Smartness from anime/manga

3 posters

Go down

Smartness from anime/manga Empty Smartness from anime/manga

Post by viv11 20th January 2014, 10:07 pm

I was wondering if characters have their difficulty in stage based on their smartness in the actual anime/manga.

( I'm only at the part where whitebeard is saving ace) but it can be seen, that if Ussop was there, then he would have been completely pointless against the admirals but would have been really good at taking out foot marines. But someone like Hawkeye who is No.1 swordsman would be very experienced and so would have been able to take out the main captains of whitebeard.

So i believe that you should jazz up the stage mode with smartness of the char in anime/manga,(and maybe in single player as well..)

Sorry if I've explained it badly...

Another question, has the AI improved in A-engine...
viv11
viv11
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 188

Back to top Go down

Smartness from anime/manga Empty Re: Smartness from anime/manga

Post by -|Mark975|- 20th January 2014, 11:09 pm

True but that part where Whitebeard is saving Ace is pre time skip the game is basing off the time skip (2 years ahead).
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

-|Mark975|- : Team A Spriter and Designer
Bellies Bellies : 16023

Back to top Go down

Post by viv11 21st January 2014, 8:13 am

Well, I was just giving an example...

You could also base it off the time skip...
viv11
viv11
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 21st January 2014, 8:18 am

Yeah no I'm not saying its a bad idea don't take it the wrong way. I was just saying that the game is being based off the New World so by your example Usopp kinda has a chance of facing an admiral.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

-|Mark975|- : Team A Spriter and Designer
Bellies Bellies : 16023

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 22nd January 2014, 5:20 pm

I see your point. The AIs were not that strong. But that doesn't mean its because I couldn't have it play strong, but for the fact that I didn't really bother to work everyone's AI cuz I knew I was going to revert to the A-Engine soon. One Piece A-Edition Alpha should have AIs ranging from Weak to Normal to Hard to Very Hard to Insane. The Insane difficulty should have it such that you will barely be able to knock out the character without him blocking it or dodging it. In the stage/story mode, I will make sure everyone plays just like how they are in the anime. Luffy should be able to automatically dodge the 1st grunt: marine's attacks with his Haki. Fights against Enel with Luffy should be such that the electricity attack won't affect Luffy at all. Logia character are invincible unless you're a haki user..etc. Also, in the story/stage mode, characters should have their tiers based on the anime itself; unlike the stage mode where we will be doing our best to have them balanced (or else everyone would just play with the strongest and win. That's gonna be too bad for Buggy fans and for Online tournaments too =P.)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down