Hello there.

3 posters

Go down

Hello there. Empty Hello there.

Post by Dragon5 4th June 2014, 12:48 am

Name: Beau Worth
How did you found about this forum?: From the MAN himself
Any comments about the game (if you have played it yet): I tried it around 1.5 and the UI was a little discomforting for me with my messed-up arrow keys. The game was good though. The problem was going to be fixed according to Mr. A, so I will be trying it again soon.
Detailed Intro: I came here from LFE, and I'm one of the forgotten players in Hero Fighter. My current rebalancing project for LF2 is in a bit of limbo right now with some programming challenges. The A-Engine has piqued my interest though so I've been trying to learn a bit of C for when it comes out. As for anime, I'm not really into it; my interests lie elsewhere.

I'm a college student that studied psychology for two years so far. I just recently transferred to major in computer information technology as my college would not provide that kind of field. I might seem immature, awkward or unclear at times, but that's just because I have Asperger Syndrome.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 552

Back to top Go down

Hello there. Empty Re: Hello there.

Post by Rhino.Freak 4th June 2014, 3:44 am

Welcome around mate! Glad to have you here! So, what's your name of in LF-E ?

Psychology sounds fun XD
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 4th June 2014, 4:30 am

I'm Bat Tamer. If you know about LF2-Fanpai/Remake then you should know who I am. (As I said before, the project is in limbo right now.)

Psychology is a very interesting subject, but I couldn't see myself do six years at my old school, especially writing papers. Hello there. 2706931455  It was weighing me down to say the least. I'm gonna be in college for six years anyway since I just finished year two and now to get a two-year degree in my next two years before moving on to my master degree. Neutral Oh well.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 4th June 2014, 8:47 am

Oh heey! Welcome aboard Dragon5! The A-Engine, just like data changing, doesn't require any C or any programming abilities (although its recommended). I will soon be working on a LF2 to A-Engine converter which should convert all your .dat files into .A files without any issues.
Psychology sounds really amazing. I see you're planning to go veery deep with that. So what stuff do you psychologist cover? And what is the difference between Psychology and Neurology?
Also, here is a you tube channel that might interest you. You probably know about it already: VSauce. The guy who runs it is a neurologist. It has got some very interesting, I believe psychological, topics including Fear, Nostalgia, Dejavu's and more.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 4th June 2014, 7:53 pm

Psychology is about people in the mind. Think of the way people act and disabilities that affect them practically in the mental sense like Autism, depression, ADHD, OCD, etc.. I took classes on human growth and development and abnormal disabilities before switching over to computer science. Neurology is about the nervous system by the way.

I have been trying to find a suitable alternative to the regular LF2 for both convenience and features. The Chinese modification (the "PDK" around here) doesn't support AI and has a momentum bug that makes dashing weird; otherwise it would have been close to perfect. Hex-editing was starting to overwhelm me with my luck in trying to create new code. I also would eventually need to modify it again to hide characters as well.
I am really looking forward to the A-Engine. I see the potential just from the code.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 4th June 2014, 9:39 pm

Oh, so you switched into Computer Science?

I don't mean to brag, but the A-Engine should literally do all you want. Gravity, Friction, Hitlag, Hitsparks..etc can be changed pretty easily. For the hit lag, you will even be able to set a different hit lags for different moves. Once we release a first version of OPAE, I will work on a script that should be able to convert full mods to work with the A-Engine. I don't know much with LF2's mechanics, so it would be cool if you would aid me with that XP.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon5 4th June 2014, 10:26 pm

I'll start typing up what I know and give references to threads that should help you in a PM. I really only studied the hitlag and the MP regeneration (I'm still unsure about the formula for Remake's MP regeneration). Also, I'd suggest making a character converter first. Take things one step at a time. It's not like I want to quickly dump all my data into A-Engine right now. Razz
Here's a site that explains a lot of LF2's mechanics. Zort and YinYin are the ones I believe know LF2 best.
Dragon5
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum