Story Mode Design

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion Story Mode Design

Post by Flash9tk 25th June 2014, 7:27 pm

I'm taking it upon myself, a faithful fan of One Piece A- Edition, to start this topic on level design for story mode.  I mean someone would have done this sooner or later right?  New topics drive the forum and Team-A's motivation. So lets be active people!!  Haha I'm one to talk doge  

I do work like all of the time though lol.

A-Man and Z-Studious: I also believe that it would be best to create characters based on order of appearance after the time skip and whether or not they have displayed a large enough move list.  No I do not want to interrupt your current progress and plans. I just think it's best to have it mapped out if you guys don't already, so that creation will be easier.

CUT SCENES
Should be ripped straight from the anime?  I remember A-Man mentioning that I believe.  If possible, there should maybe be a version without cut scenes to accommodate those with slow net.

======================================================================================================================================================================================================================

LEVELS

Sabaody:

-Skirmish with marines and pacifista. This should definitely be a training stage like in Pirate Warriors since the move list is so epic Very Happy
-Objective defeat/evade marines to meet up with crew.

Fishmen Island:

-Descending 10,000 Meters and fighting vicious sea monsters such as the Kraken

• Ship battles

[*]Underwater battles in bubbles
[/list]
-Defeat Fishmen attempting to capture straw hat crew
-Defeat Hody and gang at Neptune's Palace
-Luffy vs Jinbei vs Sanji at the Sea forest? lol
-Final Battle with The New Fishmen Pirates
-Sail to the New World!!

Punk Hazard:
-Embark on Punk Hazard to follow a plea for help! Watch out for *Place random grunt here*. Because you don't feel like drawing centaurs? haha
-Battle a dragon then head to the icy side!
-A talking head? Find your way out of the lab!
-Law vs Smoker
-Yeti Cool Brothers and Finding Kinemon's torso. UH OH!! what's that giant slime?!
-Straw Hat and Heart Alliance vs Ceasar Clown and Cronies
-Brief Skirmish with Monet: Momonouske's a dragon?!

Final Battle: Find CC and Vergo

-Defeat G-5and Captain Tashigi as Vergo and ward off Kuroashi no Sanji: Watch out for Shinokuni!!
-Zoro (and Tashigi?) vs Monet!
-Franky vs Baby 5 and  Buffalo: GNERAL CANON!!
-Law and Smoker vs Vergo: Destroy SAD!
-Luffy vs Ceasar: GRIZZLY MAGNUM!!!!
-Heavenly Yaksha Descends: Doflamingo vs Aokiji

{b]Dressrosa:[/b]
-Corrida Colosseum: A Block  - (Burgess)
-Corrida Colosseum: B Block - KING PUNCH!! (Bartolomeo)
-Sanji loses Zoro! Protect Viola/Violet from the Donquixote family thugs!!
-Corrida Colosseum: C Block - Garp, I will take my revenge out on your grandchildren!! (Luffy)
-This bridge sucks!!:Travel to Green Bit while protecting the bridge from the fighting fish!
-Change of Plans! Law vs Doflamingo and Fujitora
-Nami-swan's in trouble?! Sanji vs Doflamingo: Holy Sh*t a YONKOU?!
-Shichibukai Trafalgar Law Vs Shichibukai Donquixote Doflamingo
-Destroy the Factory: Franky vs Senior Pink, Machvise and Donquixote Army
-Corrida Colesseum: D Block -The Kamaitachi of Rommel (Cavendish or Rebecca)
-Brutal Defeat! Is Torao alive?! Zoro and Kinemon vs Doffy and Fujitora!!
-The Revolutionary Army Chief of Staff: The mera mera no mi is MINE!! Free for all for Ace's fruit!(Sabo)

Final Battle?: Save Torao and Defeat Doflamingo

-The walls are closing in! Zoro vs Pika!
-Luffy vs Gladius and fodder!
-The Executive Tower: Ussoland vs Trebol and Sugar
-Birdcage: Kyros and Luffy vs Doflamingo and....his clone?
-WANTED God Ussop!! Ruffian Army vs Top Executive Pika!
-Sabo vs Admiral Fujitora

======================================================================================================================================================================================================================

This took a lot of thought on an empty stomach lol  Razz Any suggestions to change anything or additions for things I've missed will be greatly appreciated!! Team-A you do not have to follow this, but if you do then hey! haha

Also there will be more to discuss such as transitions and how the hell it's all gonna work out. That's why I think it's about time we all discuss it instead of leaving it to Team-A alone. That'd be a lot of work, while we all just sit idly by and wait.

Last edited by Flash9tk on 25th June 2014, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2261

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Re: Story Mode Design

Post by AWSAN.awesome 25th June 2014, 7:46 pm

This is all great..+1
Lovin' all those ideas..
AWSAN.awesome
AWSAN.awesome
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 14215

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 25th June 2014, 8:19 pm

Thanks man! I can't wait to see what becomes of it ~
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 26th June 2014, 6:26 pm

lol dude, thanks. The ideas you posted were discussed before to some extent in the chatbox, and in addition to what you said, here is what we thought:
1-Cut scenes:
We don't want to have any video cutscenes that are ripped on the anime. In fact, we will try to avoid cut scenes as much as possible. The cut scenes we're going to have will be coded with the original sprites of them game; they're mostly going to be text dialogs and conversations. Later when we come to work on that, we will start a thread where we will write a (hilarious, not necessarily though) story script together. We thought it would be cool if you are able to interrupt, say Doflamingo's evil speech with a solid punch XD.

Now lets get to the game play aspects:

2-Free roam:
We're going to have every arc be an island in the New World sea. You will be transporting in this sea on the Sunny Go (obviously). While following the log pose will get you to the next stage according to the Cannon story line, you will be free to deviate off your journey to explore the sea and to access new islands and stuff. A new island might be one of the following:
a-A non cannon stage.
b-An island that represents a world from another anime; usually to unlock its character. For instance, there will be a DBZ featured island to unlock Goku.
c-A small isle with a treasure box hidden on it. In this treasure box there can be:
--A map which represents a new stage for the VS mode.
--A denden mushi which represents a new Support.
--A bag which represents a new item.
d-A stage from the pre-time skip arcs.

While traveling on the Sunny, you will face battleships or Marine forces. We've discussed a battle system for that:
a-You can shoot cannon balls as long as you have enough cannon balls (direction key+Attack can be the combination for that).
b-You can use specials like Coup De Burst or Gaon Cannon using Cola.
c-You can bump into the enemy ships to rob their ammo, foods and cola.

Advanced forces like those of the marines should prepare a plan to surround you or something.

3-Stages:
Its pretty much like yours, except that you did miss some important events, and I am tired of typing Razz.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 26th June 2014, 7:49 pm

Lol I was tired of it too, really tired Razz I just wanted to focus on most of the important battles and events because it would get too long. So the cut scenes will be intractable like some console games? Sweet I'm looking forward to smashing Doffy's face in Very Happy
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 27th June 2014, 12:01 pm

I suggest the system in vs mode should be the winner guy. For example Doflamingo vs Sanji, the system should make players to play as Doflamingo. Of course in the main thread I already talk about it. But you can play that stage again with other player (like Luffy, Hody or someone else) or you can reverse the char (So the player can become Sanji and fight Doflamingo).
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash9tk 27th June 2014, 12:46 pm

That's why I threw Vergo vs Sanji in there and suggested that you can play as either. Sanji definitely wouldn't have won that fight.. his leg was almost fully broken
Flash9tk
Flash9tk
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down