thunder249265
CobraPatin
Seifdeen9
viv11
danilopp
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release

Post by Key2Lite 16th January 2015, 2:30 am

Yeah, Luffy can backflip, I tried. One thing though, it seems like Luffy can press attack to get up quick but Sanji can't.
Key2Lite
Key2Lite
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 295

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release

Post by thunder249265 16th January 2015, 3:39 am

My computer is a window 7 will it stay slow and white some icons until I get something better or can he fix it?
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 16th January 2015, 5:20 am

@key2lite: I really appreciate your willingness to promote the game on other sites, but it's very unfair to state that this game was made by me. The game's created by team-A; as in a group work. Can you please change that?
lol, and also, I didn't use ad.fly to keep track of the downloads (I used bit.ly, but then I updated the thread with a direct link). Forumotion uses that for any download link one posts.

Luffy can do back flips: back + JJ
Sanji can do forward flips: forward + JJ

@thunder&ciclun: I am very sorry to see that happening to you. But don't worry, there is still a lot of room for optimizations I can do, so the game should just get faster from now on. Still, I would appreciate it if you guys would tell me your computer specs.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 16th January 2015, 11:30 am

Sanji: If you in air you can press DD and just fly with it and it not consume you SP

Can you do some Invisible Bar of special ability to the character like cooldown bar or something like what i said with sanji not happen again

Or you do a Air-High cap for characters Who can fly(training dummy would don't have this cap)
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1631

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 16th January 2015, 12:49 pm

Key2Lite wrote:Yeah, Luffy can backflip, I tried. One thing though, it seems like Luffy can press attack to get up quick but Sanji can't.
Thanks. I had no idea. Maybe Sanji's is  jump or defend.. since they have different inputs.

vaoy22 wrote:Sanji: If you in air you can press DD and just fly with it and it not consume you SP

Can you do some Invisible Bar of special ability to the character like cooldown bar or something like what i said with sanji not happen again

Or you do a Air-High cap for characters Who can fly(training dummy would don't have this cap)
Sanji can also do the same with his ^ + A. I don't know if it's intentional because he has skywalk, but I don't really see it being disadvantageous right now. It would only help with airborne enemies.

@A-Man: Really smooth alpha. Even with 8gb's ram, quad core 1.9ghz cpu etc I still get random crashes with the dummy.
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 16th January 2015, 4:06 pm

Flash9tk wrote:
Key2Lite wrote:Yeah, Luffy can backflip, I tried. One thing though, it seems like Luffy can press attack to get up quick but Sanji can't.
Thanks. I had no idea. Maybe Sanji's is  jump or defend.. since they have different inputs.

vaoy22 wrote:Sanji: If you in air you can press DD and just fly with it and it not consume you SP

Sanji can also do the same with his ^ + A. I don't know if it's intentional because he has skywalk, but I don't really see it being disadvantageous right now. It would only help with airborne enemies.

@A-Man: Really smooth alpha. Even with 8gb's ram, quad core 1.9ghz cpu etc I still get random crashes with the dummy.
Sky Walk cost Stamina Point's And the "roll in air" not
A-Team maybe you call it RIA(Roll in air)
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 16th January 2015, 5:46 pm

For the next uptdate can you add a move list Boogie it'll help sooo much !!
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 561

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 16th January 2015, 5:56 pm

I have a text novelist with me, when the next version is up I'll add it in. Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 16th January 2015, 7:22 pm

This is the Progress third too?
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 16th January 2015, 9:20 pm

Another bug (I think) the game crash when I start de Gear second... all times
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 16th January 2015, 10:14 pm

How do you use second gear? Also will the next update make the game go faster?
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 16th January 2015, 11:15 pm

thunder249265 wrote:How do you use second gear? Also will the next update make the game go faster?
, I dont think the reason the game run slow is cause by the game, instead is because of your computer specs. I have a feeling if they have to make sure the game also run well in low specs computers, they will have to lower the quality of the game too, which no one will be happy. I think they should try to make minimum requirements list, so it will be a way for you to upgrade your computer specs or...

PS. Im not trying to disappoint you, but this is normally how games development goes. People wants to play the game, but game developers can't lower the quality if they want the players to enjoy the game like it suppose to be.

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 16th January 2015, 11:38 pm

Its OK I understand thank you but one more question can't you just put in option a quaily thing so they can keep it and I can lower it for me only I don't wish to make the others upset
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 16th January 2015, 11:44 pm

thunder249265 wrote:How do you use second gear? Also will the next update make the game go faster?
Gear snd = attack + special (consecutively, that's mean, press attack first and press special just before very quickly Smile but that doesn't work for me)
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Key2Lite 17th January 2015, 12:22 am

I made a different reddit post, and it actually became popular this time. I guess the awesome sprites attracted them: http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/2snwb3/one_piece_aedition_game_dev_sprite_gifs/
Key2Lite
Key2Lite
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 17th January 2015, 3:41 pm

Do not worry, please @thunder. As I've mentioned before, there is still room for A LOT of improvements I can do, mainly:
-The collision detection code; this is the process which takes up the most time. In fact, it was the sole reason I remove the stage's buildings and platforms the last second before release. I am optimizing on it at the moment, and the new algorithm is much better that it might deliver about 700% of performance boost in that process.
-The rendering functions I used: Anyone who has used OpenGL can tell how slow glBegin and glEnd are. I used those, but I am gonna switch to more modern approaches soon.

Also, the current version is running 60 FPS. I might as well add a setting where one can lower that to a 30 (there isn't that much difference in smoothness tbh), and that by itself will allow the game to run twice as fast, if it runs slow on your computer that is.

All these optimizations will be added gradually though, so don't expect the next release to suddenly run at full speed on your computer. (And btw, I am very interested in the specs. Can I know them?)

Gear second is not ready yet too.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 17th January 2015, 6:12 pm

Oooook so the gear second isn't reday yet, so that's mean the Diable Jambe too, that's why I can't use it :p
I've a little bug about the marines, I don't know if an other player report it but there is a kind of green square around them, Look :One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Bug_zps739963b6
(THE HAKI IS AWESOME !!!!!!!)
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 17th January 2015, 6:40 pm

The marine thing happened to me too i think.
It happened with SOMEONE, that's for sure Razz

Also im not exactly sure how to:
1. Add more than one marine.
2. Choose in which team a player or ai is.
3. Open settings (if possible).
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 17th January 2015, 7:00 pm

riquelme375 wrote:The marine thing happened to me too i think.

I)
If you want add more than 1 marine, you just have to :
1. Chose your fighter
2. Chose the black circle "+COM"
3. Chose th marine logo at the right of the black circle
4. Do it again, and again, and again...

II)
I think you can't put an IA in an other team, but when you join the game with the control of the 2nd player (for exemple) that's change automaticly the team

III)
there is an option for the setting but you can just change the control of the players for the moment... (Hope I've said any Bullsh*t Boogie')
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 18th January 2015, 6:34 am

Seifdeen9 wrote:
riquelme375 wrote:The marine thing happened to me too i think.

I)
If you want add more than 1 marine, you just have to :
1. Chose your fighter
2. Chose the black circle "+COM"
3. Chose th marine logo at the right of the black circle
4. Do it again, and again, and again...

II)
I think you can't put an IA in an other team, but when you join the game with the control of the 2nd player (for exemple) that's change automaticly the team

III)
there is an option for the setting but you can just change the control of the players for the moment... (Hope I've said any Bullsh*t Boogie')

1) Yeah, i did that, but they said once that you'll be able to add up to 15 marines in each spot.
2) Not sure what you mean, but it seems to put everyone against each other.
3) Not sure what you mean here as well Razz
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 18th January 2015, 7:17 am

- The team system was removed so everyone is independent as of now
- Battle settings don't exist for now. They will be added later, you can choose music or whatever options there.

I haven't really fought with Marine yet because it is in fact incomplete and buggy so I might be wrong but I think that the hoard feature for marine grunts isn't implemented yet.

The green line bug will be removed later, not a big deal Smile
They are just reference lines for adding sprites in sheet.
Same is the case with the '15' appearing sanji's kick.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 18th January 2015, 1:51 pm

Some idea

One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Idea_for_character_versus_seletion_screen

If You Didn't understand something just say Smile
Note: Zoom Out all your screen to see the pictures or you want i just send the file...
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 18th January 2015, 2:07 pm

Seems like a nice idea vaoy Razz
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by chikolocko 18th January 2015, 2:20 pm

hey A-Man now that sabo hs the devil fruit of ace,is that mean that when u put him in the game u will give him all aces abilities and if so will ace be on the game?

chikolocko
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by Key2Lite 18th January 2015, 3:25 pm

It's been said before that Sabo will have most of Ace's moves, and that they' might put in Ace but they're not sure because they're focusing on timeskip characters.
Key2Lite
Key2Lite
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by chikolocko 18th January 2015, 5:29 pm

so ace might not be,but sabo will surely be on the game?

chikolocko
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder249265 18th January 2015, 5:34 pm

Ace is gone....but if they doing time skip would it be weird if ace was in it because as u guys said sabo got his power.(rest in peace ace)
thunder249265
thunder249265
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 19th January 2015, 8:04 pm

some idea, not for now I know but it's more fun with different game mode :3 cause in LF2 you can do anything after finished the adventure mod (exept versus mod, do it... again and again...) so tell me what you think about that ?! (the mod that I've used it's just an exemples, you can change King of the hill by race mod or anything you wants)
One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Idea10
Let me explain Smile :
Simple: just fight, 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, 3 vs 1 ect...
King of th Hill : In the map (for exemple the sunny) there is a place (for exemple the middle) and you have to stay in this place for win so you have to boot the character who is staying and he have to do the same when you're on it Smile ( PS: little idea for the sunny's map, I've imagined the sunny with a super smash bros system looking like, if you fall in the water you die)
and Boss VS: I hope in the Adventure mod it'll have many "Big Boss" like Moria or the Oz zombie for exemple (forgot his name :p) so in this mod you can fight against them (after beat him in the adventure as well...
This Idea is for the complet version of the game, I hope the idea will grow up his life time  Very Happy
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 20th January 2015, 1:15 pm

Seifdeen9 wrote:some idea, not for now I know but it's more fun with different game mode :3 cause in LF2 you can do anything after finished the adventure mod (exept versus mod, do it... again and again...) so tell me what you think about that ?! (the mod that I've used it's just an exemples, you can change King of the hill by race mod or anything you wants)
One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Idea10
Let me explain Smile :
Simple: just fight, 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, 3 vs 1 ect...
King of th Hill : In the map (for exemple the sunny) there is a place (for exemple the middle) and you have to stay in this place for win so you have to boot the character who is staying and he have to do the same when you're on it Smile ( PS: little idea for the sunny's map, I've imagined the sunny with a super smash bros system looking like, if you fall in the water you die)
and Boss VS: I hope in the Adventure mod it'll have many "Big Boss" like Moria or the Oz zombie for exemple (forgot his name :p) so in this mod you can fight against them (after beat him in the adventure as well...
This Idea is for the complet version of the game, I hope the idea will grow up his life time  Very Happy
Good Idea!
Add Tournament Too Razz
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 21st January 2015, 2:45 pm

vaoy22 wrote:Some idea

One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Idea_for_character_versus_seletion_screen

Note: Zoom Out all your screen to see the pictures or you want i just send the file...
your idea is realy good but I think the team select gonna be like this :
http://sta.sh/0ot21xoec80
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 21st January 2015, 7:15 pm

Seifdeen9 wrote:
vaoy22 wrote:Some idea

your idea is realy good but I think the team select gonna be like this :
http://sta.sh/0ot21xoec80
How do you Find It i didn't see it in his deviantart
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator 24th January 2015, 11:16 am

Running at 3-4 frame rates. Ran with the 800x600 EXE. Didn't dare to run at full screen afterwards. XD
Nonetheless, GREAT POTENTIAL!!

Keep at it A's! Smile

My pc specs would be:
Windows 8.1 Pro 32 Bit
3.1 GHZ Single Core
3GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB

The Creator
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 24th January 2015, 6:53 pm

Hey someone?

I'm here! lol

ok so i think should be a Resolution\Quality(I forget The word:()Options and You can change the Quality(Again .. I forget The word)And The resolution .    Smile
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Key2Lite 24th January 2015, 6:56 pm

@vaoy22
A-MAN wrote:Do not worry, please @thunder. As I've mentioned before, there is still room for A LOT of improvements I can do, mainly:
-The collision detection code; this is the process which takes up the most time. In fact, it was the sole reason I remove the stage's buildings and platforms the last second before release. I am optimizing on it at the moment, and the new algorithm is much better that it might deliver about 700% of performance boost in that process.
-The rendering functions I used: Anyone who has used OpenGL can tell how slow glBegin and glEnd are. I used those, but I am gonna switch to more modern approaches soon.

Also, the current version is running 60 FPS. I might as well add a setting where one can lower that to a 30 (there isn't that much difference in smoothness tbh), and that by itself will allow the game to run twice as fast, if it runs slow on your computer that is.

All these optimizations will be added gradually though, so don't expect the next release to suddenly run at full speed on your computer. (And btw, I am very interested in the specs. Can I know them?)

Key2Lite
Key2Lite
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha 0.1 Release - Page 2 Empty Forgotten Out.

Post by vaoy22 24th January 2015, 7:10 pm

Key2Lite wrote:@vaoy22
A-MAN wrote:Do not worry, please @thunder. As I've mentioned before, there is still room for A LOT of improvements I can do, mainly:

Ohh I Forget it about . . . . . . . . 

Last edited by vaoy22 on 24th January 2015, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Little spamming :P sorry)
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by azazazaz 13th February 2015, 1:55 pm

can you reupload please cuz i can't download it

azazazaz
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 13th February 2015, 2:31 pm

azazazaz wrote:can you reupload please cuz i can't download it

Just checked, the link is fine and working.
What problem are you facing?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by DyllanTheDrawer 20th February 2015, 8:17 pm

everytime i try to play mine crashes Sad
DyllanTheDrawer
DyllanTheDrawer
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 21st February 2015, 4:09 am

Dyllan, law crashes the game automatically, so that might be the case.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 22nd February 2015, 2:21 am

Still no joystick support~
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 3rd March 2015, 8:19 am

So the A engine is going well, i see. While you guys releasing the engine, will us be able to get a trailer of the next game release? or it will most likely be release during summer?

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by chikolocko 3rd March 2015, 7:54 pm

Well i got a question i dont know if anyone asked it already but its kinda important i think...
as the game keep in progress u can tell by yourself that it might take mabey 3 or 4 years to get the full version in the way u keep going(im not trying to rush u,take ur time i know u have life too) but as the time will pass as the characters will get diffrent in the anime i mean mabey luffy will get some more abilities in this time so u cant be sure that luffy is already 100% done and probably also some new characters will come in this time so the game u are now see the way it should go may be a little bit bigger than u think. any episode,another cool character can get to the anime and ofc all the fans will want him to be in the game.
so my point is will u keep updating the game as the manga in progress,or u are focusing at the correct situaition and will do the characters that are in the manga now?

chikolocko
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 3rd March 2015, 7:56 pm

The A-Engine is going great, and it should be released soon as announced in the header. As for the next game release; I was thinking a fix to the game's current problems is crucial, but Z thought  we could try getting some Zoro in too. He didn't get back working on him yet because he's been busy with work, but we all know (and look up to) what's going to happen when he does; A Z-new assets rampage Razz.

Can't say anything about a release date.

Edit: Yes, definitely. We plan to keep updating wherever we could.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSenSei 11th March 2015, 1:20 pm

Can't Download the Game! Sad

EDIT: I finaly Download the game Very Happy

RedSenSei
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by maga05rus 18th March 2015, 11:44 am

game will come out on March 20 Question

maga05rus
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 18th March 2015, 1:50 pm

That is the engine that will come out. By which you can make your own game like this.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by chikolocko 23rd March 2015, 4:48 pm

well so the time has come(3 days ago) i get it that u guys has life and u are not focusing on doing this game and u do that only at your free time and for fun or so,but do u bave any idea when will u release the 0.1 game and give detailes about it?

chikolocko
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 23rd March 2015, 5:17 pm

There is a common misconception with many people here so let me try to make it clear.

The announcement in Green informs about the release of A-Engine NOT OnePiece A-Edition. They are different things.
A-Engine is a gaming engine for developers so they can create their own games with it like we are making OPAE.
Once it releases we will provide with many tutorials for beginners too so that they are able to get coding if they want.

It was supposed to be out on 20th March but for some reasons like bugs and some current events going on, A-MAN had to delay it, expect it near the end of month.

About OPAE Progress: There isn't much to show at the moment, we aim to get working on it with the same old pace after the Engine is out for public use, hope you all understand.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 18th April 2015, 1:36 am

So project died?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by Key2Lite 18th April 2015, 1:37 am

No, they moved to this forum: http://opae.a-superlab.com/forum/index.php
Key2Lite
Key2Lite
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next