barfix
ciclun
Doflamingo
vunguyen97
Dragon5
47 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 14 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by riquelme375 11th January 2015, 6:40 am

IT BETTER BE HERE WHEN I GET BACK FROM SCHOOL D:<

Cya for 7-8 hours Razz
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Bellies Bellies : 3357

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 14 Empty Re: One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress

Post by vaoy22 11th January 2015, 12:54 pm

What you do now A-team the game ready or it just uploading to the download server?
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1631

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 11th January 2015, 2:31 pm

What are you talking about? It's still 2 AM here: https://www.google.com/search?q=time+in+Samoa-+Pago+Pago&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
I will upload when I wake up.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

https://onepiecea-edition.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 11th January 2015, 2:41 pm

Lol i had assumed that it was 19:41 for you because that's the website's time xD (at least that's what it says for me, 15:41 here)
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 11th January 2015, 3:14 pm

Oh so just tomorrow i will play the game...
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 11th January 2015, 6:11 pm

Im in france and it's 18:05
So A-Man in your contry it's 6:10 now, so you're gonna upload the game at am or pm ?
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 561

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 11th January 2015, 7:04 pm

18:04 gmt, still waiting for A-man to wake up

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 11th January 2015, 7:07 pm

vaoy22 wrote:What you do now A-team the game ready or it just uploading to the download server?

No offense, but why do you have to be so annoying, just wait patiently, if its ready, it will be out. Let those people rest.

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 494

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 11th January 2015, 8:39 pm

I never said that was my time-zone Razz (nor it is the one I set as the forum's default one). I just follow it for its convenience Razz.
Anyway, we're very sorry about the delay. We've still got little work to do here and there. This is the first time for the A-Engine to power a playable game, and so there was a lot of accumulated bugs lying in there waiting to be fixed; thus taking me a while.

Thanks for your patience all of you.

Fun fact: The game was actually planned to be released on 1st January, but a couple of days before that, we realized it was impossible.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 11th January 2015, 9:04 pm

Its k xD
Just take your time Razz
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 11th January 2015, 9:15 pm

No problem ! Smile take two or three weeks if you need it ! Wink
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by ciclun 11th January 2015, 11:53 pm

if you got to deliver a game, deliver it well xD
ciclun
ciclun
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 12th January 2015, 9:10 am

guys i didnt understand so when the game release ?

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by RaCuGa 12th January 2015, 11:14 am

onepiece22 wrote: guys i didnt understand so when the game release ?
In a little Hours i think. Seems that A-Man fall asleep Uploading the game xD (he is polishing the game, fixing some Bugs).

RaCuGa
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 12th January 2015, 11:22 am

i hope he release it as soon as possible and thanks man

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 12th January 2015, 6:11 pm

For how long do you guys think I sleep!? lol.
Anyway.., YES. We've missed the release date. Even worse, we need one more day to get this done. I am very sorry to keep waiting guys, but
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 12th January 2015, 6:14 pm

What the hell with that video. It is ok for me if it releases within this week Very Happy
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 12th January 2015, 8:23 pm

Beta96 wrote:What the hell with that video. It is ok for me if it releases within this week Very Happy
Same here, As long as it come out this week, Im goood to go, is not like i go on the site every 30 mins for the last 2 days. LOL

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 12th January 2015, 8:56 pm

*Raises hand*
I understand!

P.S.
If this gets postponed again,
expect me.
And a bullet.
To the chest.
Smile
Smile
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by KlNG_HAKI 12th January 2015, 11:23 pm

take your time don't release it really buggy because people are impatient

KlNG_HAKI
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 13th January 2015, 1:50 pm

Yea but pleast dont late Sad
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo 13th January 2015, 5:06 pm

LOL, I knew that would happen. Razz
Doflamingo
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 13th January 2015, 5:11 pm

Well, the hero always arrives late I guess Razz.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 13th January 2015, 5:30 pm

Honestly A-MAN, you take an alpha waay too seriously.. Its supposed to be a demo thingy, just so people can get the feel of the game.. You're polishing too much XD
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifdeen9 13th January 2015, 7:09 pm

Rhino.Freak wrote:Honestly A-MAN, you take an alpha waay too seriously.. Its supposed to be a demo thingy, just so people can get the feel of the game.. You're polishing too much XD
Alpha or not, a game must be polishing and then for the next version it's gonna be too fast !!!
...Right ? Suspect ?
Seifdeen9
Seifdeen9
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 13th January 2015, 7:43 pm

It's not really about "polishing" at all. They're bugs.. Heart-breaking bugs that is. These problems that appear shockingly at the last second almost causing you a heart attack. Yesterday, I was coding this attack Z has just finished spriting for the grunts, ready to see them in the fresh platformed BG fight as the AI I had just finished coding. Suddenly, the FPS plummeted all the way down to ~10 FPS..

What caused that? A time test pointed out to the collision detection portion of the engine, taking as much as 20x the other processes in the main loop.  The algorithm I used was a very basic one, so I wasn't really surprised to find out it's the cause. All these collision checks, a ~150 bdys on the screen x a 150 other solid rects that prevents them from going through each other... Another 2-dimensional iteration checking for rects clashings.. Should've expected the drop down of the FPS I guess.

Solution? A better collision detection algorithm; Quadtrees showed to be the most capable. So I just got a round to implement it this morning.. Worked on it, until I realized that the iteration sequence I used is very different from the one I needed.

So one would think I can just rearrange the code, it shouldn't take that much time, would it? Oh yes it would. That portion of the code is pretty much a jumble of spaghetti code I wrote when I learnt my ABCs in C++.

/whine

Anyway, whatever will be ready by tomorrow would probably not be what we've planned for a first release, unfortunately. An update with what was missing/unsatisfying would soon follow I hope.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 13th January 2015, 7:58 pm

@A-MAN:
I Still dont get it so when A-Engine Should To be released?
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by wdkace 13th January 2015, 9:06 pm

A-MAN wrote:It's not really about "polishing" at all. They're bugs.. Heart-breaking bugs that is. These problems that appear shockingly at the last second almost causing you a heart attack. Yesterday, I was coding this attack Z has just finished spriting for the grunts, ready to see them in the fresh platformed BG fight as the AI I had just finished coding. Suddenly, the FPS plummeted all the way down to ~10 FPS..

What caused that? A time test pointed out to the collision detection portion of the engine, taking as much as 20x the other processes in the main loop.  The algorithm I used was a very basic one, so I wasn't really surprised to find out it's the cause. All these collision checks, a ~150 bdys on the screen x a 150 other solid rects that prevents them from going through each other... Another 2-dimensional iteration checking for rects clashings.. Should've expected the drop down of the FPS I guess.

Solution? A better collision detection algorithm; Quadtrees showed to be the most capable. So I just got a round to implement it this morning.. Worked on it, until I realized that the iteration sequence I used is very different from the one I needed.

So one would think I can just rearrange the code, it shouldn't take that much time, would it? Oh yes it would. That portion of the code is pretty much a jumble of spaghetti code I wrote when I learnt my ABCs in C++.

/whine

Anyway, whatever will be ready by tomorrow would probably not be what we've planned for a first release, unfortunately. An update with what was missing/unsatisfying would soon follow I hope.

I know the feeling, when everything looks perfectly fine, and the moment u hit Execute, suddenly bunch of bugs comes out and you will be like " WTF just happen?!!!" Thats how i felt when i learnt C++ and Java.

wdkace
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by ciclun 13th January 2015, 11:51 pm

hahaha , im taking programing in school and i am learning C++ xD
ciclun
ciclun
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 14th January 2015, 5:58 am

C++XD?! it is new?

In elementary school?
Or HighSchool?
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac3 14th January 2015, 7:45 am

it's 14/1 in my country A-Man Laughing
Ac3
Ac3
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by riquelme375 14th January 2015, 10:54 am

Yep, here too, but he's probably sleeping right now.
riquelme375
riquelme375
Supernova
Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by masterx1 14th January 2015, 11:21 am

today is the day

masterx1
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 14th January 2015, 5:21 pm

A man so for sure today is the release day ? because im confused

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 14th January 2015, 5:32 pm

onepiece22 wrote:A man so for sure today is the release day ? because im confused
I think he still sleeping...
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 14th January 2015, 5:47 pm

As you can see in the chat box in the homepage, he says he's probably gonna release in a few hours.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 14th January 2015, 5:48 pm

Yes, it's today. Just few things are taking more time than they should 0_o. The game will be available in about an hour, or two at max.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by danilopp 14th January 2015, 6:06 pm

This question perhaps offended ... I'll be able to edit your mod with "A-Engine"?
danilopp
danilopp
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 14th January 2015, 6:27 pm

Yes, of course, but I wouldn't recommend doing it now; there are still many instabilities here and there, and the documentation I've posted is very lacking. The A-Engine will soon be released for everyone after all, and whoever will use it have my full support.

But if you are asking to edit the game as a whole and republish that, then I am sorry, but I can not allow. The content of the game is not mine alone; we worked on it together, as a team.

Edit: And its not a mod Evil or Very Mad . It's a full fledged game powered by the A-Engine.

Last edited by A-MAN on 14th January 2015, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by onepiece22 14th January 2015, 6:29 pm

finally now everyone are relaxed haha cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers XD XD

onepiece22
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 14th January 2015, 6:46 pm

Ohh Probably I Sleep when it Released... Sad
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by danilopp 14th January 2015, 6:56 pm

Incredible, wanted to mod with other thematic with your engine, even thanks for answering A, their work is making me impressed the extreme
danilopp
danilopp
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by brbrbrkin 14th January 2015, 11:28 pm

I wasn't active for a while now, i've missed a lot of things of the development of the game :c
Anyway, it's going to be released today? really?? :DDDDDD I can't wait :v
brbrbrkin
brbrbrkin
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta96 14th January 2015, 11:33 pm

It has been released in another topic
Beta96
Beta96
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by brbrbrkin 14th January 2015, 11:36 pm

I will check it out then, thanks man =)
brbrbrkin
brbrbrkin
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by vaoy22 15th January 2015, 2:52 pm

On what do you work now?
vaoy22
vaoy22
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak 15th January 2015, 3:00 pm

Obviously the bug-fixing until a stabler version is up.

I'll be locking this thread as it has served its purpose.
We shall create a new one / unlock this thread when it comes to use.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN 22nd January 2015, 9:08 am

Project is on-hold from my side for ~ a week.
Reason: Exams + Another small project I want to get going.
A-MAN
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 14 Empty One Piece A-Edition Alpha 2 Progress

Post by Z-studios 29th January 2015, 4:23 pm

How hows it going?  Hope you're liking the demo, its still very early and we have lots to improve on still.  Just been very busy with work atm, haven't had much time to be active on forums lately

Grunt combo progress
One Piece A-Edition Alpha Progress - Page 14 Brawlpunch_by_z_studios-d8dlo8p
Z-studios
Z-studios
Supernova
Supernova

Z-Studios : Team-A Spriter
Bellies Bellies : 7808

Back to top Go down

Post by chikolocko 29th January 2015, 7:02 pm

looks good but doesnt the marines useually have swords or guns?

chikolocko
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next