One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips

+2
pack5642
-|Mark975|-
6 posters

Go down

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips Empty One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips

Post by -|Mark975|- 11th December 2013, 10:55 pm

This is basically my tips and tricks for the game, its mainly for those who have the game or are planning to get it.

During Story Mode Tips -
When your playing story mode always do the main missions along with the side missions. Why? Because with this it can help you reach a 1000 KO to help you unlock the 'Secret Chest' but to help level up your character must faster. Don't be afraid of using your style/haki gauge and don't ever be afraid to use your special attacks more than once.

Okay so once you've finished the main story mode you would of seen the normal ending but there is a true ending to the game. To accomplish this you need to do some of the followings; You need to clear all the partner/crew logs in the Crew Log sections.
The following crews are needed;
- All the Strawhat Pirates (You'll need to beat all the strawhats then Luffy's will appear)
- Marco
- Kuzan/Aokiji
- Hancock
- Ace
- Kuma
- Mihawk
- Crocodile
- Buggy
- Garp
- Hannibal
- Magellan
- Jozu
- Vista
- Whitebeard

After you completed all those crew logs a new route for the main story mode will appear, complete that and you will unlock the true ending.

For the true ending you will need to get up to the part where Whitebeard has been taken control of the mad dials now DO NOT kill him you need to let Luffy, Ace and Marco reach him to convince him after that happens Whitebeard will retreat and follow the missions set. To make the whole chapter easier for you when Garp arrives he will try and convince Akainu to join your side but Eneru/Enel will intervene with him, run up to them defeat Eneru/Enel and wait. Garp will talk to Kizaru and he will then convince Akainu and the marines will join your side.

After Story Mode (Crew Logs) Tips -
I'm guessing you have maxed out your characters to level 50 if so then its time to unlock a further stage. To do this you will need to use the difficulty ' Super Hard ' this is obtained after achieving the true ending. Super Hard allows you to complete stages on the hardest difficulty you will know when you completed a stage on this mode when you go back to it and it has a star on the left hand corner. Now for every 5 stages you complete using the Super Hard mode you will obtain an item in the Beli Shop its called ' Book of Level Limit Break - Vol. ' this allows you to break the level cap to level 100 to do this you will need to go into the character selection and press - Square - as you would when levelling up a character and pressing Start that will then break the cap. Of course I suggest completing all the main story mode on super hard then going to the crew logs.
*Hint - After a certain times you will unlock all the Book of Level Limit Break - Vol's.

Okay so its pretty hard to level up your characters after you break the cap because you can't use Beli anymore but I found some really good stages that will level up your character really fast.
Marco's Log - Run up to Jimbei and defeat him then Marco's territory will open up and just defeat him aswell. *Repeat
Franky's Log - Defeat 5 Generals/Captains, I suggest defeating the ones in the middle then going to the top left, then Franky will open up and defeat. *Repeat
Don Krieg's Log - Defeat 5 Generals/Captains, I suggest going to where Arlong is defeat him and the general that is with him then going to the right of his territory and defeating two more generals, Don's territory will open up now Crocodile will be running straight to Don Krieg's territory so defeat him for further exp then defeat Don Krieg. *Repeat
Franky 2 Years Ago - Go to Brook defeat him, capture his territory to unlock Usopp's Territorty defeat Usopp then run down to fight Sanji, this will then unlock Franky's territory, Luffy will also be in there so again like Crocodile defeat him for further exp then defeat Franky. *Repeat

During and After Story/Crew Modes/Logs Tips -
Okay so my best bet is that there will be times when you fail and there is nothing wrong with that everyone fails a mission once or twice but if your finding it hard to defeat say an enemy boss (e.g. Blueno, Whitebeard, Ace, etc) then I'll give you some tips on how to make this faster.
Tip 1- Your coins man, I know by putting all your best gold coins seems like its doing some good its actually not.. Try to make sure your coins link up and make sure they're either gold or silver coins. I'll show you my coin setup (note that this coins setup is for level 100's so you wan't have more than 5-6 slots if you're at the 50 cap)
Life Setup
Brook - Usopp - Chopper - Zoro - Franky - Rayleigh - Luffy - Dr Kureha - Hancock (Strawhat Timeskips)

Attack Setup
Franky - Sogeking - Chopper - Brook - Zoro - Luffy - Meat - Ace - Whitebeard (Strawhat Timeskips besides Sogeking)

Defence Setup
Brook - Chopper - Usopp - Vivi - Nami - Robin - Aokiji/Kuzan - Smoker - Sengoku (Nami and Robin Timeskips)
Tip 2 - Play as a character that has the technical style gauge, why? Its probably one of the best and if not one of the cheapest ways to defeating a character without hurting yourself. Don't get me wrong the Attacker style gauge is great and all but without being able to stun your opponent and having some good dodging skills then you'll be receiving some massive amounts of damage but on the other hand using a Technical character will be able to not only stun your opponent but also be able to slow down time with this you can deal out as many combos as you like but be careful of your style gauge limit and the fact that if your going to use a special it will cancel out the slowtime and cancel out our style gauge. I suggest playing as Kuzan (his ability to make the floor freeze and any opponent in that area frozen aswell give you the advantage), Usopp (A simple chain of attacks will stun anyone) or Smoker because if you get the right chain of attacks you can bring an opponent down very quickly. But if you prefer playing as character with an Attack style gauge then go with Luffy (his Gum Gum Axe, Gattling followed up with a Jet Pistol will easily stun anyone), Zoro (a Kokujou Tatsumaki can deal a lot of damage and a good stun) and Whitebeard (Any chain of attacks followed up with his R2 smashing the opponent with his powers make a perfect stun and combo). But then again you want a really cheap character so you can just blast through any chapter then play as Law... a technical character yes but R2 room will drag any opponent in there so if you time it right by using a R2 room and dodging you can do any chain of attacks and just kill anyone really.
Tip 3 - Skill slots are the best way to ensure your character comes out successful there are a ton of skills you can use but I prefer my ones because they increase my style gauge, increase my damage and stun. Now the skills I use are Combo Enhancement +, Ariel Combo Enhancement +, Brute Strength +, Final Blow +, and any style gauge skills you want.

Extra funny side note tips -
Okay so each character has a unique taunt, Franky's is weird at first but the trick is to hold down the button and wait until Franky's hair pops up. You are able to change his 3 times (Normal Franky upward hair, horn looking hair, mohawk hair) until his hair returns to being bald.

Last edited by -|Mark975|- on 16th December 2013, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

-|Mark975|- : Team A Spriter and Designer
Bellies Bellies : 16023

Back to top Go down

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips Empty Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips

Post by pack5642 12th December 2013, 4:48 am

wow man, you put alot of work into this. although i dont have the game and will most likely never buy it, thanks for the guide Very Happy

pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips Empty Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Tricks and Tips

Post by -|Mark975|- 12th December 2013, 8:27 am

Haha no problem , maybe one day you'll change your mind haha.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 12th December 2013, 8:13 pm

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to play this game. The problem is that it was only released for the PS3, which I am not probably going to get as I am not really a fan of PS3's games (EXCLUDING THIS ONE and the Crash series). All I can hope for is an emulator, or to borrow a console from a friend. Then, this is going to be very useful. +1! I appreciate your effort!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 12th December 2013, 8:20 pm

i always wanted to play this game but never get to,good guide man
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 12th December 2013, 10:29 pm

@A man
Aw that sucks Sad but yeah hopefully there is an emulator for this game.

@Draox
Thanks Smile.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSplit 13th December 2013, 3:24 am

What do you all have against PS3 games? Sad
@Mark there are trophies in this game, right? Did you get the platinum? Nice guide by the way :iconseriousnod it shall prove very usefull when I get this game Razz
YinYangSplit
YinYangSplit
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

YinTangSplit : Team A Designer
Bellies Bellies : 20689

http://yinyangsplit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 13th December 2013, 4:45 am

Guess they don't like ps3 games Sad and haha yeah I got the platinum Very Happy.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 13th December 2013, 8:14 am

The only thing I have against ps3 games is my lack of money...
By the way, good guide, would be useful if they released the game for xbox360 as well.
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 13th December 2013, 8:22 am

I mean if you want the game on Xbox 360 ask Bandai to make it haha but glad you all liked the guide.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- 16th December 2013, 9:31 am

Added in another tip.
-|Mark975|-
-|Mark975|-
Legendary Pirate
Legendary Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down