Power Development Kit (PDK)

4 posters

Go down

Power Development Kit (PDK) Empty Power Development Kit (PDK)

Post by Doflamingo 9th May 2013, 3:10 pm

Hey there. A-man you wanna write your own engine, right? Here is intresting engine for you.

Power Development Kit (Download)

Author - Alkarter
Advantages over other sets:
- Built-in support PNG transparency
- Support for management of armor, stage, music and more through the DAT files
- Loading of each game level and objects separately (good for an old PC)
- Built-in randomness

I. General features of Alkarter's basis for modifications:

- When you start the EXE, the game window is always centered on the screen.
- Changed the way the image processing program (function API).
- Full support for the format PNG.
- 32-bit PNG files are supported transparency (alpha-channel).
- In data.txt can now be recorded 1,000 objects.
- In mirror images of sprites priority is given to the presence of _mirror part, instead of the hardware mirroring (useful for certain video cards).
- Removed ads.
- Removed auto-update feature.
- A list of music can now be changed via bgm.dat
- Download dame is now when these game files used (extremely important for owners of older PC, where the entire booking up RAM memory at once - fatally).
- When choosing a map, or the level of the stage you can now scroll through the list in the reverse direction by pressing the jump.
- Using the stage, playing for Rudolph, you become translucent when using invisibility, but the whole effect of the reception is the same, and as it applies to clones.
- The number of objects which can be simultaneously increased at 1000.
- The effects of "shock" and "blood" will now inherit the movement destroys targets.
- Added support for Unicode, it is possible to change the fonts.
- Strips of health and mana transferred to the sprites / bars.png
- Added the display of health and mana in numeric values ​​(values ​​are made up of sprites bars.png, so you can clean them out there if you do not need them).

II. Options System.dat:

1.) Lines control background music in the menu:
menu_bgm1: BGM \ main.wma
menu_bgm2: BGM \ main.wma
The first line contains the music when the game starts, the second line contains the music after pressing the Start Game.
If you do not want to there was music enough to register menu_bgm1: [MU]

2.) Office of background images:
<menu_back_1>
<menu_back_2>
The first line indicates the background when you start the game, the second line shows the background after pressing the Start Game.
As there is a preset:
type 0 \ 1 \ 2 \ 3
When specifying the type: 0 displays only the background color, without graphics.
When specifying the type: 1 displays only one figure, always.
When specifying the type: 2 is displayed in the order in which listed.
When specifying the type: 3 displays all the same as usual - in random order.

3.) List of State, in which the armor does not work:
<armor_s>
state: 8
state: 11
state: 12
state: 13
state: 14
state: 16
state: 18
<armor_s_end>

4.) List of id, in which works support bilateral condition of the block:
<defend>
id: 124
id: 220
id: 221
id: 222
<defend_end>

III. Features of dat files:

1). Itr limit of one frame is increased to 100.
2.) Limit is raised to 799 frames.
3.) Limit sounds lifted.
4.) To create fragments of weapons:

<weapon_piece>
team: 1
piece: 1
act: 109 framea: 0 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 oid: 211 amount: 1
piece_end:
piece: 2
act: 125 framea: 4 dvx: 12 dvy: -20 dvz: 4 amount: 2
piece_end:
piece: 2
act: 130 framea: 4 dvx: 4 dvy: -8 dvz: 4
piece_end:
piece: 3
act: 135 framea: 4 dvx: 8 dvy: -10 dvz: 4 amount: 4
piece_end:
<weapon_piece_end>

"team" - specify to which side of the fragments belong. If the setting is 0 - no default binding, and if the 1 -, you link to the original team.
piece - the serial number of the fragments. Of these groups randomly formed pile fragments which appear (To 25 fragments on one object).
"act" - the first frame, from which the pieces are taken. "framea" - the number of frames that will be used for fragments, for example, specify 3, while the act is 100, then get the order of 100, 101 and 102 (a total of 3 frame).
"dvx", "dvy" and "dvz" - speed of the fragments and their range. For example, dvx: 5 and dvz: 3 will operate for X coordinate ranges from -5 to 5, and Z-coordinate from -3 to 3 (a cube). dvy in turn indicates a high splinter can control the flying coordinate Y, for example, equal to -15 dvy your can splinter off the ground with a force equal to the maximum of -15, and the minimum strength equal to 0.This is only the value range, the pieces themselves are choosing a random direction of flight where admitted specified range.
"amount" - as many fragments of this type may appear.

5. Managing through the armor dat information:
<armor>
sound1: data\085.wav
sound2: data\085.wav
type: 1 ratio: 1 decrease: 100 mp: 0 fall: 20 bdefend: 20 injury: 20 delay: -1
frame: 0 20
state: 4 state: 5 state: 7
effect: 2 effect: 3 effect: 20 effect: 21 effect: 22 effect: 23 effect: 30
id: 208 id: 214
<armor_end>

"sound1" - the sound when triggered armor.
"sound2" - sound on a block for a character with armor.
"type" - An indication of Armor.
- 0 when there is no armor, but sound2 remains active.
- If 1 - works normal armor.
- With 2 armor will only work with certain effect.
- For 3 armor in which the object ignores the fall.
- At 4 armor exists, but does not pass any visual damage (received blows administered to TB, etc.)
"ratio" - the coefficient of protection.
decrease - as much damage extends through the character, working according to the "damage taken -% decrease = damage that character will get through the armor."
"fall", "bdefend" and "injury" - an indication of values ​​that can ignore armor.
"mp" - how much mana will spend a character each time the armor is working according to the "damage received *% mp =% convertible damage to take away mana" if you do not have enough Mana - Damage passes directly.
"spark" - the visual impact of stroke on the armor.
"hp" - your health. similar to the health of weapons - there is not yet over health.
"recover" - how long armor restored (-1 armor makes unrecoverable).
"action" - frame transition in the destruction of armor (if any hp attribute).
"delay" - which delay is the enemy and the victim by hitting the armor indicated format XYYZZ, where X - can be 1 (the frame is reset after a stroke) and 0 (no picture is set to zero), where YY - what the enemy will wait in the block, where the kick on the armor, where ZZ - what a victim will wait after getting hit on his armor.
"frame" - a range of frames in which the armor is active (eg, frame: 0 20 character has armor only in frames from 0 to 20).
"state" - a list of statuses character. in which it is active armor.
"kind" - a list of itr kind, where the armor is active.
"id" - a list of id, which ignores armor.
"effect" - the list of effects that ignore armor.

6. Eliminating shadows across dat files:
- To remove the shadow of the title between <bmp_begin> and <bmp_end> (cap) list the shadow: 1 and the object will not have a shadow.

7. Control hidden characters:
- To manage the available characters in the header between <bmp_begin> and <bmp_end> (cap) list the attribute hiden: X, where X can be either:
0 - the character is always visible in the menu.
1 - the character is visible only after you enter the password.
2 - the character is not seen ever.

8. To change the number of frames for walking and running:
walking_frame: 6
290 291,292,293,294,295
walking_frame_end:

running_frame: 3
running_frame_end:

heavy_walking_frame: 4
heavy_walking_frame_end:

heavy_running_frame: 4
heavy_running_frame_end:

The author recalls that should correct the same attribute frame_rate in the title, because you are changing the number of frames, and their frame_rate considered to be common to all, and so do not forget to use the appropriate status.

9. Setting the display of foreground through the status:
- You can use the state: 10000-29999, where the higher the value, the first plans of the object. Function created for design spells.

10. Function of screen shaking:
- The new state: 5XXYY, where XX and YY is the position deviation of X and Y, respectively. Works on the principle hit_j in shells for offset Z.

11. Conditional jump into frames at certain health (like Louis in Louis_EX):
- State 1xxxyyy, where xxx - Health and yyy - frame number. Status applicable to any hit attributes.

12. The "charge":
state: 6XXX and hit_a: YYY or hit_j: YYY or hit_d: YYY, where YYY - where will go the character, when will expire wait in holding Block, or Jump or Attack. If you do not hold it or it was released ahead of time, there is a transition in the next frame. XXX is not crucial.
state: 4XXX mp: MMM, and hit_a: YYY or hit_j: YYY or hit_d: YYY, where YYY - where will go the character, when will expire wait in holding Block, or Jump or Attack.. If you do not hold it or it was released ahead of time, there is a transition in the next frame. XXX is not crucial, is responsible for the secondary jump on condition. If a character has a specified number of mana, he will spend it and execute the transition to YYY instantly.

13. The new attribute hp:
- Operates similarly to mp, but now as two separated parameters.

14. New basic techniques:
hit_aj: = DJA
hit_aa: = DAA
hit_jj: = DJJ

15. The new transfer function hit_g (G from Ground - "earth"):
- The landing character enters hit_g. (similar to 100 in the original state, which always makes the transition to the 94 frame)
- When using this function with type 3 just need to use the state 3007.

16. Status "stealth":
- State: 20 and state: 21 preemptive equal time to wait. (under the character is still visible).
You can not use the next 999, otherwise the effect will be next 1000 (by Zapashok)

17. Random transition:
- Next: 13XX, where XX - number of subsequent frames to which you will proceed. For example, if frame 300 is next: 1350, the random shift is made ​​to one of the frames 301 to 350.

18. Without arrows(<,^,v,>) transitions:
- You can use transitions dx:, dy: and dz: for short moves with the transition.

19. ITR offset by Z:
- To use the attribute in the IRT need to add "z:", where positive values ​​- is down, and negative - up.

20. Platforms:
- Platform works on "center" frame attributes, so even work on objects that have no bdy.

itr kind X0 - a platform on which you can just jump.
itr kind X1 - creating an impenetrable barrier
itr kind X2 - dvx and dvy available for the creation of mobile platforms
itr kind X3 - available dvx and dvy for the creation of a mobile platform with an acceleration (a gradual build dvN parameter)
itr kind X4 - dvx functions and dvy now mean values ​​of X \ 1000 Y \ 1,000.
itr kind X5 - jumping platform where dvx creates horizontal leaps and dvy vertical (enter a negative value if you want the platform galloped up)

X can have the following values:
- In 3 acts on all objects type 0
- At 4 acts only on the union objects type 0
- At 5 acts only on enemy targets type 0
- 6 operates in the same way as in 3, but works on type 0, type 1, type 2 and type 4
- At 7 operates as well as at 4 but operates on type 0, type 1, type 2, type 4 and type 6
- At 8 operates in the same as in 5 but works on type 0, type 1, type 2, type 4 and type 6

Example:
itr:
kind: 63 x: 0 y: 0 w: 100 h: 100 z: 100 dvx: 5 dvy: -5
itr_end:

In this case we have a platform of "cube", which you can jump, and as it will drop all sorts of things. The platform will move slightly forward and upward.

21. Changes in stages:
- Survival mode deleted.
- The maximum number of levels is increased to 500
- Stage.dat performs the role information for the menu stages, while they themselves are separated by a separate step files:

<stage_information>
id: 0
name: Stage_1
file: data\stage\stage1.dat
<stage_information_end>

id - the ID number, the serial number of stage in the menu list.
name - the name of the stage in the menu.
file - the path to the file to the stage, each stage has a separate file.

22. Изменение уровня для каждой стадии:

id: 0 stage_3-5
bg: 3
<phase> bound: 2200

for use must prescribe bg: X between the id and <phase>, where X - number of levels in data.txt.

23. Attribute when_clear_go_stage:
- Now changed attribute, when_clear_goto_stage: XY, where X - ID stage, and Y - phase stage.

24. Added attribute team:
- Attribute can be used in stages to command the emerging adversaries, by default, is set to 5 enemies (eg, team: 5).

25. Added label <protect>:
- If the target is tagged <protect> dies (health is 0 or below), the game ends.

26. Instant finishing of level after a wave:

- If you want to after killing all the enemies the player does not have to run back up to the very end, you can post id: x and before <phase> tag prescribe ptype: 1 (phase type - the type of phase), making the transition to the next step (from 1-1 to 1-2, for example) will take place immediately, without having to run to the end.

27. The appeal of objects on the map:

opoint:
oid: 203 action: 0 x: 300 y: 0 z: 400 dvx: 100 dvy: 20 dvz: 80
opoint_end:

where oid - the id of the object
x, y, z - coordinate appearance
dvx, dvy, dvz - coordinates

(errors may occur when playing a replay if the objects created not properly, check the final map by watching replays)

28. Manage your music through bgm.dat:

<bgm_begin>
name: Main_Theme
file: bgm\main-1.wma
<bgm_end>

<bgm_begin>
name: Stage_1
file: bgm\stage1x.wma
<bgm_end>

name - the name of the track is displayed in the menu.
file - the way to the track.

29. Added options for Unicode:
- Attribute Uname works similar to the name, but it supports Unicode encoding, and asked to enter the name as a hexadecimal code (for example, Uname: C230A430D730), as well as the attribute can be used in places such as stage.dat, where no such attribute, but Unicode support exists (for example, when writing the prefix [UC], let's say - [UC] C230A430D730).

Translated into English by me. (c) Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Power Development Kit (PDK) Empty Re: Power Development Kit (PDK)

Post by Rhino.Freak 9th May 2013, 3:25 pm

OMG, this looks awesome and codes are somewhat similar to lf2's codes.. I reeaallyy like this thing and you have done real hardwork here! you deserve a like from me!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 9th May 2013, 3:27 pm

Rhino.Freak wrote:OMG, this looks awesome and codes are somewhat similar to lf2's codes.. I reeaallyy like this thing and you have done real hardwork here! you deserve a like from me!
IMO - Today, it is the best base for mode.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 9th May 2013, 3:52 pm

Spoiler:
OMG Shocked !!! Loading before each battle 0_0!! My dream is coming true without any effort!! Daude! You are AWESOME!! Have you got a wish to be granted? (perhaps something I can do?????)
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 9th May 2013, 3:55 pm

A-MAN wrote:
Spoiler:
OMG Shocked !!! Loading before each battle 0_0!! My dream is coming true without any effort!! Daude! You are AWESOME!! Have you got a wish to be granted? (perhaps something I can do?????)
Yeap, I have a wish, hope to see your game with some awesome new effects been done on this engine Cool
Hope you downloading it right now, and will test this cool stuff.
Please post some opinion if you already triead this engine.
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 10th May 2013, 3:26 am

Hmph, I just tried it, and it doesn't seem like I will be able to use it (for you guys' sake). The modification ideas are really epic, but the game is crashing 24/7; That is, when I choose random for the background, when I try to play against a computer, when I click "fight" for the stage mode (even using the stage file the came with the pack)... And when I play human v.s human, some weirder bugs appeared:
Food sliding fast on the ground, some character's aren't able to do some move combinations. Sometimes, the game crashes when you try to transform (even though i am using state 80xx). The game crashes after doing some moves... etc.

To summarize: The new features are great, but it has got more weirder bugs; I don't think it will be used. I still have to admit that the guy is crazy with R.E stuff. Anyways, nothing to be sad about, I really appreciate your work writing all that, and therefore, 500 belies for your hard work. I assure that you will be seeing some much more epic stuff in the A-Engine!! Thumbs up!
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 10th May 2013, 5:48 am

A-MAN im sure you do some reserve engineering from this engine to add some features in the A-Engine? like the alpha channel!
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 10th May 2013, 5:59 am

Guys, you are misunderstanding the term "Engine". An engine is basically a very high-level programming language which makes coding games easier. The programmer codes a code which reads from an easier code he creates, and translates it into the harder code. This way, the game programming will be much easier. What that guy did wasn't really an engine. He modified the LF2 engine with Hex and added new features with that. When I code my engine, I won't have to do any reverse engineering, cuz I will be having the source code (which I will be writing from the very scratch). The A-Engine will support the LF2 code we are all used to, and also, some more different features, like for example, it will (hopefully) support gifs. And after that, EVERYTHING will be possible in my way; I will be able to code the most complicated/epic effects and attacks from the anime into the game XD
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by EX-MAN 18th May 2013, 7:05 am

PDK - EdL
This is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LDK - Little Development Kit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
EX-MAN
EX-MAN
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Bellies Bellies : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 6th June 2013, 5:44 pm

Thanks for trying to help. But these heavy modifications of LF2 are really inconvenient. Solution: A-Engine which i am dying to start coding Razz
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down