+5
YinYangSplit
pack5642
gerafi
Rhino.Freak
A-MAN
9 posters

Go down

Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition Empty Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition

Post by A-MAN 25th May 2013, 3:43 pm

Hello everyone!
So, targeting the best for the game, I've made this thread. I want you all to state all the stuff you have that you think OPAE needs. To state anything you would like to see or anything you would like to be changed in OPAE without any hesitation (even if you think the ideas are strange and will be unpleasing to people or blablabla... just post them, and they will all be taken seriously.)

So I will be starting with some questions:

• Do you think there is any repetition in the game-play of any of the characters? If yes, then please elaborate.
  • Do you find any of the characters under/over-tier-d (weak or strong, more than the way he is supposed to be?)
  • Do you find any of the characters are boring to play with? If yes, then state who is he.
  • Do you find the DendenMushi better for the game-play? or does it just destroys it?
  • Do you think any character has got some moves which doesn't suit him? or just useless?
  • Would you like to see more items for the game? or do you think they are just distracting?

Thanks for your time! a +1 and 100 belies will be given to all of whom are willing to collaborate with us.

Last edited by A-MAN on 26th May 2013, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition Empty Re: Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th May 2013, 3:59 pm

First of all, I would like to point out the most unpleasant thing about OPAE :

Stage 1 - Too tough

Please either remove some of those lil marines or make pacifista less OP ( Yes Pacifista's beams seem OP to me )

Stage 1 is literally tougher than Stage 2, I mean I knew some codes so I was able to play Stage 2, and I finished it, but I couldn't finish Stage 1 in this version.
Many newbies complain about it, so either make stage mode easy or put more characters in default, unlocked so that people get to play with them.. I mean in this latest version I have not even been able to enjoy Luffy's Gear 2nd and 3rd..

I think there is not much repetition in the gameplay of any character but the base style is not really incredible,
the dashes ( -> -> ) seem a bit too much speedy and long for some, I think dashes should be pretty much equal for all (though some exceptions) characters, creating balance, same with Jumps (neither too high, nor too low for someone, just the same)

Another thing about satisfaction in gameplay involves Attacks and their feels, some attacks are really fun when they get hit, and some are.. meh..

Some characters are not smooth .. the way they are, their animation, sometimes they ruin fun..

I think there are less sound effects for attacks (slash, balls etc)

Also something needs changes like Mihawk's normal attack combos, they are simple normal hits, if there were blood effect with some slashing sound effect, anyone would love it 5x more..

DendenMushi is good to me.. barrels and cannon balls should be added..

I think that icy dude Aokiji is a little OP, the way he falls and appears is OP to me..

I guess this is it, would love to help you out smooth things..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition Empty Re: Unsatisfactory stuff in One Piece A-Edition

Post by A-MAN 25th May 2013, 4:43 pm

Ok, lets see:

Rhino.Freak wrote:First of all, I would like to point out the most unpleasant thing about OPAE :

Stage 1 - Too tough

Please either remove some of those lil marines or make pacifista less OP ( Yes Pacifista's beams seem OP to me )

Stage 1 is literally tougher than Stage 2, I mean I knew some codes so I was able to play Stage 2, and I finished it, but I couldn't finish Stage 1 in this version.
Many newbies complain about it, so either make stage mode easy or put more characters in default, unlocked so that people get to play with them.. I mean in this latest version I have not even been able to enjoy Luffy's Gear 2nd and 3rd..
I've received shitloads of complains about the damned Pacifista's from "thatfella". He rides the same bus I ride at school. All the trip, to and back from school, it goes "Dude, the pacifistas.. they are so damn hard. They shoot laser so fast that its not One Piece anymore, it is more of "Starwars". "
So what i will do regarding them is probably one of 2: Either make them charge the laser for a longer time, or make them able to fire laser just once at a time, then they will have to wait for the "laser gun to cool down" for the next shot.

Rhino.Freak wrote:
I think there is not much repetition in the gameplay of any character but the base style is not really incredible,
the dashes ( -> -> ) seem a bit too much speedy and long for some, I think dashes should be pretty much equal for all (though some exceptions) characters, creating balance, same with Jumps (neither too high, nor too low for someone, just the same)
I see. Would you please name a character whom you think his dash is "Perfect"? In terms of both speed and time?
Also, here is some idea that has just popped into my mind for dashing:
How about doing the dashing such that: You press the direction key twice and hold it. The more you hold it, the more you continue dashing. Perhaps it should cost a little bit of MP as well. Liked it?

Rhino.Freak wrote:
Another thing about satisfaction in gameplay involves Attacks and their feels, some attacks are really fun when they get hit, and some are.. meh..

Some characters are not smooth .. the way they are, their animation, sometimes they ruin fun..

I think there are less sound effects for attacks (slash, balls etc)

Also something needs changes like Mihawk's normal attack combos, they are simple normal hits, if there were blood effect with some slashing sound effect, anyone would love it 5x more..
Can you please state a move which you think hits the best, and another which feels boring? And for real, I really should add some sound effects.

Rhino.Freak wrote:
DendenMushi is good to me.. barrels and cannon balls should be added..

I think that icy dude Aokiji is a little OP, the way he falls and appears is OP to me..

I guess this is it, would love to help you out smooth things..
Lets here the others' comments before deciding on the items. And what character(s) do you find their animations to be not-smooth?

Really appreciate your time mate cheers +1! Guess you deserve more than the 100 belies. Will add the belies to your account at the end of the day Wink

Edit: Sorry for not answering you on the chatbox. Was AFK Razz
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th May 2013, 4:55 pm

I think luffy has a perfect dash and perfect jump..
About your new idea for dash, it sounds cool and interesting but I can't say until I experience it.. it has its cons too, viz no MP = no dash Sad

Well I think the normal hit combo of Luffy for example, if you notice it doesn't animate well during shifting from punch 1 to punch 2, also I saw there were some UN-neccesary dvx: 550, which actually kills the "flow" that "eases" or "smooths" the things out.. If you get what I mean and see the problem in this, it can do a revolution to gaming experience..

Guess that covers most of your answers.. Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 25th May 2013, 5:05 pm

Something i find quite annoying is Mihawks and Shanks haki dodge . It's overpowered. They can escape any combo any uses little mp. For example i finally manage to land a hell move on Shanks then he uses haki dodge to simply escape the move leaving me with all of my mp used and open for an attack. Perhaps you can make the dodge's mp consumption proportional to the damage that would be taken, or make the move itself harder to use so that you would have to time the dodge perfectly at the same time the attack hits.

~Please forgive me if the post is not clear since I've written it in a hurry.
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 25th May 2013, 5:11 pm

OOOOH and 1 more thing, loading takes nearly 10 minutes in my pc.. I think you should try to put more attacks in 1 data file..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 26th May 2013, 2:46 am

gerafi wrote:Something i find quite annoying is Mihawks and Shanks haki dodge . It's overpowered. They can escape any combo any uses little mp. For example i finally manage to land a hell move on Shanks then he uses haki dodge to simply escape the move leaving me with all of my mp used and open for an attack. Perhaps you can make the dodge's mp consumption proportional to the damage that would be taken, or make the move itself harder to use so that you would have to time the dodge perfectly at the same time the attack hits.
Yeah, I am getting what you mean. Making the mp required increases as the damage of the move increases isn't possible in the LF2 engine. Perhaps, I will make it such that you can't escape the hell move with the haki dodge. And it will be costing more mp.

Rhino.Freak wrote:I think luffy has a perfect dash and perfect jump..
About your new idea for dash, it sounds cool and interesting but I can't say until I experience it.. it has its cons too, viz no MP = no dash Sad
Ok, will test it on Luffy, and will send you the files for that.

Rhino.Freak wrote:
Well I think the normal hit combo of Luffy for example, if you notice it doesn't animate well during shifting from punch 1 to punch 2, also I saw there were some UN-neccesary dvx: 550, which actually kills the "flow" that "eases" or "smooths" the things out.. If you get what I mean and see the problem in this, it can do a revolution to gaming experience..
Will try to fix remove the 550's. Thanks!

Thanks Rhino & gerafi! 200 belies each!

Edit: Alright guys, here is the new dash system. Would love it if each would test it out and tell me his opinion about it: http://www.mediafire.com/?a5rd94of170f64j
Copy "Luffy.dat" into: "data/OP/"
Copy "luffy_base.bmp" into: "sprite/sys/"
Run the game, and try dashing with luffy (hold the direction key to continue dashing).
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 26th May 2013, 7:40 am

I tried it and let me tell you its awesome! very nice dash! Very Happy just increasing its speed by 2% and its awesomely perfect! +1
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 26th May 2013, 1:28 pm

So you liked it. Did anyone else tried it? Perhaps Pack?
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi 26th May 2013, 1:30 pm

Im sorry A-man but i cant try it now. i will probably try it after tomorrow.
gerafi
gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 28th May 2013, 12:13 am

so i tried it and i dont like how much mp it takes, dashing shouldnt take any mp. if you speed it up like Rhino said and make it take no mp, its perfect. but otherwise, as the dash is right now, i prefer the old one.
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 28th May 2013, 6:44 am

the dash has pretty low mp usage, I guess its perfect with a bit more speed, it will also be a more realistic and stahp spammers to run away like cowards Twisted Evil
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 2nd June 2013, 9:39 am

lol thats evil Rhino, it kills my strategy of hit and run FUUUUUUUU

chibi luffys sprite is horrible, the face is just deformed.
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 3rd June 2013, 11:17 am

sorry pack , but it is what it is! xD

Also I kinda dislike the kick of sanji that hits a lot of time.. it feels unpleasant..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSplit 3rd June 2013, 11:39 pm

The yellow one? I think you should be able to stop it anytime with defend, but other than that, I like it
YinYangSplit
YinYangSplit
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

YinTangSplit : Team A Designer
Bellies Bellies : 20689

http://yinyangsplit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RaCuGa 26th January 2014, 9:36 pm

Hi, im giving a try this game again, i finally passed 1-8 so im giving a list of bugs? i found in the game
List Of Bugs?:

RaCuGa
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th January 2014, 7:52 am

Thanks for trying our little game, and we appreciate your feedback! Fortunately, the whole game is being recreated again thanks to a new member in our team, Z-Studios, who is good enough to provide us with whole new custom sprites!. For more info regarding the future of this game, go here: https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com/t437-one-piece-a-edition-alpha-progress

And welcome aboard!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 27th January 2014, 8:19 pm

Well, i started stage mode, i played luffy with ai playing zoro and sanji. got owned by dogs. added 15 marines, got owned by dogs. added 3 more zoro's and 2 more sanji's, got owned by arlong. and pacifistas. and DEM STRONKY DOGS. so i remembered that the least people you have, the least enemies. so i played only as luffy. i beat the dogs. i beat arlong. i beat the pacifistas, i beat usopp. and then the marines+pacifista level destroyed me. so, ill say it again, pacifistas are pretty op, they just have nonstop laser beams. ill also say dogs are extremely annoying to play against, they just gang up on you and take you out with 5 times the marine soldiers damage. btw after all of this, i had to start level 1 again, which is why i dont really feel any will to go back into the game atm. my time in the game was more "spam pistol and gattling" than "have fun with luffy kicking a ton of marine ass". and then i lost because of the annoying 100 marines swarming me, which basically stunned me for a few minutes, while the pacifistas blast me again and again and again. and had to start it again. so the combat system is pretty annoying imo, you cant act like 50% of the time. so maybe instead of releasing 50 then 50 more its possible to release them 25-25-25-25 or something like that? also the AI sometimes abandoned me and went afk (afk AI D:) on the other side of the battlefield. also stages should be shorter maybe, and include more levels (if thats possible) or maybe just have checkpoints because its really annoying to have to do it again after you already spent so much time on it. also i have seen that when i used air storm (the one that faces down) and hit many people the game tends to just freeze me in place (this happened a few times, one of them for about 25 seconds) while the rest of my team continues to fight. also the arlong boss fight with the infinite dogs was pretty annoying as well.
this is just my first impression of the game compiled into a flaming blob of a reply. usually i would make a more edited post to show what i mean, but right now i just dont feel like doing it (dont really have the time now. after that 3 hour comment. lol) so im sorry if this came out as "i dont like the game at all", because that wasnt what i meant. i like the overall game just the stage mode is a bit too "crowded" to be fun. (at least for me. although i never did like stage mode in lf2...)
note: i didnt really play too much of the versus, since i only had 3 characters, so i wanted to get more and... this is what happened lol.
P.S. you should consider adding the "training dummy" character from grand world. it was a nice touch imo.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 27th January 2014, 8:33 pm

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! Although I really do realize almost all of the stuff you've said from what other members have complained. Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. I know they are annoying and ruin the fun. The thing is that 1.8 days, we've wanted to have a more variety of enemies and all I could find are these dogs. Them being overpowered was sort of a troll (and I like trolling; but I've got my special ways of doing that). I didn't do much work with AI too, as I knew I was gonna convert A-Engine soon.
If you're up to unlocking all the characters without going through the stage mode, go here: https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com/t392-unlocking-codes-shop-18

Also, about the training dummy; I have a better idea; a sand bag XD
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 27th January 2014, 10:13 pm

Sand bag? How about something from the OP universe you can train with? Kung Fu dewgong or something....
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 4:47 am

Z-studios wrote:Sand bag?  How about something from the OP universe you can train with?  Kung Fu dewgong or something....
Riq suggested we have Fake Luffy (Demalo Black) as a training dummy. A Kung Fu dugong however might be a better idea since he can be set to fight too.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-studios 28th January 2014, 5:28 am

I'm sure there are alot of characters that people want to punch apart from fake luffy lol....

What about a sandbag with a picture of someone's face on it that you can switch around? That way a sandbag will be easy to sprite and if its just a picture we can make many different versions and just stick it over.
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 28th January 2014, 5:44 am

Cool idea! I like it. Go ahead!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by golifa123 16th February 2014, 9:51 pm

shanks is weak then he supossed to be and kuma and pacifistas are strong then they have supossed to be and marine dogs are so annoying nad you can add items like barrels boxes
golifa123
golifa123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 17th February 2014, 7:18 am

HI golifa! Please read this!
A-MAN wrote:Hey! Thanks for the feedback! Although I really do realize almost all of the stuff you've said from what other members have complained. Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. I know they are annoying and ruin the fun. The thing is that 1.8 days, we've wanted to have a more variety of enemies and all I could find are these dogs. Them being overpowered was sort of a troll (and I like trolling; but I've got my special ways of doing that). I didn't do much work with AI too, as I knew I was gonna convert A-Engine soon.
If you're up to unlocking all the characters without going through the stage mode, go here: https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com/t392-unlocking-codes-shop-18

The next OPAE is going to be very different from previous releases! Smile
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by golifa123 18th February 2014, 12:47 am

you can add captian marines and sakazuki as an playable character you can add all ranks from here:http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marine_Ranks
golifa123
golifa123
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 19th February 2014, 4:49 am

yea, next release will have more variety in opponents and they will be from different ranks and sections of the navy. so sit tight and watch the amazingness unfold XD
pack5642
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down