law used tact on never really landed. Even when I tossed stuff at Luffy and actually hit, he took no damage or even flinched haha.

I was gonna suggest clashing lol. They've been doing it so much in the manga.. it looks cool! Are the effects gonna be more intense the stronger the move?
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 6th February 2014, 3:26 am

Thats just defense values, its very basic.  Even LF2 has it, so I'm retty sure the A engine can handle it easily enough

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 X26z
can't figure which works better, two handed swordsman or single handed

marine sketches, brawler, rifleman, swordsman

lol yea it was hard to aim in my version, it might be more simple to make it automatic home in on the opponent to work better maybe XD

Yea especially in the latest chapter I really want to make some clashing effects XD  I don't think you need to make the whole mash A to win a clash, but just having the clash itself would be cool enough.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 6th February 2014, 3:36 am

i think the 2 handed marines are better, are they gonna have only their slash and then leaping slash move? or are they gonna be more complex? itll depend on what they are meant to do.

looking forward to your clashing effects Z XD
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 6th February 2014, 3:46 am

Awesome looking marines man!! Yeah, I don't care for mashing A to win. Just the clash for the sake of clashing XD THat last chapter omg.. I loved it!

Goodbye Gigant Battle Sprites!! lol
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 6th February 2014, 6:02 am

Two hand are better than one. lol. This is for the marine's sprites.

I think hell moves are just gonna clash with hell move.
Hell moves = Hell moves
Hell moves > Normal moves
Normal moves = Normal moves.

Anyway Z, for the Conquer haki, when Luffy uses that, the others will fall. Not like other version where we use haki, than they look like they just got punch really hard. You get what I mean?
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 6th February 2014, 6:30 am

the sprites look awesome!
although zoro should use santoryuu ._.
maybe zoro will have a system like law's room:
you start with ittoryuu. put in a certain button combination.
then you get nittoryuu. put in the button combination again.
and you get santoryuu.
my idea is basically having an "unsheathe" button for zoro, to make him fight with a few different sword styles.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurogami 6th February 2014, 8:37 am

where is zorro's face? or it's not finish yet?
I think marine with two handed sword will be cooler

@A-Man: how about the guard breaking and counter attack? i think most of fighting game has it
Kurogami
Kurogami
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 6th February 2014, 10:52 am

Zoro usually fights with 2 swords until he gets serious and takes his shirt off and puts the sword in his mouth (sounds dirty)

I was getting zoro's size right fist before I put his face back in, just getting him the 'buff' look first

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 5 Tcba
more sketches. I need to practice more before I get quicker and start sheeting him. Anyways just drinking and reading a newspaper, could be funny in stage mode where they aren't paying attention.

Beta96 wrote:
Anyway Z, for the Conquer haki, when Luffy uses that, the others will fall. Not like other version where we use haki, than they look like they just got punch really hard. You get what I mean?
When they foam at the mouth and pass out? Working on that now
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next