Rhino.Freak
Doflamingo
Mr.Sh!t
A-MAN
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who should I code now?

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_lcap46%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 25 ]
One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 17 ]
One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_lcap22%One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 54

Poll closed

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress

Post by YinYangSplit 25th June 2013, 6:39 pm

In or on a bg? Razz I know you wanted to make interactive backgrounds and stuff Very Happy
YinYangSplit
YinYangSplit
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

YinTangSplit : Team A Designer
Bellies Bellies : 20689

http://yinyangsplit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress - Page 4 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Demo(1.8) Progress

Post by A-MAN 25th June 2013, 6:50 pm

Lool, well yes, i want to, but I just started the work on it today Razz Here is a screenie: http://prntscr.com/1bvsww (Don't expect much XD). It might look simple now, but it will soon be the super A-Engine XD.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSplit 25th June 2013, 7:04 pm

That bg Shocked 
Wow, you did that all in one day? That was fast Razz can't wait for the super-special-awesome fully completed A-engine! cheers
YinYangSplit
YinYangSplit
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 26th June 2013, 1:22 am

lol way to go A-man Thumbs up!
"Rome wasnt built in a day" and neither will the A-engine be
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 27th June 2013, 1:28 pm

A-MAN wrote:Lool, well yes, i want to, but I just started the work on it today Razz Here is a screenie: http://prntscr.com/1bvsww (Don't expect much XD). It might look simple now, but it will soon be the super A-Engine XD.
nice try man =_=
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th June 2013, 7:23 pm

YinYangSplit wrote:That bg Shocked 
Wow, you did that all in one day? That was fast Razz can't wait for the super-special-awesome fully completed A-engine! cheers
Yeah, about the BG, I drew it all by my self B)!! And yes it will! And SOON!

pack5642 wrote:lol way to go A-man Thumbs up!
"Rome wasnt built in a day" and neither will the A-engine be
I can see wisdom sprouting out your post! "Rome wasn't built in a day". Quoted for absolute truth XD

Draox wrote:
A-MAN wrote:Lool, well yes, i want to, but I just started the work on it today Razz Here is a screenie: http://prntscr.com/1bvsww (Don't expect much XD). It might look simple now, but it will soon be the super A-Engine XD.
nice try man =_=
Thanks man! I wouldn't call that a "try" though. Don't judge the graphics I put in there. The engine shall support transparency and HD effects!!

I've done a lot of work for today. It's nothing to be shown, as it is all technical stuff. I started working on how the ".A" files (a.k.a .dat fiels Razz) should be read and interpreted. Also, made the object class for backgrounds. Should be able to show some visible progress by tomorrow or after.. And perhaps, I am going to show what I've done on the Kizaru of the LF2 engine.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSplit 27th June 2013, 7:37 pm

Nice, .A files Cool
Are they going to be different from the .dat files? I mean, you won't have to remake them, right? Anyway good luck with all the technicalities Razz
YinYangSplit
YinYangSplit
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 27th June 2013, 9:16 pm

Great progress. And I love that stickman you should include him in the game Razz
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 5:37 am

@Yin: Well, I am not crazy to make it in such a way that I will have to redo all the characters, nor I will make it identical to that of LF2. Don't worry though, I will make it in such a way that I can convert .dat files into .A files.
@gerafi: Perhaps, I will make him a template character for the engine Very Happy
Also, here is how the "load.txt" (the equivalent to "data.txt" ) is looking like:

Code:

0::0::300&301&302::obj\Stick_Man.A

300::1::--::obj\Stick_Manball.A
301::1::--::obj\Stick_Manball2.A
302::1::--::obj\Stick_Manball3.A
The "::" token separates the 3 parameters. The first is the ID of the A file, the second is the type of the object, the third will be explained below, and the 4th is the directory of the .A file to be loaded (S_M.A: Stick_Man.A).
The 3rd parameter is the other object files that are required to be loaded with the given object. Suppose you chose Stick man to fight with. Just when you press "Fight", the engine will automatically access the 3rd parameter and load the files there (separated by the "&" token, that is IDs: 300, 301 and 302). This way, the game won't have to load everything every time; (No more 10 minutes of loading XD).
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 28th June 2013, 10:35 am

One question, what program you will use for coding that type of files?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 11:11 am

You mean the A files? Initially, you will be able to open them with any text editor. But then they will be encrypted, and they will need a special program to access them (a data changer like program). The program isn't hard to do at all;few lines of codes followed by few clicks using a programming language like Delphi or perhaps my favorite, PYTHON!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 28th June 2013, 12:19 pm

A-MAN wrote:You mean the A files? Initially, you will be able to open them with any text editor. But then they will be encrypted, and they will need a special program to access them (a data changer like program). The program isn't hard to do at all;few lines of codes followed by few clicks using a programming language like Delphi or perhaps my favorite, PYTHON!
My bad, I mean: You will code A files with same program as normal data files? Or you will code data files, then convert them to A files, or you will code A files with your own made program?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 12:34 pm

All the new characters from here and after will be coded using the A-Engine (the scripting will be kind of different). However, for the older files, since I didn't use advanced DC techniques much, I will be able to convert them easily (Actually its just a matter of a 10 lined python script which will do almost all the conversion for me).
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th June 2013, 1:08 pm

that sounds soo freaking awesome man, just too awesome too be awesome!
A files soound awesome and pro xD the data.txt was a beauty too. and I love the way it looks now, I can't wait to start coding for it xD (by the way Python will be used as a data changer right? If its too complicated i'll die xD)
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 1:39 pm

Err.. python has nothing to do with the A-Engine's coding. I meant up there that the data changer for the A files will be coded by python. A-Engine's coding will be quite similar to that of the LF2 engine. I am still "designing" how the engine's frame will be like. Will post once I am done.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 28th June 2013, 2:25 pm

A-MAN wrote:Err.. python has nothing to do with the A-Engine's coding. I meant up there that the data changer for the A files will be coded by python. A-Engine's coding will be quite similar to that of the LF2 engine. I am still "designing" how the engine's frame will be like. Will post once I am done.
yeah lol python has nothing to do with A engine =_="

looking foward to see your design
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 3:21 pm

Ok, here is the initial "design" for the A files:
Code:

{info}
NAME= Stickman  #The name of the character, the way he will appear in the selection  menu.
MAXPTS_HP_MP_RP= 500,500,500  #The maximum HP, MP, RP respectively the character object can gain.
INITPTS_HP_MP_RP= 500, 250, 0  #The initial amount of HP, MP, RP respectively the character starts the battle with.
WALKSPD_X_Z= 5, 3 #Walking speed of the character in the X-Axis, Z-axis respectively.
RPRATEPER_HIT_SEC_DAMAGE= 7, 2 #The amount of RP generated per a second, or hit, respectively.
ARMOR= 0 #The amount of extra defense the character will have.

STANDING=0 #The frame no. the standing frames will start from.
WALKING=1 #The frame no. the walking frames will start from.
[img]
load:sys\stickwk.bmp w=128 h=103 col=4 row=1 colk= 0h00FFFF  #Load the sprite grid "stickwk.bmp" with w width, h height, col columns, row rows and colk as the color key of the image.
[/img]

{/info}

[f=0]#start of a frame
img=3 delay=1 next=0 state=0 center=64,103 f_x=0 f_y=0 f_z=0
[/f]#end of a frame

[f=1]
img=0 delay=2 next=2 state=1 center=64,103 f_x=0 f_y=0 f_z=0
[/f]

[f=2]
img=1 delay=2 next=3 state=1 center=64,103 f_x=0 f_y=0 f_z=0
[/f]

[f=3]
img=2 delay=2 next=4 state=1 center=64,103 f_x=0 f_y=0 f_z=0
[/f]

[f=4]
img=3 delay=2 next=1 state=1 center=64,103 f_x=3 f_y=0 f_z=0
[/f]

New Concepts:
RP: Rage points; the hell move now won't be performed using your mana points anymore. A new gauge, RP, will take place just for the hell move.

New feature(s):
1-If you've noticed, the walking frames now can be made to consist of a range of 1 single frame up to 12, or even more (you can even make it use all the frame you've got). The walking animation will start from where the "WALKING=" tag points to, and continue looping according to the next through state=0 frames.

2-You can now set the character's HP, MP, RP and even his Defense!

In-frame tags explanation:
img=The index of the sprite to show from the image file loaded. (pic: equivalent).
delay=the amount of time the current frame should last for; each unit is equal to 1/30 of a second. (wait: equivalent)
next=The number of the frame the object should go to once the current frame's delay has passed.
state=Each state value means a specific kind of actions. Value of 0 is for standing, while value of 1 is for walking.
center=the x,y position ,respectively, at which the character should appear relative to its ground position.
f_x=the amount of momentum in x that is given to the character in the current frame. (dvx: equivalent)
f_y=the amount of momentum in y that is given to the character in the current frame. (dvy: equivalent)
f_x=the amount of momentum in z that is given to the character in the current frame.

That's it for now. There are still more tags to show, but later, once I am done implementing the ones above. Also feel free to give your suggestions.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 28th June 2013, 4:22 pm

hmmmmm look kinda hard for basic =_= , M.U.G.E.N basic easy than this (just basic)
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th June 2013, 5:25 pm

Sorry but I can't think of anything to make it easier than this. It might look hard when you first look at it, but once you grasp the main idea, it becomes wah!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O 29th June 2013, 5:52 am

It just looks like hell for me. I don't know how you can do such awesome things. Razz
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 16979

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 29th June 2013, 7:26 am

+1 man, its great !! it is not confusing at all, since we just copy the whole frame and modify values.. xD
you should add Frame Naming system for ease.. love the way we can adjust hp, mp and even armour for each t0! xDDDD
what I don't understand is that how the walking will have so many frames and why?

this is awesome man... some suggestions:
direction keys input (hit_u: (up)) or something like that
different frames for dying
maybe more effects for water and electricity like theres fire and ice?
oh and can we also change the rate of recovering HP and MP for different characters? it will be awesome!

EDIT: also another idea is to separate f_z in two parts f_zu and f_zd for up and down.. what say?

again this is fkin awesome! do you plan to release the engine in LF-E for people?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 29th June 2013, 7:43 am

Thanks XD! And about the walking frames thingy, it's not required that you have many walking frame. You can make it 4 walking frames, or 6 or even 20 if you want. I just meant its variable. I mean when someone wants to make a game with very fluid animation, he might need more. For instance, originally OPAE characters have 8 walking/running frames. We will be able to use all these frames with absolute ease. And yes, there will be dying frames, an perhaps winning frames (when you win, you're character goes to the winning frames, where you can call a winning sound or a winning pose or something). Effects other than burning and freezing will also be there. Furthermore, I plan to extend the flexibility of the engine such that you will be able to create your effect when ever you need it. And yes, I am planning to release it everywhere indeed (or I wouldn't have called it the "A-Engine", it would've just called it "One Piece A-Edition"). It will be originally released as an engine, not as a game (Unlike LF2).
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 29th June 2013, 12:12 pm

Will there be controls for joystick?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 29th June 2013, 1:19 pm

LOOOL! Yes there will be. Don't worry Wink
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 29th June 2013, 1:53 pm

A-MAN wrote:LOOOL! Yes there will be. Don't worry Wink
playing with joystick pretty fun and easy to control but really it work ?
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 29th June 2013, 2:12 pm

And why shouldn't it work? I am coding this engine from scratch, so I can put into it anything I want (with effort of course). I can even make the game window dance around on your desktop :p
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxlance 29th June 2013, 2:16 pm

That's the power of A-man !
Maxlance
Maxlance
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 29th June 2013, 2:20 pm

A-MAN wrote:And why shouldn't it work? I am coding this engine from scratch, so I can put into it anything I want (with effort of course). I can even make the game window dance around on your desktop :p
serious question and get funny answer =_=" thanks btw

maxlance don't offtopic
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxlance 29th June 2013, 2:28 pm

A-man : How will the RP increase? through experience??
Maxlance
Maxlance
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 29th June 2013, 2:29 pm

RP will increase bit by bit when he HIT opponents (thats what I think)
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxlance 29th June 2013, 2:31 pm

Is this the same for MP ?
Maxlance
Maxlance
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 29th June 2013, 2:32 pm

I guess since it's called rage points it increases when you take damage?
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 29th June 2013, 2:34 pm

not same for MP, mp generates timely by a little.. so its different, @gerfi: guess you got the point but it maybe opposite
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 29th June 2013, 11:00 pm

Shocked .........
simply amazing man, this thing is awesome. nice idea with the rage points, not we dont have to worry about the mp meter being depleted fast anymore
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 6th July 2013, 5:52 pm

So what about 1.8 version?
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th July 2013, 7:01 pm

Rolling Eyes Hmph.. Well uh, *cough *cough..
Alright Alright, I will continue working on it from tommorrow and I will try to release it quick (you don't mind if Marko and Kizaru will be missing a move each, do you?). The matter is that since I've started working on the A-Engine, I've started to lose interest in the LF2 engine, and I need to get it ready for a release by the end of this summer (hopefully). No worries though, I will start crossing from the to do list by tomorrow.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 6th July 2013, 7:21 pm

im with ya man Razz
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th July 2013, 4:09 pm

So here are some stuff on the 1.8 version. Updated some stuff on Zoro (his 3-hit combo is more fluid now, and I made his Dragon twister bigger):
Spoiler:

And here comes Kizaru's grab attack (Hold + Piercing laser + Explosive light stomp thingy):
Spoiler:

A special air move for Kizaru. Its basically a diagonal air slide stomp followed by an upwards kick:
Spoiler:

Hint: It can be combo'ed together with the finger laser attack and the laser kick I showed here:

Finger laser attack (Skywards-side):

Laser kick:

More stuff coming soon.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 7th July 2013, 5:09 pm

Great work man!
By the way is crocodile complete?
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 7th July 2013, 5:37 pm

Thanks, and yes he is complete. Speaking of which, I am facing this problem of "com" logo appearing where it's not supposed to do in a place. The solution is either using olydbg to edit the exe, or to simply remove the c, o and m letters from the character map image resource. I am too lazy to open up olly now, and the second would be much faster, however doing the second will make all the "c", "o" and "m"s in the game (specifically the in the player names which appear beneath the character) disappear. Would anyone mind such a trivial problem?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox 7th July 2013, 5:55 pm

zoro tatsumaki look awesome =_= (long range attack)
Draox
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 8th July 2013, 10:03 am

Lol that COM thingy happened with me too (ALL STARS won't have C, o and m letters)
so yeah.. and awesome progress, really ! Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 8th July 2013, 12:15 pm

I dont see any problems with not having the c o m letters in demo 1.8
Just focus on making the A-engine perfect.
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 8th July 2013, 12:39 pm

Yeah I guess. The A-Engine is going good but now this stupid error appeared, and those people calling my work "nightmare" =(
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/105914/
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 8th July 2013, 3:48 pm

I saw it.. didn't understood a thing.. lets just hope things work out good Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 9th July 2013, 1:34 am

lol me too, just a bunch of code and people bashing it. good luck with the A-engine.
here is some motivation
Spoiler:
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th July 2013, 4:07 pm

Lol pack. Anyway, I managed to fix it without the need of changing what they called  "my monster function call". Also, for 1.8, I just removed the com text for all (not the letters). However, computer players won't be labelled "com" anymore. So any player without a label is a computer player. Got it y'all?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 9th July 2013, 5:15 pm

nice and aye aye sir! got it! Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 10th July 2013, 10:05 am

Hehe, good luck with other things.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 16th July 2013, 9:05 pm

So how's the A-engine and demo 1.8 going?
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next