D5's feedback thread

3 posters

Go down

D5's feedback thread Empty D5's feedback thread

Post by Dragon5 15th January 2015, 12:23 am

As much as I talked mechanics/balance design with this game, I'll bring up what I feel is off with the game's feeling.

1. Inability to buffer inputs
Luffy's combo has real tight timing, especially if you want to do his stronger variation. I'd suggest a tag where if you press/hold the button at certain frames you go through until you reach the tag that has the actual input. Something like "b<a>=x" maybe. This should alleviate any timing problems and provide a function to make the game more flexible.

2. Screen flickers when F1 is pressed
Hurts the eyes. Easy fix hopefully.

3. Gameplay thoughts
You might either want to consider a widescreen option or at least make sure the stage's boundaries do not go offscreen. The game's resolution is a little small with the default zoom to contain even a 1v1 fight.Maybe that can be somewhat alleviated if the stage boundaries are fixed.
I don't really enjoy the feel of running too much. Not because it isn't LF2, but the fact that you can only stop on a specific frame.
I can really see grounded-hits being a thing when the evasive mechanics are implemented to help the pace of this game.

4. Luffy thoughts
Any reason why Gatling Gun is also assigned to Flail? Also, the "black" version (pardon my ignorance of the anime) is only possible with the Special button. It's possible to extend the move using Special as well; that is unlisted in the move list.
You guys did put enough thought into making him with Whip being able to combo into several moves. I'll have to put a lot of research into his other moves though to see what exactly they are for.

5. Sanji thoughts
He honestly feels slow despite slippery movement. It might be because his Basic combo is quite sluggish. I also kinda expected Party Table to be a knockdown move. His air moves are quite OP as well.
I'll refrain from posting too much seeing how he isn't as polished as Luffy.

Bugs

• Beating up on the soldier crashes the game. You might want to remove content that isn't finished.

Last edited by Dragon5 on 15th January 2015, 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 552

Back to top Go down

D5's feedback thread Empty Re: D5's feedback thread

Post by A-MAN 15th January 2015, 5:52 am

1-In fact, such a tag is offered already. It's just that it wasn't when I did Luffy's 3-hit combo. It's not really a tag, but how the A-Engine's input buffer works in generals:
Every object on the screen has its own input buffer of size 12; every time you click something, the button AND the time you clicked are both pushed into the array (so it keeps the last 6 inputs in general).
There are 2 ways you can assign inputs:
-The first is via the c<x>=, h<x>= tags (x being the button, c is click and h is hold). These tag works pretty much as LF2's. The only accept inputs that are from when they're there, and they would goto you to the assigned frame straight away, without any delay.
-The second way way is using the "set_combination=" frame-component. Here is a skeleton of the frame component containing the tags we're concerned with right now:
Code:
set_combination[seq=() time_interval= delay= goto=]
seq= in between the brackets are inputs separated by a comma. So only if the combination in the sequence tag matches that of the buffer, the goto= will execute.
time_interval= the maximum time difference between every input required in milliseconds. If only one input is put into the seq=() tag, then that will be for how long would the input be accepted for after being put into the buffer. Now this is exactly what you pointed out there. "set_combination[seq(c<a>) time_interval=128 goto=x]" will look up if the last input in the buffer is a c<a>, and will accept it as long as it was registered 128 milliseconds before or less.
delay= this is how much the the set_combination can wait before it gotos you.
"[f=x]
img=x center=x, x delay=10
set_combination[seq=(h<u_a>, c<a>) #hold Up and click attack
time_interval=0
delay=5
goto=x
]
[/f]"
That combination will goto you after 5/FPSth part of a second from when the frame starts.

So yeah Razz. It's not the fault of the Engine. We're redoing his 3-hit combo anyway, and that's why I didn't add that.

2-You're right. That doesn't happen in the windowed version (the one I used while working), and that's why I didn't know about it. Will fix!

3-Do you mean like have the camera just show the whole stage at once? The stage is huge, and zooming out to contain everything would have the players look tiny all the time. Or was it something else you meant?
All the camera related stuff can be changed from the stage's .A file, including the minimum zoom factor (you can play around with that by yourself if you like. "PNKHZRDFR.A" is the stage's file). As for the game' stage's minimum scale factor of the camera, it still does contain all the characters, and we believe it shows enough space behind you. If other people complain about this, we might consider increasing the value a bit.

4-Ah, well.. that was just me failing to complete everything planned for the demo. Flail is not yet coded. Gattling was previously keyed to Special. This as well explains why you can't charge/armament your move with the new combination.. Sorry I guess Razz.
As for whip, it is a great combo starter. Still I feel it's a bit overpowered (maybe I should increase the delay at the start?)

5-Well.. yes, his basic hit combo is a bit sluggish. Party table should knock at the end too, but I just forgot to change that. So about Sanji in general: He is still a bit lacking in moves compared to Luffy. His main Diable Jambe' attacks are still to be developed still.
Sanji is supposed to be quite strong in the air since he can practically fly (we're trying to get air-combat into the game, so several characters would be strong in that too). His air attacks might be overpowered now, but I believe that's only because air recovery stuff for character have not been coded yet.
But yes, Sanji has just recently undergone some polishing, and he apparently didn't get enough of it.

Most importantly, as one of the few people who encountered a white screen in the ancient A-Engine build, did you still encounter that in the same computer? I supposed I have fixed it, but I've just read a comment about someone reporting few things showing white.

Thanks for the feedback! Very appreciated XD.

A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 15th January 2015, 6:45 am

My one and only laptop worked on this version, so it's not the same issue as the last demo.

Regarding the stage:
I wasn't talking about making the whole stage visible. It's just that the screen is small and is hard to contain the action unless you zoom out. Also, you can go past the sides of the stage somewhat, which makes fighting a little hard.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 15th January 2015, 8:07 am

Dragon5, i know you really want people to do their own report.  I will apologize in advance, since I basically have same kind of issues as you do, so i dont want to seem too repetitive if A-man can answers them all, such as the screen flicking on F1, fighting input problems and such.
In Addition to what you have, I keep encountering this D5's feedback thread Qqua2017
and then crash everytime i play as Luffy or Sanji against Dummy or Marine.  Also sometime i will see the green bar next to Marine like I see in LF2.  like D5's feedback thread Qqua2014

Thank you, A-man and Sorry Dragon5.

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th January 2015, 12:21 pm

@Dragon5: So you're saying that sometimes the players can go off-screen? Does that happen for a brief moment, or lasts until you move again? If it's the latter, which of the 2 exe's does that happen with? And what is the OS you're running on?

@wdkace: Thanks for the elaborate report! I've recognize both the two errors already, and they should be fixed by the next release!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 15th January 2015, 7:43 pm

When I was playing last time, it happened while I was fighting Sanji as Luffy. I can't seem to replicate it now, so don't worry about it. I still think the current zoom level is a little too close for what the game is aiming for though.

@wkdace: Please don't make a habit out of it. That will be all I ask.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 15th January 2015, 8:04 pm

The min scale factor of the camera right now is 0.55. What value do you think would best fit?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 15th January 2015, 8:18 pm

Either 0.60 or 0.65. I'm leaning towards 0.60 for smaller fights while 0.65 would help with larger numbers. I can't decide sadly. Embarassed
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down